• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone done a McCruise installation on a NC700?

Ricknc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Arthritis is creeping into my right hand. While a cramp buster and a throttle lock helps tremendously with comfort. I’m ready to get serious and install cruise control. MCCruise lists kits for the NC750 and CTX 700 but no catalog listing for the NC700 DCT. I contacted McCruise and they said they have sold a 750 kit recently for someone to use on a 700 but haven’t been able to get feedback. If anyone here has installed said kit on a NC700 or seen a post elsewhere please respond.

Thanks.

Id love to have cruise. Had it on my FJR and used it way more than I thought I would. Not sure I’d pay $1000 and then have to install it myself though.

Will be following the thread nonetheless.

Last edited:
Id love to have cruise. Had iton my FJR and used it way more than I thought I would. Not sure I’d pay $1000 and then have to install it myself though.

Will be following the thread nonetheless.
The cost is not cheap. I had thought about adapting a Rostra universal system but by the time I fabricate adapters and buy the necessary accessories, I would only be $300-350 away from the $968 the McCruise will cost including shipping.
The only other option is to get another bike. But the closest to this in DCT is the Africa Twin. I am more happy with the NC than I would be with the AT. I would also have have to put out another $6k plus to get a good used AT.

Dang. I briefly thought about McCruise when I bought the NC, but shelved the idea.

My Kaoko "throttle stablizer" requires constant attention, a slight but noticeable pain-in-the-arse.

Installed a McCruise on my ST1300 20 years ago; worked well, and really necessary on that bike. I'm starting to think the NC would be more comfortable on longer trips with it.

This thread may have a price tag.

Addendum: Don't remember the teardown on the ST being as extensive. The ST kit at that time had a vacuum servo. This job might take all day...

Last edited:
Dang. I briefly thought about McCruise when I bought the NC, but shelved the idea.

My Kaoko "throttle stablizer" requires constant attention, a slight but noticeable pain-in-the-arse.

Installed a McCruise on my ST1300 20 years ago; worked well, and really necessary on that bike. I'm starting to think the NC would be more comfortable on longer trips with it.

This thread may have a price tag.

Addendum: Don't remember the teardown on the ST being as extensive. The ST kit at that time had a vacuum servo. This job might take all day...
It is an electric servo now. Looking through the instructions the amount of panel tear down is about the same as an air filter change. You do have to pull the battery to gain access behind it. Most of the fiddlely work is getting to the throttle body and replacing the throttle cable’ s attachment point with a sub-cable. There is a round box that the throttle cable , sub-cable and servo meet in to actuate the throttle. Electric is all plug and play with adapters to fit oem connections.

I e-mailed McCruise on 8 August, and the response from the Director (Frank Guymer) was "Yes we are planning to develop a cruise for this model (21+), hopefully before the end of the year."
sweet, in theory should be simpler than on the older models

Back