• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC750x purchased yet?

Hey, lowrider. You may have already mentioned, but what crash bars did you mount? Any fit issues?
I have the SW-Motech crash bars ready to mount on my wife's NC750X as soon as we have the bike. Highway pegs of course!
She almost never drops a bike, but on our "muddy road" at our beach place, bike drops are common.
T-Rex mainly because they were the only one who would insist it would fit the 2021 and it did without any problems. I used their top box mount too since the Givi tubular wouldn't work with the Tusk boxes. Motech said it would take a lot of fab to make it work and Rocky Mtn didn't have a clue. I'm going to fab whatever it takes to use both Tusk, Givi Monokey and Nelson Rigg Pilot soft bags. That's the most flexibility I can need...I think.

Looks like I'll return the Motech bars.
Let me clarify...that was to attach the Tusk boxes not the frame it's self, I think others have used that frame to attach other boxes...maybe Givi. I just today sent a frame back to twisted throttle because it did not work with the Givi monokey boxes. I have them on my Bandit and want to be able to move them between bikes.

Didn't mean to confuse there.

OK, probably what my wife needs will work on the 2021.
When we tour together my V-Strom carries the bulk of the load with panniers and top box. She just uses a mid size Givi top box.
Let me clarify...that was to attach the Tusk boxes not the frame it's self, I think others have used that frame to attach other boxes...maybe Givi. I just today sent a frame back to twisted throttle because it did not work with the Givi monokey boxes. I have them on my Bandit and want to be able to move them between bikes.

Didn't mean to confuse there.

July 22nd date for me .... maybe
Side stand question above.
Owned a CTX for 7 yrs. Sidestand is strange you put it down and then it slides out about 1/2 inch.
Yep, put it on the center stand and that's the way it worked. Don't care for it ... but ...

OK, probably what my wife needs will work on the 2021.
When we tour together my V-Strom carries the bulk of the load with panniers and top box. She just uses a mid size Givi top box.
I installed the Apollo grips but not wired and put the hand guards on. Going to order a top style throttle lock and get on with the Tusk side box frame, I ordered the KTM big bike frame which is very strong and it looks like it will adapt well to the attachments at the T Rex top box frame and I'll make a lower attachment point on the frame from CM 2" tube and weld on 2 bolt points on each side of the tube to surround the frame and use the Honda grips I just removed to protect the frame finish. From there to the Tusk frame I'll weld in 3/4" CM whatever length works to get the correct angles on the frame to keep the boxes plumb and square with the bike. With no AC in the shop I ain't gunna work on that until this silly heat moves out of the area. 107F at the house today and still 91F. Inside shop temp was 92F at 1800 tonight.

Attachments

• Bracket 1.jpg
    Bracket 1.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Bracket 2.jpg
    Bracket 2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 3
I installed the Apollo grips but not wired and put the hand guards on. Going to order a top style throttle lock and get on with the Tusk side box frame, I ordered the KTM big bike frame which is very strong and it looks like it will adapt well to the attachments at the T Rex top box frame and I'll make a lower attachment point on the frame from CM 2" tube and weld on 2 bolt points on each side of the tube to surround the frame and use the Honda grips I just removed to protect the frame finish. From there to the Tusk frame I'll weld in 3/4" CM whatever length works to get the correct angles on the frame to keep the boxes plumb and square with the bike. With no AC in the shop I ain't gunna work on that until this silly heat moves out of the area. 107F at the house today and still 91F. Inside shop temp was 92F at 1800 tonight.
The previous photos are the completed highly modified Tusk side box frames. I took 2 hour to get the first one fitted and less than 30 minutes to do the second frame. If you're probably not familiar with the frames they will just look like black metal. They need to have the boxes fitted and I need to get the Givi Monokey frame to fit those type side boxes. I bought the Nelson Rigg soft bags and they should just strap onto the Tusk frame.

I made the frames so they will taper in at the back and they may help with wind resistance like the trailing edge of aircraft wings and control surfaces. the Tusk boxes are just square chunks of metal. I will mount them fairly high on the frame and can move or realign them after I've used them some. Givi boxes are rounded and should not present a lot of drag on the bike. I frame originally had a capability of mounting a rotopak container on the left inside but I chose to put them as tight to the bike frame as possible. I can strap on gas as needed.

I used Tusk frames made for KTM 1190's and they took some thinking to get them right but were probably a good choice.

NO...I'm not going to do another for any price...there is fishing that needs to be done now that the heat is sorta returning to sorta normal.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th of July!!

July 22nd date for me .... maybe
Side stand question above.
Owned a CTX for 7 yrs. Sidestand is strange you put it down and then it slides out about 1/2 inch.
Yep, put it on the center stand and that's the way it worked. Don't care for it ... but ...
Latest news for me is a July 28 shipping date, with delivery in late July/early August.

The 2021 NC750X DCT I had a deposit on for a couple of months has finally arrived and I picked it up yesterday. My impressions from the 1st 100 miles below. Sharing some framework parameters for additional context below. I normally mostly ride naked bikes.

Rider height (5’11), Inseam (34”), weight (150 lbs), experience (Medium, about 40k lifetime MC miles).

It only took me a few minutes grabbing for the non existing clutch to get used to the DCT (never ridden an automatic MC before). I am leaving it in standard mode for the break in. Shifting is unintrusive and one forgets about it after a while. Generally I agree with the gearing choices while under acceleration, when slowing down or coasting it tends to shift up or stay in higher gears than I might e.g. I ended up in 5th gear in the low 30 mph range (not a big deal, it adjusts when accelerating again). There is enough punch for passing cars even on the freeway with relative ease. Not much vibration felt overall, runs very smoothly on the freeway at 4k rpm with 75 mph indicated. I have ridden much bigger bikes but I would say there is sufficient power for 90+% of the riding I do. Gas mileage has been excellent, roughly 70mpg.

The seating position is relaxed and there is not much forward lean, kinda feels like a scooter. I can easily flat foot with additional knee bend but when riding it is not cramped. It has been a while since I have ridden a Honda but the seat is just ok, maybe it needs more break in time or my butt is picky. I am not a fan off windshields in general due to the buffeting they always seem to cause, this one is no different. It’s alright but the wind seems to hit me right at the bottom of the full face helmet. I will be looking for a shorter sports screen, Puig used to have one for the predecessor model hopefully they make one for the ’21 as well. If anyone has any suggestions for a shorter screen that would be great. I am in NorCal so the roads are pretty bad with tons of potholes. I had read a lot about the reduced suspension travel but I feel the suspension feels pretty solid with the stock settings. The bike is surprisingly flickable and has a low center of gravity, except for hard core canyon carving it should be possible to keep up with other riders easily. Not a fan of the skinny foot pegs\grips. There also is some play in the throttle what I will get looked at during the 600 mile service. Since I saw some people asking; a full face Shoei helmet in size large fits into the frunk.

I primarily purchased this for commuting (70 mile roundtrip), based on initial impressions it’s perfect for that purpose.

Progress interrupted by a 3 July runway party but completed before dinner. Boxes are level when the bike is upright. Total project is about 5 hours and represents largest storage capability. The next smaller will be the Givi Monokey boxes when I can find the correct Givi mounting brackets which will attach on the standard Tusk brackets in the same manner as the Tusk boxes. The smallest storage capability and lightest will be the Nelson Rigg water proof bags that will strap to the Tusk rack with their included mounting straps or can fit inside the Tusk boxes. Of course I can remove all the stuff including the Givi top box and go riding bagless. Total weight of the top box frame and Tusk frame is approximately 11 pounds. Total weight carry capability is about 74 lbs or less than 1/2 a normal FAA 170 lb passenger. If someone wants to tag along they will need their own bike...NO riders.

One other thing...#1 son put in a pair of 0.016 aluminum shims under the side stand bolt and I can notice some improvement in the "play" in the kick stand. There apparently is some interaction with the kick stand switch which prevent the bike from being driven with the stand down. This did not "fix" the problem but it is an improvement.

A safe and happy 4th to all!!!

Attachments

• box 1.jpg
    box 1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 34
  • box 2.jpg
    box 2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 35
The 2021 NC750X DCT I had a deposit on for a couple of months has finally arrived and I picked it up yesterday. My impressions from the 1st 100 miles below. Sharing some framework parameters for additional context below. I normally mostly ride naked bikes.

Rider height (5’11), Inseam (34”), weight (150 lbs), experience (Medium, about 40k lifetime MC miles).

It only took me a few minutes grabbing for the non existing clutch to get used to the DCT (never ridden an automatic MC before). I am leaving it in standard mode for the break in. Shifting is unintrusive and one forgets about it after a while. Generally I agree with the gearing choices while under acceleration, when slowing down or coasting it tends to shift up or stay in higher gears than I might e.g. I ended up in 5th gear in the low 30 mph range (not a big deal, it adjusts when accelerating again). There is enough punch for passing cars even on the freeway with relative ease. Not much vibration felt overall, runs very smoothly on the freeway at 4k rpm with 75 mph indicated. I have ridden much bigger bikes but I would say there is sufficient power for 90+% of the riding I do. Gas mileage has been excellent, roughly 70mpg.

The seating position is relaxed and there is not much forward lean, kinda feels like a scooter. I can easily flat foot with additional knee bend but when riding it is not cramped. It has been a while since I have ridden a Honda but the seat is just ok, maybe it needs more break in time or my butt is picky. I am not a fan off windshields in general due to the buffeting they always seem to cause, this one is no different. It’s alright but the wind seems to hit me right at the bottom of the full face helmet. I will be looking for a shorter sports screen, Puig used to have one for the predecessor model hopefully they make one for the ’21 as well. If anyone has any suggestions for a shorter screen that would be great. I am in NorCal so the roads are pretty bad with tons of potholes. I had read a lot about the reduced suspension travel but I feel the suspension feels pretty solid with the stock settings. The bike is surprisingly flickable and has a low center of gravity, except for hard core canyon carving it should be possible to keep up with other riders easily. Not a fan of the skinny foot pegs\grips. There also is some play in the throttle what I will get looked at during the 600 mile service. Since I saw some people asking; a full face Shoei helmet in size large fits into the frunk.

I primarily purchased this for commuting (70 mile roundtrip), based on initial impressions it’s perfect for that purpose.

Where do you commute from? I live in San Jose area and usually go north on the 280 or 101. I have a '14 NC700x

Where do you commute from? I live in San Jose area and usually go north on the 280 or 101. I have a '14 NC700x
Nice area and lots of great eating spots. I used to commute to Palo Alto a lot in the early to mid 80's then again in the mid 90's. Bet it's changed a bunch.

Nice area and lots of great eating spots. I used to commute to Palo Alto a lot in the early to mid 80's then again in the mid 90's. Bet it's changed a bunch.
Indeed it has. You probably wouldn't recognize 90% of it now. :D
Traffic pre-COVID was probably one of the worst things during rush hour.

Indeed it has. You probably wouldn't recognize 90% of it now. :D
Traffic pre-COVID was probably one of the worst things during rush hour.
I was in LA and San Diego about 9 years ago and it's awful too.

Ride safe and enjoy the 2021...I LOVE MINE!!

I did an 80 mile ride this morning and the mounts are as solid as I hoped. From the on dash MPG gauge I went from 67.1 to 65.7 MPG if I can believe the readings. Not as bad as I expected but average speed was only about 58 MPH so on the open road it will likely drop some more.

Madstad shield continues to work great. Might wish I had gotten the clear and not the light tinted. Going form bright sun to shadows takes a few seconds for my eyes to adjust with sun glasses on...maybe just OLD eyes.

I installed the heated grips and they are more comfortable than the skinny Honda stock grips. Still haven't tackled the wire and where to put things issue. Guess that's next.

Happy and safe 4th to all!! We put on ribs and pork roast in the pellet grill...nothing fattening of course.

Might wish I had gotten the clear and not the light tinted. Going form bright sun to shadows takes a few seconds for my eyes to adjust with sun glasses on...maybe just OLD eyes.
Madstads are meant to be looked over, not through.
But if looking through is your preference, then you can order just the clear outside piece, instead of the whole kit.

Madstads are meant to be looked over, not through.
But if looking through is your preference, then you can order just the clear outside piece, instead of the whole kit.
Yes Sir...I'm looking over a couple inches or so but it's that big chunk below that blocks a lot of space in front of me especially at higher speeds.

Back