• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madstad. Nothing works as well but it's not a looker. If you like to ride distances it begins to look great.

It's actually not that tall. The top edge of it is about 3" below eye level. The bottom of it is well below the instrument panel. You never look through a Madstad if it is sized correctly for the rider.
So what's your height, and what size Madstad is on your bike? Your pic is emptying my wallet.

Woke up early to ride before a Grandsons 11 am basketball game (he has another at 5 PM..tournaments) and was greeted with 34 degrees and a wintry mix. Decided to hold off. Stopped precipitating, sun came out, grandson won his game and came home to ride ... 58 miles @ 50 degrees and sunny
1677425263941.png

@the Ferret @dduelin both came to mind.

Finally pulled the forks out at about 43,000kms. They will be rebuilt on the morrow with fresh oil, new seals and new bushings. New Dunlops to be fitted also.
Are you replacing seals with OEM, or perhaps aftermarket? I’d love to have some with lower stiction.

Are you replacing seals with OEM, or perhaps aftermarket? I’d love to have some with lower stiction.

Replacing with OEM. These particular forks were never afflicted with stiction to the extent that others I have owned were. My only issue with them is excessive high speed compression damping while the low speed compression and rebound dampings were fine. For that reason I am going for a 7.5W oil instead of the standard 10W. Fingers crossed on that one.

2.8 miles to church and back. 47° and a misty rain. I know, I'm a weenie but I don't like to ride on wet pavement. At least I got to try out "rain" mode!
The wet pavement doesn’t bother me as much as the wet me.

I watched a video regarding wet pavement and traction loss motorcycles experience on them. I think it was produced by McRider. I found a few scholarly articles supporting much of what was reported in the video. Anyhow, traction loss on wet roads was not nearly as much as I thought. Many variables, but you get the drift.

When I returned to riding, wet pavement got the best of me; and it’s almost unavoidable here in Florida. I think wet pavement is like snakes to me; they intimidate me because I don’t know enough about them. If the video is something that might be helpful to you to watch, and articles to read also, I can try to find it. Probably an easy google. Best intentions only with this post.

The wet pavement doesn’t bother me as much as the wet me.

I watched a video regarding wet pavement and traction loss motorcycles experience on them. I think it was produced by McRider. I found a few scholarly articles supporting much of what was reported in the video. Anyhow, traction loss on wet roads was not nearly as much as I thought. Many variables, but you get the drift.

When I returned to riding, wet pavement got the best of me; and it’s almost unavoidable here in Florida. I think wet pavement is like snakes to me; they intimidate me because I don’t know enough about them. If the video is something that might be helpful to you to watch, and articles to read also, I can try to find it. Probably an easy google. Best intentions only with this post.
I watched the MCRider video. Good information.

Was supposed to rain all day today starting at 5 AM. Woke up at 7 and driveway was wet but it wasn't raining. Got dressed and took off and 5 miles up the road it poured lol. First chance to ride the Shikos in the rain and on wet roads. They did fine. Quit raining eventually and only had to deal with the wet roads., and the NC got a (rain) bath lol. 53 miles @ 50 degrees.

I watched the MCRider video. Good information.
I took a "master control" class in Burlington, NC a few years ago. The class took place on a parking lot with cones set up everywhere for the various drills. It was about a 30 mile ride each way to Burlington and the class itself was 9am - 4pm with a break for lunch. It rained non-stop the entire day from before I left home until after I returned. I had been pretty nervous about wet pavement before that day but not afterward. As far as I could tell, it had no effect whatever on anyone's traction. The instructors said that the first ten minutes of rain have the biggest effect by raising any oil in the pavement to the surface where it can be pretty slick. After ten minutes, this oily film supposedly washes off leaving the traction about 80% (they said) of what it would be when dry. This is just my observation, of course, and certainly not a scientific study.

Finished the month with a 54 mile ride@ 52 degrees and sunny., bringing my total to 1164 miles for the month. What a crazy February. Managed to ride 26 of 28 days. Missed one day to medical, and 1 day to 2" of rain.

For the year that makes 50 of 59 days ridden and 2380 miles. 562 of those miles on my CB and 1818 miles on the NC.

Finished the month with a 54 mile ride@ 52 degrees and sunny., bringing my total to 1164 miles for the month. What a crazy February. Managed to ride 26 of 28 days. Missed one day to medical, and 1 day to 2" of rain.

For the year that makes 50 of 59 days ridden and 2380 miles. 562 of those miles on my CB and 1818 miles on the NC.
WTG Ferret! That's hard-core brother!

Finally pulled the forks out at about 43,000kms. They will be rebuilt on the morrow with fresh oil, new seals and new bushings. New Dunlops to be fitted also.
Put the forks back and will test later. It appears that after 44,000kms (correction) the bushings had very little wear on them. Oil in the undamped leg was still clean but there was a fair bit of contamination in the damped leg as expected. I always clean the lower stanchions after a wet or muddy ride and I believe this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back