• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoot, it's only March and I'm already 5,000 miles behind DDuelin, and 9,000 miles behind the lead guy on the ST forum mileage tracker for the year
I threw my back out last Saturday trying to prove I'm as young as I used to be. I was taking a refresher safe riding course instructed by our local Sheriff's Office and one of the demonstrations was how to pick up a 900 lb Harley Davidson police motorcycle. Not required, just volunteer if you felt like it. I was the oldest rider there at 67 and thought I'd show the young bucks how it's done. I used to be able to pick up a 730 lb ST1300, what's 170 lbs more? No riding for 8 days now, just rotating ice packs and heat pads with a few muscle relaxers thrown in. The BMWMOA annual mileage contest ends March 31 and this is prime riding weather! I hope to get on a bike tomorrow and see how I feel.

Yesterday my wife pointed out a bike meet and ride out that took place today - a young kid's mum recently out of hospital and who loves bikes, so 17 year on on a scooter arranged the whole thing. Fair play to the young man - a good turn out and I think Mum was surprised when we all arrived outside their house!

That Moto Guzzi with the dump-trailer was unique to say the least...

PXL_20230305_115633897.jpgPXL_20230305_120053819.jpgPXL_20230305_120545192.jpgPXL_20230305_120731978.jpgPXL_20230305_131717554.PANO.jpg

...and of course, a video :)

Last edited:
Just home from a 900km weekend on backroads in the West. Very demanding and technical riding in some of the most beautiful countryside in my country. I spent most of the weekend in the company of a good Friend and his Ducati 1200 Multistrada enduro. I envied him his suspension, but he in turn envied me the agility of my Scoot on the really tight stuff.

:rolleyes:

We worry more about the Ohio River flooding here than train derailments. We've had some doozy floods that literally covered the whole town. From Main Street it's about 30 feet to the river. This pic is on ST RT 52 The Ohio River Scenic Byway which passes thru town. The river has completely covered this road at times. Ohio on left side of pic, Kentucky on right side of pic. Beautiful area to live and ride when the river isn't acting up. Lots of hills and curvy roads.

9mc0fIdh.jpg
I'm not sure it's as severe as it is near you, but it seems like that river floods Louisville just about every spring.

I threw my back out last Saturday trying to prove I'm as young as I used to be. I was taking a refresher safe riding course instructed by our local Sheriff's Office and one of the demonstrations was how to pick up a 900 lb Harley Davidson police motorcycle. Not required, just volunteer if you felt like it. I was the oldest rider there at 67 and thought I'd show the young bucks how it's done. I used to be able to pick up a 730 lb ST1300, what's 170 lbs more? No riding for 8 days now, just rotating ice packs and heat pads with a few muscle relaxers thrown in. The BMWMOA annual mileage contest ends March 31 and this is prime riding weather! I hope to get on a bike tomorrow and see how I feel.
Hope you feel better Dave. I'd chalk that up to improper body mechanics as opposed to capabilities.

Installed and tested new navigation screen, Samsung Tab Active 3, Ram EZ Roll’r mount, and DMD2/OSMand apps. Baja prep near complete.View attachment 51420

96f16b00-3985-456a-b77b-7b1e2bb95d60-jpeg.51421

View attachment 51422
I've never seen that before. Kind of cool. Does screen have glare or does the Ram case take care of that? In other words, can you view it without problems in bright light?

I've never seen that before. Kind of cool. Does screen have glare or does the Ram case take care of that? In other words, can you view it without problems in bright light?
It does have some glare. The case only attaches to the back so it’s the tablet screen that’s exposed. I might try a non-glare screen saver at some point. The DMD2 app is fully configurable and has a road book mode for rally’s and OBD2 integration with Bluetooth obdii reader, although I don’t think the NC700 outputs obdii data. I guess I could watch some Netflix on the road if I really was bored!

Installed and tested new navigation screen, Samsung Tab Active 3, Ram EZ Roll’r mount, and DMD2/OSMand apps. Baja prep near complete.
Random question, but ...

1678211640491.png

...I note your cover-top upper fairing (61317MGSD30ZA) is loose. Can anyone confirm what's behind there? I'm planning to do some re-wiring soon and have a spare of this bit to hand:

1678211749915.png

...and I'm wondering what sits behind. If there's space for wiring and a switch for auxiliary lights / USB outlet to sit under the dash mounted into this part? Or if there's no space behind as there's a metal pipe or something silly in the way. Never removed this part of the fairings to check, but considering it if it's a viable space...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back