• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered a new front tire - Michelin Pilot Road 5. Get it installed tomorrow. Since the PR4's have been discontinued for the NC rear size, I figured I would go ahead and get the PR5 for the front. Rear will probably be replaced end of summer. Was out for a bit today to get some more miles in, however the roads were still wet enough I didn't really feel comfortable on the nearly bald front. I am going in tomorrow when they open to have it put on, and then plan on breaking it in tomorrow afternoon. I have put it off way too long.

Last edited:
Ordered tires, made appointment to get headlight replaced after run in with a Turkey vulture at 65 mph.

I added a voltmeter and SW Motech pegs during the christmas break. I don't think theres any other farkle that I can add. Somebody invent something.

Yesterday's dawn I rode down to the 2019 Polar Bear ADV Rally to help shepherd a street-only ride that was an alternative to the several off-road rides planned. However we had no takers for this ride so my friend and ride leader Ashley and I did our own thing.

Yesterday's dawn I rode down to the 2019 Polar Bear ADV Rally to help shepherd a street-only ride that was an alternative to the several off-road rides planned. However we had no takers for this ride so my friend and ride leader Ashley and I did our own thing.

Polar Bear ride in Florida? Sounds like an event for Alaska or North Dakota, not warm Florida!

JT

Tire changed, frustration with the brake alignment during remounting over the top, highway pegs mounted, adjusted and now time to test. And some slow riding on breaking in the front tire.

Polar Bear ride in Florida? Sounds like an event for Alaska or North Dakota, not warm Florida!

JT

Winter rallies in Florida do attract riders from northern climes that want to get away and this one was no different. It was 48 degrees when I left the house. Not cold really.

Sprayed my skid plate with truck bed coating, assuming it won't hold up, but it looks better black.

This is on my list as my next purchase, along with some crash bars. Just went out and broke in (somewhat, only about 75 miles) my new PR5 front and tested the comfort of the highway pegs. Love those, will take a little more getting used to but I will have plenty of time for that. When folded up, and I look down, I cannot even see them, which is nice. I was worried they would be obtrusive, but not at all. When folded out, a quick glance is all it takes to let me know where to put my feet. Muscle memory for them will come with time.

Well, if you have that big fat tire on the NC then you must be going to some interesting places!! Ha Ha!

Nice paint job. Bedliner should be quite durable.
What kind of mini bike is that?

JT
1985 Honda ATC250ES Big Red. Motor is currently in pieces because the guy i got it from managed to break the crank, not even sure how that is possible.

crap!

The dealer says my 2014 ALREADY received the new dash and switch selenoid jive before going to showroom. Now i got to take it in and leave it for some time to diagnose the 'DS' problem. Actually i could live with the D vs S except you don't know if you are ever in Manual mode or not - yikes

I'm putting on my DanMoto exhaust tonight regardless :)

crap!

The dealer says my 2014 ALREADY received the new dash and switch selenoid jive before going to showroom. Now i got to take it in and leave it for some time to diagnose the 'DS' problem. Actually i could live with the D vs S except you don't know if you are ever in Manual mode or not - yikes

I'm putting on my DanMoto exhaust tonight regardless :)

When is comes to the DCT, the smart money's always on the battery.
Shifting Problem?=Battery
Gear Indicator?=Battery
Bald Tires? Probably not but wouldn't hurt to change the battery just in case

Good call. The dealer promised it was a new battery but I am going to check the date code on the Yuasa. Its been on a tender too :-/

60 and sunny, took a short ride around a few twisties and set out to update the tag.
I had to wash the bike afterwards, as I live on a dirt road and it has been raining. They put some sticky clay on it that is hard to get off.

I got my January ride in, I have a goal of riding at least once every calendar month every year. This can be pretty hard to do it Jan, Feb, and March in Michigan. I am at 22 straight months, 21 bring on the NC. It was 35 degrees when I left for dinner, and 32 when i got home :eek:.

I got my January ride in, I have a goal of riding at least once every calendar month every year. This can be pretty hard to do it Jan, Feb, and March in Michigan. I am at 22 straight months, 21 bring on the NC. It was 35 degrees when I left for dinner, and 32 when i got home :eek:.

Be safe. I heard on the TV last night that northern Michigan was going to get 12" of snow today...(they reported northern, not upper).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back