• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Test ran through the canyon today to try out gear and tires before track day next weekend. First track day in nearly 10 years, I am beyond stoked!

Couldn't really get fast enough through that turn to corner very low, and there was a fair anount of gravel in it. Didn't have time to set up and film any in another turn.

Anyways, pleased with all the track gear, and the Dunlop Q3+ tires are phenomenal, like riding on rails. Hold predictable lines too unlike the softer carcass Michelin PR5's.

dca57479472477d61fbba30c7b607f44.jpg

779873d6f1ac3a5daf997bf0794c6885.jpg

bf9d7bc870ed189f6321d1c3dd5f05bb.jpg

d79d0aff26aea1142a57995977d73210.jpg

93c8f5e27772bea88626da121476d72b.jpg

4bf8c4c6356c116340c9899d7a842032.jpg

Need some sauce for them chicken strips! They'll likely be gone next weekend Lol.

23fe7402f3239367eaf8ffcb6a0d69e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

In the last week I've had a few adventures.
I ran over some plastic on the way back to work from lunch. After an hour in the sun couldn't cut and pull enough out to roll. Had to call in a tow.
That weekend yanked off my SWMotec ALU Rack and installed the GIVI 1111KIT Fitting KIT and GIVI PL1111 kit so I could mount up some E22 Monokey Side Cases.
When I went to get a haircut someone else on an nc700x was there getting a haircut too. Said hi, but didn't exchange info. So hello if you're on the forums.
Finally yesterday managed to puncture a tire and the shop didn't have any rear tires in stock, so now I'm waiting on some tires to be shipped in.

Brother, ridin’ like that you don’t need no stinkin’ mirrors :cool:
It is funny that it worked out like that. It came loose about 5 min from my house on the way back. This week starts track prep, so the mirrors were coming off anyways. Gotta remove rear mud flap/lights, tape up a couple things and be ready to roll. Debating on removing the grab handles and rear rack for oem luggage, and putting the oem standard grab handles back on in case I crash, less good parts to scratch up. But swapping those grab handles out was an annoying task, so I will probably leave them on.

Wasp arse and mirrors removed. Looks cool without the rear fender.

fda5942602d777c08fa3cfe7cd0a2b74.jpg

And she's taped up, ready to go. Raised the highway peg about 1.5" or so, makes my leg feel awfully high, and looks even dumber than before I'm sure, but hopefully it will allow for enough cornering clearance. Still unsure of how it's really gonna play out. Gonna be interesting. Lol

5176b16595ada00dd3449a6eb8d75d3e.jpg

Last edited:
Today was a kick-in-the-pants. I went for an early morning ride, had breakfast at Denny's and returned home to find one of my sons(14yo) had a GoPro set up and wanted to make some vids. So we mounted it to my modular helmet, downloaded the app onto my iPhone6 and i took off for a short ride on a river road with lots of twisties!

When i returned he had an idea for a different stretch of road for a second vid. So he downloaded that ride and i took off for the second ride today. He then spent most of the afternoon editing those vids. We/he should have them ready in a couple of days, cropped and music added! Atta-boy son!

I will post them here in the picture/video section first for comments and suggestions before he posts them to youtube for everyone to see haha. :{)

I haven’t ridden my NC very many times this year... not complaining, it’s just how the schedule has been this summer.
On Saturday, I did a first for me by riding the ebike I bought last year in an organized 60 mile ride. Great route on nearby country roads. No traffic, few center lines, varying terrain, and I was keeping up with a bunch of genuine bicycle riders. (My battery empowered me to keep an average of 17 mph throughout.) All along the ride I kept thinking it was a great route that my wife could enjoy riding with her scooter, a 50cc Buddy... quite cute.) (And, by the way... when she bought her scooter in 2012 she encouraged me to also get one... what a great opening for me to buy three 2013 Honda motorcycles... a CRF 250l and two NC’s, a manual and then a dual clutch... worked out great... and my son uses the manual.)
All this to say that my wife rode over 70 miles with me today in bright sunshine and including the full 60 mile bike route. The ride organizers painted little arrows onto the pavement allowing her to lead the way and I “protectively” followed on my NC.
Great ride... at about 28-30 mph... two and a half hours or so.

So as promised, here is the very first of a long line of riding videos i hope to post as my son is really enjoying editing/making them of my rides. Feel free to give him a thumbs-up and even subscribe if you wish! Keep in mind, he is 14yo and this is our first video! ENJOY! :{P

YouTube

Did some more riding in southern Indiana...even found a road I had never been on...it turned to gravel before I knew it and said what the heck...i'll ride it and see where it goes:
[video=youtube;bIRfQmGqEUo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIRfQmGqEUo[/video]

Went to look at the covered bridge in Medora Indiana...stopped at a local grocery store in Medora and was informed the road (hwy 235) on the other side of the bridge had been closed for about 8 months:
[video=youtube;48y7roGv2SY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48y7roGv2SY&t=6s[/video]

Riding thru the little town of Medora:
YouTube

Nice white river road west of Medora:
[video=youtube;eks15CbZdE4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eks15CbZdE4[/video]

Almost home...part of my block-live out in the country and my block is 6 miles:
[video=youtube;mHwgRk8nX0k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHwgRk8nX0k[/video]

Added wider bars with a 3 inch rise, replaced the GSXR shock with an Aprilla one.
057e1b47eb170005cab09328025b33eb.jpg
ed17be39769b8c8b5d21274e9093b928.jpg
447b6f2388eab113750f6a2dbb259689.jpg
2ff3ffb0561009f4277c015f37fcc6b8.jpg
8c977891d6e8574b6ccc87f6cc11bb8a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Looking good Rice, How'd the shock swap go? I am buying an Aprilla rear shock from another member here who never used it. I'll have to get a hold of them for sure as he believes it was set for 180-190lb rider and i tip the scales at 230lb. I haven't watched and vids yet on the rear shock installation but figured it was not that difficult. :{)

Looking good Rice, How'd the shock swap go? I am buying an Aprilla rear shock from another member here who never used it. I'll have to get a hold of them for sure as he believes it was set for 180-190lb rider and i tip the scales at 230lb. I haven't watched and vids yet on the rear shock installation but figured it was not that difficult. :{)
Shock install was pretty simple.
Remove tire, move rear brake master cylinder and under tail cover out of the way, remove shock bolts and lower linkage bolt.
dcfb4492e5783fe1917465344c7f5e42.jpg
6a3686963a5879b161b71cc355907282.jpg
9712e7c4d35dc8ff7a6cd2ec7555b035.jpg

I was recommended to try the RSV4 shock. Might try it out since thier cheap used on fleabay

It is funny that it worked out like that. It came loose about 5 min from my house on the way back. This week starts track prep, so the mirrors were coming off anyways. Gotta remove rear mud flap/lights, tape up a couple things and be ready to roll. Debating on removing the grab handles and rear rack for oem luggage, and putting the oem standard grab handles back on in case I crash, less good parts to scratch up. But swapping those grab handles out was an annoying task, so I will probably leave them on.

So THIS is why ya take ‘em off for track days! E2883E41-9D88-4BD5-86C5-BC625381E31C.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back