• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they would have put the sump plug on the bottom instead of on the side. Every time I pull it off I have to guess how far the oil will spurt out. I miss the pan almost every time

I lift the pan up under the sump and pull the plug. Then when the oil squirts out I catch the stream and lower the pan to the ground without missing a drop.

I use a cheap $1.99 plastic pan. Easy to lift.

JT

I loosened the chain because the dealer had it scary tight like maybe 4mm and the wheel took two hands to spin. Next the coolant level was in the reserve tube and not even in the reserve tank (after running as manual suggested).

This is still at only 100 miles on this thing so I may have another dealer do the 600 mile service

Started her up (six year old battery is still kicking) and got the tires back to the correct PSI. Would have gone for a ride but this wind is crazy.

Took the bike out for a spin yesterday (tried Saturday but the monsoon kept me in Saturday afternoon-worked Saturday morning) but after 20 miles called it quits-the 40-50mph wind gusts were just too tiresome...but felt nice for not riding the bikes at all in a month...

not today but the last time I rode, I took my girlfriend to work. On the way home I got snowed on for the second time in my life. Later, my girlfriend also enjoyed complaining about the cold when she too was snowed on.

I almost used the worthless 'squeegee' on my glove to wipe the snow off my visor... but I don't want to scratch plastic that costs $130 with plastic that cost the manufacturer ¢5

Today it's in the mid 40s. I will be a wildman and go for a leisure ride in honor of all the poor garaged bikes out there. I figure if I ride in the cold now, I'll store this memory for the baking heat of the summer and cool down.

Cleaned and lubed the chain. Then checked the slack and tightened it up. Then realised I'd made it way too tight, so slackened it a bit.

Also fitted the SWMotech guard I bought back in July. Feeling good. Now hoping nothing falls off. :)

760a79eab832c55ff7a787df76a5c3d8.jpg
b37334b71a08432f1945dd3e7f700361.jpg

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

...insert the dipstick (without screwing it in).
Remove it and check the level.

Yes, thanks JT. I had a couple manuals handy and used that method. I am a relative novice so I appreciate you looking out...too bad the dealer didn't.
Oh, and I was draining slowly and I still ended up with an oil puddle!

Definition of a good day: when you turn a half hour commute to work into an hour and a half through the forest.
b00088dcf006b706396b2bd93e88657c.jpg
04d2297281c1988a2d1de62d77986845.jpg

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Freezing rain tomorrow, so I took a short ride on some back roads today. About fifty miles.

I rode to work and back today, like I do everyday. Today my bike, that I've had right at 6 years rolled over........60,000 miles. I stopped at the dealer for oil and a filter. Maintenance time again.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

not today but the last time I rode, I took my girlfriend to work. On the way home I got snowed on for the second time in my life. Later, my girlfriend also enjoyed complaining about the cold when she too was snowed on.

I almost used the worthless 'squeegee' on my glove to wipe the snow off my visor... but I don't want to scratch plastic that costs $130 with plastic that cost the manufacturer ¢5

Today it's in the mid 40s. I will be a wildman and go for a leisure ride in honor of all the poor garaged bikes out there. I figure if I ride in the cold now, I'll store this memory for the baking heat of the summer and cool down.

NvMxspnhCNjqPenZSisAaXMG_JaTBeOqlmNjfsWI1xgvxxCISMB2_BTLo1YKNppMfCu8A26FQf98-nCZAI6J8lxuyW5GzXCG6FWaG3pF8QNG4_cjojv1khgQWrUJ3WzEF1pGqcllKZ96oWGoKHBstpfqp36cDqztLlw-SpNsqwcd4O_3jHbBbrzTjOdn9GNLe1GUtfjKMkM0DeobaQ4jM0mILj6hCAGHs9nAyZ1yBD9Oqgorqp7R5k9NlPiVLEodIDXFjR0WUjxbHD8ltuCgwrZQf1xbn4P5gDpAK3NmxTz3eX6y3qE7UNJGLZlbyK38VpECZSzBJP59AcLj5ZtvSL0Tok20eeTykbP9AjmZjkvUullwzThEKY6U5an09bMVY0zPkeDy-6nNMtUs9RUxwHEIghoYtoJ5BRrbyyytfbjp2dF_FVUG_b7033hQpaVV0EnUKnoC-0kWImxbztlxBa7IK8G5xvxPzp1TkizXQG7FDFMfuxaPGOtIAuwJI4_e9r-nuHvkJ-0uExaZ-mcwXABrA8hKVnWf6-9R6pQx2eOUm5jlA3fm0z9Rx7WUfIWnLC6tKgunTv7ifnWVKVURuXiWFB_3F9tVunbTh9mqpXytCcTJdGrEKgUx_NXoZukexRRHO3UINR_geIMCqjwhApiAPGBU-eid=w1387-h929-no

eJbDyWlbrfRPFJ9rd7b41V8QWr8ZwLkoEOxKEp74r9e5keWF6mx4D2Z3fO7zg3z_4IY30O1WrYu6i3PB8xOxY_nS3cWb3BWxm3GM_TXwjnpj7kD4OcHPBMcOr2rlRiB4l2QSqvVTT99irTaIRChFufT-cWHjYHFtWgA06_9v5AHETxwaruwImhfjWxDywdDjIbugDhxAnpZ2xaDjv8moKjBQc3wZ-MT4szZiLjPdyodGasIN9Zq8m-IRO9LTecn2wPmzAR5DhtgzbhKcJfx0Gt35SFYM_2fPnskMsFvGd0raRVo9dSDgzwCOInWVOVGOZ81w-GowO7VEByJX_toyqYUW7gR3DwEFtai5iRbzImgEkW4QQuYYiLgIHvpxTYn4lhtE23QFiE3-pJtjU1jNRb5Gm-qKfnloFq9cittxkXJ_JuklnIR1gegTraBQW-SL1v4jG9mMkGucGfZtyIkJZI40LJXlD4i8U_okDwfdUfNYMCp213FQrAZMFrW_TkSkJ2xYgmc1kzrFVOYoquIKSyw8hBsI0jDY7-aIbr5q2VHDhHMGs-zIGAF9kkZo9gVVyRIDY58sT6csP3rzegVwFD7egqiINILn1ghlauO_VtzesBFzDOpKCi_tQUSpbf2kMKhi-OTgkTAf5GKnl5nOqfhNQIgR7ynq=w1117-h929-no

Today I pulled into the garage with 31,982 miles on the clock. Time to crack open the block and check the tappers :/

Still too cold here to ride (for me anyway).

Instead, I made beef jerky. Jalepeño Black Pepper and Sweet BBQ. Turned out pretty darn good.

JT

Rode around a little yesterday, but it was not great - nearly run over 8 times in the 10 miles I went out to run a few errands. Decided to just head home, rather than chance fate. Wasn't warm, glad I had the heated gear on.

Rode around a little yesterday, but it was not great - nearly run over 8 times in the 10 miles I went out to run a few errands. Decided to just head home, rather than chance fate. Wasn't warm, glad I had the heated gear on.

I think Saturday in the Louisville area was for all the crazies; I had to work, drove the car, and had 2 cars make a left turn in front of me while I was at speed. Slammed on the brakes both times to keep from head-on collision.

I think Saturday in the Louisville area was for all the crazies; I had to work, drove the car, and had 2 cars make a left turn in front of me while I was at speed. Slammed on the brakes both times to keep from head-on collision.

That's why I avoid towns. I live near the edge and can be in the country after two traffic lights.

I took the bike down to the dealership today for the last service before the warranty expires. I needed tires also and figured I would have the dealer check the valves early. Parts and labor is going to run close to $1000 for quite a bit of what I could do myself, but don't really have the time this month. Next 25k and 36k I probably will. This is supposed to be a cheap form of transportation (at least that's what I told my wife). I probably could stay on a cheaper budget but there is a gap between my wants and my needs.

Plus I decided to get a better helmet today and dropped another $300 on that.

20190304_142453[1].jpg

I did also sit on the Africa Twin while I was there and decided that it's too tall for me. Maybe if I was 6' 6" like my brother in law but at 5' 11" I can't touch the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back