• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Average Fuel Economy

Cyclerosis

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I couldn't locate a thread dedicated to overall average efficiency and I apologize if one has already started and this is redundant. (nyuk nyuk) After realizing just how efficient this machine is, I registered on fuelly.com to keep track of fuel cost, mpg, etc.

With exactly 1002 miles on the odometer and according to all mileage and gallons I've entered on the fuelly site, average efficiency is 67.9 mpg. My best tank achieved 70.5 mpg.

My opinion is this. Honda has designed a true motorcycle that's practical, handles extremely well, is fun to ride, easy to maintain and delivers the fuel sipping efficiency of a scooter. :cool:

My opinion is this. Honda has designed a true motorcycle that's practical, handles extremely well, is fun to ride, easy to maintain and delivers the fuel sipping efficiency of a scooter. :cool:

One of the rides in our stable is a Honda Reflex 250 scooter. It's capable of mile per hour speeds in the mid 70's. We drive it gently and only get 70 mpg, which is still quite respectable. However, the Honda Silver Wing 600cc scooter gets mileage in the 50's according to many reports. So you could rewrite your statement to say that the NC700x "delivers fuel sipping efficiency better than a scooter."

The problem with belt drive CVT transmission scooters is that they take away rider control of the transmission ratios. If you are in a situation where a lower RPM would deliver adequate power and better economy, that's too bad because the CVT does not allow you to select a different ratio. It runs where it wants to run, sometimes at the expense of efficiency. The NC700X, manual or DCT, allows the riders control of engine RPM/vs speed to maximize economy.

Last edited:
I am getting mid 60's to low 70's mpg USA. Lowest was about 57 but I rode 75-95 mph that sample. Highest was 90 mpg at a steady 50 mph.

On a recent road trip, I traveled on the interstate highways cruising at 72-75mph, and my mpg was pretty steady at around 62mpg.
On local roads where 55-60 mph is the norm, I get right around 80mpg.

2670 mile road trip, mountain passes, flat land, tail winds, head winds, cross winds, 60-80 mph. Loaded with panniers,top box, tent, camping gear. Low was 59.9 mpg.us gal. high was 66.9 mpg.

I am getting mid 60's to low 70's mpg USA. Lowest was about 57 but I rode 75-95 mph that sample. Highest was 90 mpg at a steady 50 mph.

If I could only ride 50 mph for a full tank! 333 miles, that would be 535.912 km to our metric friends.

Last edited:
Back