• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC750x purchased yet?

If you measure to the point where line of sight through the windshield top edge intersects the roadway it’s probably 30 feet or less. At 30 mph we cover that distance in only 7/10 of a second. At 60 mph that distance is traveled in about 3/10 second. We should be looking much further down the road than what is obscured behind a windshield we are looking over even if feels like it dangerously blocks our view. What’s less than a second away doesn’t matter as we can’t react to it. The feeling of danger is an illusion if we are looking a minimum 2 or 3 seconds ahead.

Yes Sir...I'm looking over a couple inches or so but it's that big chunk below that blocks a lot of space in front of me especially at higher speeds.
I've got the light tint on my Madstad, look over it also a couple inches, and I don't even know it's tinted.
Time for an eye checkup?

I've got the light tint on my Madstad, look over it also a couple inches, and I don't even know it's tinted.
Time for an eye checkup?
20/20 both eyes about 4 months ago. I see just fine but the combo of Ray Bans and the tint and moving into shadows from bright sunlight is the issue. I'm happy it works for you and I guess I'll try non-polarize sun glasses and see if that's an improvement. I still think it could be just old eyes don't function the way they should. Stay safe in CA.

If you measure to the point where line of sight through the windshield top edge intersects the roadway it’s probably 30 feet or less. At 30 mph we cover that distance in only 7/10 of a second. At 60 mph that distance is traveled in about 3/10 second. We should be looking much further down the road than what is obscured behind a windshield we are looking over even if feels like it dangerously blocks our view. What’s less than a second away doesn’t matter as we can’t react to it. The feeling of danger is an illusion if we are looking a minimum 2 or 3 seconds ahead.
You're correct... best case one can not react that quickly. Depends upon the slouch effect too and if you are paying attention. Understand what you are saying Dave but that may work on a straight flat road with no bumps, curves or elevation changes up or down, bugs and dirt on the wind shield and the angle where the sun's ray intersect the shield. I "see" too many variables to get that accurate...think I'm sorry I brought this up... but thanks for your thoughts anyway!!

Hello all.

I picked her up from Berkeley Honda Yamaha on Friday July 2nd, (apparently just in tiime to catch the prices increases that took effect on July 1st) :).Someone had put a deposit down but when the expected delivery date was delayed. He demanded his money back. 3 days later when I made a phone call and got put to the head of the queue!. Heck they didn't even want a deposit.

I am literally a newbie rider despite taking and have my license years ago. So the ride from Berkeley to San Ramon was interesting. So a new rider, city traffic a recipe for disaster? Not quite. The DCT made stalling a non issue and once I got used to the throttle it was smooth. I had a buddy lead me out of Berkeley to San Ramon to avoid highways so I could purely focus on following a car and be safe as opposed to looking a my phone and trying to process directions while not getting into trouble.

Heck I even managed to test out the ABS when I had to grab the front brake HARD because my buddy had to stop short as a pedestrian decided to cross unexpectedly.

I'm 5'10" 220lbs and have no problems flat footing, or left foot down.

The next day I got my first lay down out of the way :). When I combined my riding inexperience, a full stop on a hill and the DCT transmission. I gently controlled as much as I could the slow motion downing of me bike getting the handlebar on my riding boot. In the end, no damages or scratches just my pride.

- My giant 2XL head with my Neotec and a Packtalk Slim would not fit in the frunk with me pushing on it so I didn't.
- The Frunk can store up to 8 Boba Teas
- I need the front of the seat to raise up a little as the factory seat is determined for my parental units not to have grand children when I brake.
- I got an email into Givi USA asking about their engine guard fitment with the 2021 NC

Pics of the bike at the showroom, me on a GROM in my riding flipflops while waiting on the paperwork, and the bike after the drop. My buddy's Husky Snartpilen 401 was also bought from the same dealer.

NC750X.jpg
GROM1.jpg
401 NC750X.jpg

Cheers,
/et

Last edited:
Hello all.

I picked her up from Berkeley Honda Yamaha on Friday July 2nd, (apparently just in tiime to catch the prices increases that took effect on July 1st) :).Someone had put a deposit down but when the expected delivery date was delayed. He demanded his money back. 3 days later when I made a phone call and got put to the head of the queue!. Heck they didn't even want a deposit.

I am literally a newbie rider despite taking and have my license years ago. So the ride from Berkeley to San Ramon was interesting. So a new rider, city traffic a recipe for disaster? Not quite. The DCT made stalling a non issue and once I got used to the throttle it was smooth. I had a buddy lead me out of Berkeley to San Ramon to avoid highways so I could purely focus on following a car and be safe as opposed to looking a my phone and trying to process directions while not getting into trouble.

Heck I even managed to test out the ABS when I had to grab the front brake HARD because my buddy had to stop short as a pedestrian decided to cross unexpectedly.

I'm 5'10" 220lbs and have no problems flat footing, or left foot down.

The next day I got my first lay down out of the way :). When I combined my riding inexperience, a full stop on a hill and the DCT transmission. I gently controlled as much as I could the slow motion downing of me bike getting the handlebar on my riding boot. In the end, no damages or scratches just my pride.

- My giant 2XL head with my Neotec and a Packtalk Slim would not fit in the frunk with me pushing on it so I didn't.
- The Frunk can store up to 8 Boba Teas
- I need the front of the seat to raise up a little as the factory seat is determined for my parental units not to have grand children when I brake.
- I got an email into Givi USA asking about their engine guard fitment with the 2021 NC

Pics of the bike at the showroom, me on a GROM in my riding flipflops while waiting on the paperwork, and the bike after the drop. My buddy's Husky Snartpilen 401 was also bought from the same dealer.

View attachment 45618
View attachment 45619
View attachment 45620

Cheers,
/et
Congrats and keep up that safe riding!!

One more quick update, I replaced the stock windshield with the Honda OEM tall screen. It has reduced buffeting, not a perfect solution but it looks like an improvement from stock. The wind now hits my helmet roughly on the top whereas before it was the bottom of the helmet. Rode 140 miles in the mountains yesterday bike handles well, even with more aggressive riding the mpg stayed around 59.

You ‘21 owners need to contact Madstad about working on the screen for this bike. I’m sure someone has contacted them already but the more demand the quicker they will provide a solution.

20210705_154943.png

My V-Strom has this visor / wind deflector made by Puig, I think.
I am 5' 11", and I look well over the top, always.
I get NO buffeting, my full body and helmet to the top are in a pocket of still air. When it rains I like to stand on my pegs so high speed air blows water drops from my helmet visor.
Get one of these.

Last edited:
I talked to them before I bought mine for a 2020 and it did require some mods. They were happy to create one to fit the 21 once they got their hands on a new model. I'm a fair amount too far away so they need someone closer that could "drop by" and let them take measurements. My changes were mostly some bending and drilling new holes in the mount and the shield it's self...worked out well and I'm happy. Full disclosure...I have done a fair amount of work on Lexan and generics for airplane and other stuff...it's generally pretty forgiving material.

Another delay.
My wife's 2021 ships Aug 3 with possible arrival Aug 5.
Damn...sorry to hear that...tell her to fling some more arrows while she's waiting. I ordered a boat in Feb 21 and it was supposed to be here in May 21.. I called yesterday and it could be tomorrow or September...they have no clue until the delivery driver calls leaving the factory. I was the 7th call of the day wanting to know when their boat will be here.

View attachment 45626

My V-Strom has this visor / wind deflector made by Puig, I think.
I am 5' 11", and I look well over the top, always.
I get NO buffeting, my full body and helmet to the top are in a pocket of still air. When it rains I like to stand on my pegs so high speed air blows water drops from my helmet visor.
Get one of these.
That profile looks like an angry bird.

Sorry to hear about your conitnued delay. Unfortunately it is par for the course. We had some containers from China loaded May 11. Normal ETA would put them at the June 24. Purchsing factored in a couple of extra week of fudge time for July 5. New ETA is Aug 16

Looking forward to you happy ending whenever that may be :)

Damn...sorry to hear that...tell her to fling some more arrows while she's waiting. I ordered a boat in Feb 21 and it was supposed to be here in May 21.. I called yesterday and it could be tomorrow or September...they have no clue until the delivery driver calls leaving the factory. I was the 7th call of the day wanting to know when their boat will be here.
She is both flinging arrows at her target, and is also sketching designs for our dream house at our beach property that we own on the Washington Coast.
Of course the beach house will have a motorcycle garage at ground level and living space above looking toward the surf in the West.
Seriously. This has been a dream of ours for 15 years since buying our "muddy road" to our beach paradise.
She also has her archery set-up at the beach. I also keep my 4 surfboards in a shipping container there. She boogie boards and I (try to) surf.
Cancer has put things into perspective.
My wife will wait an extra 2 or 3 weeks for her motorcycle as we plan our downsize from our 3-story 5 bedroom, 4 bathroom house in the Seattle area.
Our plan is to live mortgage free on our retirement income at our beach place in a nice newly constructed 800 square foot house perched on top of a 2-motorcycle and 1 car garage.
When she gets her bike, we will definitely tour the Washington and Oregon coast on our bikes before the rainy season.

Last edited:
Back