• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC750x purchased yet?

Most welcome Mud!!

I'm taking my Bandit 1250 down tomorrow to ride the St Joe River roadway...mostly hard pavement and just a bit of gravel. It gets a little swishy in loose stuff mostly when I'm in too low a gear. Easy throttle in 3rd is best and it has 90/10 keeps the rear from breaking loose but almost 100 hp breaks loose much easier than my DRZ 400...just don't feel like riding that a couple hundred miles to get 10 miles of gravel. Life is full of compromises.
Spent the day and 320 miles going to the St Joe River drive...Spectacular river full of cutthroat, browns and rainbow trout. Water clear as air and was snow a few days ago....beautiful place. Didn't fish...just scouting for catch and release trip. 2 Japanese gents netted and released 41 fish in 3 hours...and that's their story. Both were too tired from fighting the fish and the river...had to stop. Exactly where they were fishing remains a secret.

You made me laugh! Thanks
I'm from Ohio and had not heard of goatheads either. Some seed pod here in the SW that travels by sticking to moving objects. Tire liners don't help, they are amazingly hard and so tough even a car tire normally won't crush them.
I've had them go up through the soles of my shoes to stick me!

I don't like to deal with slime or heavy tubes so put bicycling on the back burner until I could get a bike rack. Years ago and just never got around to it. Not a priority until now.
I posted that pic to clear things up for those who didn't know.

There's an eBike thread on ADVrider that has a poster who goes by SteveAZ, from Tucson. For what it's worth, he's goes on at great length about how to deal with goatheads in a "deserty" environment. His sol'n is a double dose of Slime and he makes a good case for it, too.

Doesnt the earlier models have slits in those pieces where the straps of the Givi tank bag slide thru? The ones in the screen grabs look solid.
I don't know what else these black thingie bars on the frunk would do other than to continue to serve as lash down points.
What do you say, those among us in the UK or Europe who have access to the 2021?
20210506_203328.jpg

I don't like to deal with slime or heavy tubes so put bicycling on the back burner until I could get a bike rack. Years ago and just never got around to it. Not a priority until now.
Off topic, but I have had a lot of experience with bike racks on my vehicles over the years.
I know you didn't ask, but from experience, if you've got a 2" receiver on your vehicle, the only racks I would recommend, and all use the flat platform with folding arms, are Kuat (which I own), Thule, and 1UP.

Ah BigBird, you have reminded me of one reason why I didn't get into bicycling down here. Bike racks are a PIA. I drive a Honda Accord Coupe and would have to get the (ugly, obtrusive) receiver hitch and then a fairly expensive rack and take it on/off all the time. You can't leave things like that on your car down here, even when on the bike path or in my apartment parking lot.
Don't mean to sound like a whiner but I sure miss the days when I grabbed the bike and walked out the door. Or when I drove a pickup truck.

I'm from NE Ohio only about 20 miles from Bike Nashbar. Met Arni Nashbar and talked with him more than once.
Used to get great deals at their outlet store and built quite a few bikes in the '90s for myself and my son. Then they were bought by Performance and a few years ago they went under and closed their store here.

I don't know what else these black thingie bars on the frunk would do other than to continue to serve as lash down points.
On early models (pre-2016 maybe?) the "rails" were purely cosmetic. The lash points were a new addition to the redesign.
It's possible this feature was removed and the "rails" reverted to appearance purposes only.

On early models (pre-2016 maybe?) the "rails" were purely cosmetic. The lash points were a new addition to the redesign.
It's possible this feature was removed and the "rails" reverted to appearance purposes only.

That's what it looks like to me in the video walk around in post #108 that revmatch posted and in the screen grabs that mudtrack posted in post # 113

I was hoping to use a Givi Tank bag ea116 on my 2021 but it looks to me that is not going to happen

Ah BigBird, you have reminded me of one reason why I didn't get into bicycling down here. Bike racks are a PIA. I drive a Honda Accord Coupe and would have to get the (ugly, obtrusive) receiver hitch and then a fairly expensive rack and take it on/off all the time. You can't leave things like that on your car down here, even when on the bike path or in my apartment parking lot.
Don't mean to sound like a whiner but I sure miss the days when I grabbed the bike and walked out the door. Or when I drove a pickup truck.

I'm from NE Ohio only about 20 miles from Bike Nashbar. Met Arni Nashbar and talked with him more than once.
Used to get great deals at their outlet store and built quite a few bikes in the '90s for myself and my son. Then they were bought by Performance and a few years ago they went under and closed their store here.
I used to be a manager at a Performance Bike store. That company is a pretty good example of how private equity firms are vampires. They barely changed how business was done and refused to invest in the company until it was far too late. My store and all the stores in my district were profitable.

That's what it looks like to me in the video walk around in post #108 that revmatch posted and in the screen grabs that mudtrack posted in post # 113

I was hoping to use a Givi Tank bag ea116 on my 2021 but it looks to me that is not going to happen
No great loss. The frunk more than makes up for any tank bag. Waterproof, locking, three times the volume, and never left behind at a gas pump. I sold a nice Triumph Tiger for another NC because I mourned a frunk for months.

Lost in the dustbin of this forum of how I made a map case for the top of the frunk. That was useful for me but I never missed a tank bag on my NC.

No great loss. The frunk more than makes up for any tank bag. Waterproof, locking, three times the volume, and never left behind at a gas pump. I sold a nice Triumph Tiger for another NC because I mourned a frunk for months.

Lost in the dustbin of this forum of how I made a map case for the top of the frunk. That was useful for me but I never missed a tank bag on my NC.
I have never been without a tank bag since the mid 70's and my Eclispe tank bags. Guess I could get used to NOT having one, but golly what a loss it would be for me. I use map cases a lot lol.

1977 ..... (yea I know ATGATT ha ha)

EjIIHVX.jpg

Hoping to love the frunk in place of the unemployed tank bag...sorta like a divorce though...can't have both??
On earlier models there were gaps under the trim pieces on top of the frunk and Givi actually makes a tankbag that straps on utilizing those gaps. The 2021 seems to be missing those gaps. A buddy of mine actually zip tied a small tank bag on his 2019 trim pieces. let me find a pic ....

bUSRIvN.jpg

Last edited:
I know that there are forum members who have already begun riding the 2021 NC750X in U.K. or Europe.
Snekiepete, can you offer your input as to whether there is any point to lash down items on the black bar on the exterior of the frunk?
I assume you have been riding your new bike by now.

On earlier models there were gaps under the trim pieces on top of the frunk and Givi actually makes a tankbag that straps on utilizing those gaps. The 2021 seems to be missing those gaps. A buddy of mine actually zip tied a small tank bag on his 2019 trim pieces. let me find a pic ....

bUSRIvN.jpg
My favorite tank bags are magnetic so I wonder if a piece steel was attached to the inside of the frunk lid...say with two sided tape would my bag's magnets grab the steel?? Or, some stainless steel loops screwed to the outside could hold straps from a tank bag...hummm...maybe I can have my frunk and tank bag too!!

My favorite tank bags are magnetic so I wonder if a piece steel was attached to the inside of the frunk lid...say with two sided tape would my bag's magnets grab the steel?? Or, some stainless steel loops screwed to the outside could hold straps from a tank bag...hummm...maybe I can have my frunk and tank bag too!!
maybe a couple rare earth magnets glued in the right spots?

The magnetic tank bag dilemma was around in the past, and there are older threads discussing metal or magnet inserts in the frunk lid. I don’t recall if it was ever successful. Example: https://www.nc700-forum.com/threads/dissembling-frunk-cover-to-add-magnets.13534/

Back