• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me, my neighbor and another buddy took a ride down the hill thru Santa Cruz, up through Bonny Doon then up Hwy 1 to Pescadero, CA. Plenty of curves and I'm still getting a feel for how the NC handles. The other guys ride a decked out Indian bagger of some sort and a Honda VTR1000 Superhawk, which had an exhaust bracket break mid ride (nothing a little bailing wire couldn't fix). Was probably 30-40 mi. total and low 60s. Took note of buffeting and future clothing strategy. Also need to start carrying some basic tools etc. Of course I didn't take any pics.

Went for a short ride to Placerville via backroads than home thru Apple Hill other backroads , but it was 60 * and fairly comfortable. Supposed to snow down to Placerville on thursday and possibly snow @ my house as early as Tuesday (Only about 50 mi ) Skied @ Sierra @ Tahoe tues-saturday and up to 45 days so far this season , trying to decide wether to go skiing or on the NC tomorrow or maybe both ??

Last edited:
75 miles, 67°, cloudy and windy. Merlin performed flawlessly! This my favorite bike of all the bikes I've owned.

That is praise indeed. I also reckon my X-Adv variant is in there in the top ten of bikes I have ever owned over a 50 year+ period. The mix of bikes in that category for me are very varied though.

I'm looking at your screen instead, looks massive. What brand is it?
Madstad. Nothing works as well but it's not a looker. If you like to ride distances it begins to look great.

It's actually not that tall. The top edge of it is about 3" below eye level. The bottom of it is well below the instrument panel. You never look through a Madstad if it is sized correctly for the rider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back