• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been a great week riding into work with mild temperatures. This weekend isnt shaping up to be a great one with high 90s. Enjoying the lower 80s with mild humidity while I can.

Put a new chain on the bike. The old DID xring chain lasted for 14500 miles, had one (ONE) kink but was stretched out to its limit (no more adjusting capability on it); better than the previous JT o ring chain (which only got 9000 miles on it before multiple kinks). New chain is a Bikemaster x ring chain. Sprockets are still good to go. I had replaced the front sprocket 14500 miles ago-rear sprocket is still OEM sprocket and compares nicely to a new sprocket I have ready to install when old sprocket starts wearing out.

014955A4-0A3A-4F56-8D8B-F49EA9CB4CCB.jpg

I rode over to Neosho, Missouri to get some video of Old Lime Kiln Road for my series on rides in my area.
I test rode the new Gold Wing and may get one, but the NC700 DCT is just perfect for back roads exploring.

Last edited:
That's making some good time. You have an aftermarket seat?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I go with the free stock seat mod with a gel pad and my bike shorts it's good for all day riding for me. Average speed was 69 mph and I ate on the bike. I'm heading home tomorrow morning.
57d3bb1dd98361e55e71fc55644cb1c0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I go with the free stock seat mod with a gel pad and my bike shorts it's good for all day riding for me. Average speed was 69 mph and I ate on the bike. I'm heading home tomorrow morning.
57d3bb1dd98361e55e71fc55644cb1c0.jpg

I will have a little ride report I will post up in the general discussion section as well as my reasons for taking my NC over my Africa twin on this trip and let you know if I regretted it or not.

Brought the rain gear to work today in anticipation of rain. It rained so the effort paid off. Made me think about getting a simple rain coat to go over my mesh jacket. Too much work and too bulky to put the jacket system back together...hmmm

Did the Advanced Rider Course today. Lots of fun even though it rained all day. Definitely need to buy some good rain gear. Pushed the NC hard for five hours on the course and it performed great!

Today was drive chain changing day. After coming off a 2000 mile trip, the VX2 was shot with 18,800 miles - clanging and banging, tight link city. The original OEM front sprocket was still in place with 37,379 miles, and I could detect no visible wear when comparing it to a new sprocket. But, to be a good boy, I replaced the front sprocket. We should be all set for awhile!

100_1478.jpg

100_1479.jpg

Last edited:
Got back from a 4 day ride to Dinosaur Nat'l Monument and Flaming Gorge. Here is a shot from above Flaming Gorge. This afternoon i get to wash off all the mag chloride!
KIMG0013.jpg

I rode down to Spavinaw, Oklahoma to ride again the road from Spavinaw to Salina, one of the best rides in Oklahoma.
The trees and bushes are all greened up and visibility is down.
I am working on a video of that ride to go in my “Nice Rides” series.
It was a little hazy, so we will see if the video came out ok.

Went riding Saturday around town, just to get out. It was hot, but there were plenty of places to cool down. A couple of my favorites were a local brewery and a small local ice cream shop who hand makes all their gelato. It was a yum kinda day.

Took a ride to grab some lunch with my eldest son... Our first ride together since he returned from overseas deployment. We're doing an apt remodel and had to take a break for lunch, popeye's lousiana kitchen of course!
Dad & Michael rode to lunch.jpg

I took the clutch out of my spare parts engine and put it in my working engine. That $150 eBay deal is starting to pay off!

100_1480.jpg

100_1482.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday I went to Bridgeport, California maybe a mess politically but the Sierra Nevada mountains are just absolutely beautiful. and what a difference a mouth makes over Sonora pass!
I got 79 MPG also!!!

Sonora pass.jpg
IMG_20180611_123152~2.jpg

Last edited:
Fire Danger in Colorado (and likely other parts of the country as well) is HIGH.

Don't be that guy, make sure you have a functional spark arrestor in your exhaust system. That's what I did today. If you have an aftermarket exhaust check to make sure you have one. Mine did not, but luckily for me the USFS approved spark arrestor for my Two Brothers Racing M2 Black was only $21.72 on amazon.

Attachments

• Package.jpg
    Package.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 182
  • install.jpg
    install.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 188
  • Finished.jpg
    Finished.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 182
Status
Not open for further replies.