• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC750x purchased yet?

2021 OEM accessories are now showing up on American Honda’s website:
  • Key body part - $10
  • Key inner cylinder - $20
  • Center stand - $126
  • Heated grips - $316
  • Light bar - $240
  • Lower wind deflectors - $95
  • Pannier set (33L left, 32L right) - $1,000
  • Pannier stays - $220
  • Rear carrier - $400
  • Tall windscreen - $161
  • Top case (35L) - $106
  • Top case inner bag (35L) - $50
  • Top case backrest pad (35L) - $80
  • Top case lock (35L) - $106
  • Top case (50L) - $426
  • Top case inner bag (50L) - $147
  • USB charger - $35
In my opinion the only thing worth buying from that list is the center stand. The aftermarket already does or will eventually offer more and better options at lower prices for luggage, heated grips, power outlets, etc. .

Frustratingly, American Honda’s accessory listings for the ‘21 NC are a bit of a mess. For example:

For their 50L top box, it’s unclear if it comes with the aluminum top panel or back rest — both of which are sold separately in the UK. The description mentions the box can be customized with the “Top Case Panel Kit”, however, it’s only listed on their parts store and not on the actual Honda website. Even more confusing, the parts store listing for the “Top Case Panel Kit” says it’s actually for the OEM panniers, but includes instructions for the 50L top box.

The NC accessory list also mentions an inner bag for a 58L top box — even though the biggest top box they’re offering is 50L. However, the part number matches the 50L inner bag on the UK site.

Oy…

No definitive update as of today regarding delivery of my wife's 2021 NC750X DCT. Dealer says within a month.

Changing subject to Frunks, I was looking at the Ford truck website checking the specs of the new F-150 Lightning all electric truck - IT HAS A FRUNK!

A buddy texted me yesterday and said someone posted a pic on Facebook of the 2021 NC 750X he just picked up, so they must have started releasing them here in the states?

'bout time!!! Any clue where that photo came from?
I did a Facebook search and came across a Senior Motorcyclists group post from a guy in Canada:
"Picked up my 2021 NC750X dct yesterday at Barrie Honda Motorcycles Canada Powerhouse. What a great bike."
Barrie Honda is in Barrie, Ontario, close to Toronto.

Our dealer here in Washington State says it may be within a month.

Last edited:
I did a Facebook search and came across a Senior Motorcyclists group post from a guy in Canada:
"Picked up my 2021 NC750X dct yesterday at Barrie Honda Motorcycles Canada Powerhouse. What a great bike."

The Powerhouse dealers likely get them before multi-line dealers.
Last I heard they would land in Canada late summer.
No Powerhouse dealers in my province.

I texted my buddy and he said he saw it on a Facebook Senior Motorcyclist page. I tried searching and all I found was a site of 60 yo plus mostly Harley riders. (I dont do Facebook..or Twitter or Reddit or any of those)

I texted my buddy and he said he saw it on a Facebook Senior Motorcyclist page. I tried searching and all I found was a site of 60 yo plus mostly Harley riders. (I dont do Facebook..or Twitter or Reddit or any of those)
Search Facebook for the Senior Motorcyclists group. I joined this morning. For riders over the age of 60.

Barrie Honda is in Barrie, Ontario, close to Toronto.

Ok my buddy texted back and that was the one he saw. He knew I was waiting on one and was hoping that meant mine would be here soon. He thought the guy was from the USA.

arrgghh so close lol

Thanks Dave!

It's kinda like waiting for Christmas to open presents when you have already shaken the presents and figured out what's inside.

I'm working on my 20 year old Recon that needs some attention but still runs like new...it's a Honda after all.

It is funny how things work out sometimes.

I'd posted earlier that the 2021 fixes everything I didn't love about my 2018. Lower seat height, little bit lighter, ABS and TC, slipper clutch, etc.
Well while waiting to test the 2021 NC I ran across info and videos on the Triumph Trident 660. The Triumph is actually close to the specs of the NC and might be a better bike for me.

The reviews rave that it is fantastic and may be the best Triumph they offer this year. Three cylinders!
List price of the T is a little less, it has 80HP-49lb/ft, (vs 58HP-51lb/ft), little less weight, seat is only 5mm higher, ABS, TC (with only 2 modes), slipper clutch, LED lights, twin front disks, nicer display. I love the handling of my NC but the T is known for excellent handling too.
The T is a little sportier but zero storage anywhere. The engine is tuned for low-mid torque (like the NC) but has more of a high RPM rush of 80HP. I love the low center of gravity of the NC and the low speed handling and will have to see if the T feels top-heavy.

I've owned over a dozen Hondas in over 50 years and one BSA and one Bultaco (both in the '70s). When I was first riding in the '60s the Triumphs were cool bikes but unreliable, leaky, not powerful and expensive. But the new ones are very good and must be close in quality to the Honda AFAIK.

And the T is a new model, very popular and not in stock anywhere close to me (according to Cycle Trader). I'll have to ride the Triumph before I buy either.

It is funny how things work out sometimes.

I'd posted earlier that the 2021 fixes everything I didn't love about my 2018. Lower seat height, little bit lighter, ABS and TC, slipper clutch, etc.
Well while waiting to test the 2021 NC I ran across info and videos on the Triumph Trident 660. The Triumph is actually close to the specs of the NC and might be a better bike for me.

The reviews rave that it is fantastic and may be the best Triumph they offer this year. Three cylinders!
List price of the T is a little less, it has 80HP-49lb/ft, (vs 58HP-51lb/ft), little less weight, seat is only 5mm higher, ABS, TC (with only 2 modes), slipper clutch, LED lights, twin front disks, nicer display. I love the handling of my NC but the T is known for excellent handling too.
The T is a little sportier but zero storage anywhere. The engine is tuned for low-mid torque (like the NC) but has more of a high RPM rush of 80HP. I love the low center of gravity of the NC and the low speed handling and will have to see if the T feels top-heavy.

I've owned over a dozen Hondas in over 50 years and one BSA and one Bultaco (both in the '70s). When I was first riding in the '60s the Triumphs were cool bikes but unreliable, leaky, not powerful and expensive. But the new ones are very good and must be close in quality to the Honda AFAIK.

And the T is a new model, very popular and not in stock anywhere close to me (according to Cycle Trader). I'll have to ride the Triumph before I buy either.
I recently helped my buddy do valve checks on his Triumph Tiger, which I believe shares the same engine as the Trident. I know it's the same style of valve. I've also helped him previously with his Street Triple.

I will never be buying a Triumph. I used to want one but I have zero interest in shim or reed valves. The local shops want $1200 to do the major service interval. It might even be worth about that much.

They are great bikes on (and off) the road. But a nightmare in the shop.

I recently helped my buddy do valve checks on his Triumph Tiger, which I believe shares the same engine as the Trident. I know it's the same style of valve. I've also helped him previously with his Street Triple.

I will never be buying a Triumph. I used to want one but I have zero interest in shim or reed valves. The local shops want $1200 to do the major service interval. It might even be worth about that much.

They are great bikes on (and off) the road. But a nightmare in the shop.
Oh I don't know. I had a 2014 Triumph Tiger 800 between the manual NCX and the DCT. I never bonded with the Tiger and ended up selling it after a year /13,000 miles but there wasn't anything really wrong with the bike. For me it was too tall and the triple begged to rev to 10,000 rpm all the time. I banged my knee on the pillion seat hand grip one too many times and I was stretching my luck with Johnny Law's ticket book so I traded it for NC700X #2. The Triumph seemed to be put together as well as any Honda I've owned. The same can't be said for earlier Triumphs but John Bloor's Triumphs are pretty reliable. I did the 12,000 mile service on my Tiger which included a valve check and I did have to borrow a set of extra long feeler gauges from a Triumph/Honda tech I know. The Triumph triple's valves are set low in the cylinder head and my feeler gauges of usual length were too short to reach down and under the valve buckets. That was a bit of hassle but if I'd kept the bike I'd get a set of feelers to make the job easier next time. I do my own service so shop rates are cheap.

The Triumph seemed to be put together as well as any Honda I've owned. The same can't be said for earlier Triumphs but John Bloor's Triumphs are pretty reliable. I did the 12,000 mile service on my Tiger which included a valve check and I did have to borrow a set of extra long feeler gauges from a Triumph/Honda tech I know. The Triumph triple's valves are set low in the cylinder head and my feeler gauges of usual length were too short to reach down and under the valve buckets. That was a bit of hassle but if I'd kept the bike I'd get a set of feelers to make the job easier next time. I do my own service so shop rates are cheap.
Pulling the cam holder off is probably the worst of it in my view. Checking the valves is mere annoyance compared to actually adjusting them. They certainly didn't make them easy to check though

Maybe Honda has spoiled me. Screw-and-nut adjustment is delightfully simple. No need to pull off timing chains to get to other parts. No risk of cracking camshafts and replacing the entire head if you don't pull something off correctly

Back