• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have highway 21 heated gloves. They work, but if your hands are in the wind nothing will keep them warm.
If you don’t have big handguards the muffs are essential.

Tested the freshly waterproofed gloves and boots with today's rain. Improvement of 95%. Not sure how long it will last but happy so far.

Thom, are you happy using the electric gloves? I rode yesterday for an hour in the 40's and layering kept everything warm but my hands, they were like ice cubes when I got home. I have hand guards but the back of my hands in particular froze. Just wondering if the electric gloves would be a better option than heated grips.
I had heated gloves on my ST1100. Nice but... The heat has to get through the grips and your gloves. I rode at 19° F and my have were cold but never lost feeling. The harder you grip, the more heat you get.

On my Voyager XII, I installed Gerbing heated gloves. 17W per hand, just like the grips. The difference:
1. Heat from the gloves aren't attached to a heatsink (handlebars) and don't have to get through the grips / leather. More heat to your hands.
2. Gloves heat the back of your hand which is the blood returning to your core. Grips heat your palm then the blood is cooled before reaching your core.
3. Gerbing gloves are actually hot above 35°or 40°F so I recommend the heat controller (more $$$).
4. I haven't found a satisfactory way to run power cables through my coat to the gloves.

So... Heated grips are great on a budget (mine were about $40 and I did the install). Heated gloves are better and are easily transferred to your next ride. Neither is a bad choice.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Tapatalk

Oh, and my perception of cold may not be the same as yours... Tolerable to me at 19° could be miserable to you. Plus that was 10 years ago so I'm not as tolerant of cold as I was then.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Tapatalk

Comet. I have a pair of warmthru electric gloves. They are battery powered and do ok - not super. They are better than my heaviest riding gloves. I also have bark busters / storm guards to keep the wind off. I am able to do my 30 minute commute down to near freezing temps without too much discomfort. I am just sick enough to consider it 'invigorating'.
>T

I rode to work all week. Put bikes away for the Winter? I don't think so. I plan to ride all through the winter.

The joys of living in Arizona! It got all the way down to 52 degrees this week. BRRRR!

Even in the Midwest, I tend to put my bikes into semi hibernation for summer, at least I won't do any long trips on them. Spring and fall are the real riding seasons. Surely, in Arizona, summer is your "off" season. No?

Looked at it lovingly as I recover for my ACL surgery. The weather has been decent enough around here that i would still be riding if it wasn't for that.

Honestly, I don't know. I have a follow-up appointment Tuesday, but it's only been a little more than a week and I'm walking on it without crutches.

I'm hoping I won't be down for long.

We still have some good riding in western North Carolina if you dress warm. The temperature drops 10 to 20 degrees as I go up a couple thousand feet in elevation. Most areas still have a lot of color.
e63057680971cfd397094dced749f886.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Even in the Midwest, I tend to put my bikes into semi hibernation for summer, at least I won't do any long trips on them. Spring and fall are the real riding seasons. Surely, in Arizona, summer is your "off" season. No?

This is normally true, after all when it hits 110 degrees (Fahrenheit) it is a little warm. But I am riding year 'round to commute mostly because I would rather brave a little warmth in the carpool lane than sit in traffic in my pickup with spotty a/c.

But seriously, the NC is water cooled and it should be able to brave the AZ summers as long as you don't sit still too long. As for me, I've lived here since 1970 and 110 in the summer is going to be easier for me than when it gets down to 25 degrees in January.

Put on the Winter had guards and did my 44.8k km inspection. Of no surprise, there was no work that needed to be done other than the inspection :)

I've been living in denial for the last month thinking we might get another warm week and the roads might clear for one more ride or two. Gave up and unregistered the bike for the season and activated the registration on the snowmobile.

View attachment 37432

A bearing went bad on the back wheel and I thought I would fix it before the end of the season... I guess I was wrong :p

This image should be posted in the threads about proper bike "winterizing" techniques ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back