• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed a set of engine guards--Krator brand although they seem to be Givi's with a different logo on the plastic bumper--were a bit cheaper -actually purchased from Walmart oddly enough--if anyone is installing a set you can keep the bushings in place with a bit of caulk or duct tape--makes the reinstallation of the engine mount bolts a little easier-you wont need more fingers than you have on 2 hands
Pics!

63 miles this morning before the rain hits

l7Ul0p1h.jpg

Gads I feel sorry for you "up north" motorcyclists. We've had a couple good days in a row now and motorcycles are popping up like spring daffodils here.

I checked my journal yesterday, I missed 5 days in November, 2 in December, 8 days in January, 10 days in February and 1 day so far in March. Should be about 289 more ridable days until Jan 1, 2023.

Last edited:
Gads I feel sorry for you "up north" motorcyclists. We've had a couple good days in a row now and motorcycles are popping up like spring daffodils here.

I checked my journal yesterday, I missed 5 days in November, 2 in December, 8 days in January, 10 days in February and 1 day so far in March. Should be about 289 more ridable days until Jan 1, 2023.
Do you ride motorcycles in summer, too, or does your interest fall off somewhat? I lack the desire to ride on many summer days. I'd like to think the "up north" riders have more enjoyable summers, so it's probably a trade-off for their winter off season.

Do you ride motorcycles in summer, too, or does your interest fall off somewhat? I lack the desire to ride on many summer days. I'd like to think the "up north" riders have more enjoyable summers, so it's probably a trade-off for their winter off season.
Yep ride all year round. I actually like riding in heat better than cold lol. Year before last I rode 350 out of 366 days. Last year had I some medical issues that caused me to miss about 35 days, but still rode 283 days. Since retiring in 2014 when I started keeping track of days ridden, I have averaged 300 days and 22,867 miles a year. (miles ridden which I have kept track of Since Jan 1, 2008... 252,566 as of this morning's ride). Wish I had kept records since I started riding in May 1965. I commuted by motorcycle for 17 years and have always ridden year round. I "figure" I'm at about 800,000 miles now. Too old to break a million though, and no way to prove it anyway.

Some pics. Engine guards. Bags and racks came from member here. As did tall windshield. Nelson rigg bags are mounted to a 1/4 plywood plate painted with truck bed coating. Knobs from home Depot. Can be dismounted quickly if necessary. Non skid panels on tank are textured rubber made for handgun grips

Attachments

• IMG_20220318_143231346.jpg
    IMG_20220318_143231346.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20220316_154950683.jpg
    IMG_20220316_154950683.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20220318_143220407.jpg
    IMG_20220318_143220407.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20220318_162019971.jpg
    IMG_20220318_162019971.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 28

I'll take the sympathy LOL.

I personally like the weather for riding to be no more than 80F.
That way I can wear my armoured mesh jacket and be perfectly comfortable.
My extremes for riding have been between 25F and 105F, but not very happy at either of those extremes.
Right now it's sunny and 38F.
The main roads here are dry, but side streets and anything with plowed windrows on the south side out of the sun are still icy and/or very wet.

Lol... 80 is when I START enjoying it, well maybe 75. Anything below that I'm either cool or cold. I dont start wearing mesh until it turns 80. I dont enjoy it too much over 90 though. We get about 19 days a year (2 days over 100) and on those days I generally ride morning or evening. Same amount of days we get below freezing

Lol... 80 is when I START enjoying it, well maybe 75. Anything below that I'm either cool or cold. I dont start wearing mesh until it turns 80. I dont enjoy it too much over 90 though. We get about 19 days a year (2 days over 100) and on those days I generally ride morning or evening. Same amount of days we get below freezing
Lucky you if you enjoy 80+ (degrees F). There will be plenty of that to go around.

It is interesting how people’s preferences vary. I tolerate winter, celebrate spring and fall, but loathe the coming of summer. And contrary to popular preference, I hate sunshine. I don’t sit under heat lamps indoors, and I don’t want that feeling outdoors either.

Ideal motorcycling weather is 65F (18C), overcast skies, no wind, no precipitation. Come to think of it, those are exactly the conditions inside my house right now.

Last edited:
Some pics. Engine guards. Bags and racks came from member here. As did tall windshield. Nelson rigg bags are mounted to a 1/4 plywood plate painted with truck bed coating. Knobs from home Depot. Can be dismounted quickly if necessary. Non skid panels on tank are textured rubber made for handgun grips
That is a very clean looking setup! Good job!

Had my first proper spin on dry roads today so I was riding briskly on my favoured backroads. As such there was ample use of the throttle and gears. There were 155kms in total and I decided to do the fuel calculation when filling up again at the end of the trip. I got 69 miles per Imperial gallon. Happy with that under the circumstances. There will be an 800km trip with some friends on monday/tuesday so I will do another check then. I suspect it will do better.

Took the NC to Carson, Wa for a pizza. The weather was clear when I left. On the way home the rain came back, then turned to hail. My right index knuckle recorded 3 direct hits..ouch

I have a small wear spot on the pillion seat. Temporary repair to prevent the tear increasing and to protect the foam. The product is the Gear Aid, Tenacious Tape. This will be my first use where the product will be regularly exposed to rain and UV rays.
IMG_20220319_175753.jpg

54 degrees and sunny so I ran the "airport loop" which I usually run on Sunday's, and added in the road we call "6-90's" because it has six 90 degree bends in it. 56 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back