• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I went over hwy 108 over Sonora pass to 395, then hwy 89 to Monitor pass into Markleevile. Hit hwy 88 to Carson pass. then to Jackson, hwy 49 all the way back to Sonora then home=Twain Harte. About five hours on the road, three hours farting around little towns and checking out all the lakes, Averaged around 73 mpg. Was long day, but a really fun ride, about 220 miles. My butt almost fell off, LOL!!!

Last commute for a while.... Rotator cuff surgery tomorrow morning. From what the docs are saying, I may not be riding for the rest of the summer.
>Thom

Last commute for a while.... Rotator cuff surgery tomorrow morning. From what the docs are saying, I may not be riding for the rest of the summer. ������������
>Thom

Tell that medicine man to F off, you are a man( I don't know if this is a true starment :)). Ride as soon as the medicine wears off :p

Enjoyed a great ride today. My second tank on the 17T primary sprocket both netting me in the 82 mpg range. First tank was mostly horsing around town, to/from work and some spirited freeway rides. Today was a great ride from Post Falls north up SH41 to Oldtown, then east on 2 to Sandpoint and stopped at the PanHandler Pies again for a burger/fries and of course PIE! No ice cream this time though. Then headed south on US95 to Silverwood and Diagonal rd to Rathdrum, then south on SH41. The MoTech skid plate, highway pegs and 17T sprocket are working great. Now to keep saving for that Russell DL seat! :{)

Tested the Givi engine guards this morning. They work well. Very well. Combined with handguards there is no significant damage on the bike after sliding for a few meters (like 10 or so), on wet road. I could pick the bike up and ride on. Yeah I lost the rear.

c5fc972fed67e88f6151f0bc5587c8e7.jpg

Ordered new chain and sprockets.

After 5 years and 45k miles I'm starting to seriously consider getting a new bike. Will probably keep the nc as it will be too hard to give up the mpg for commuting.

Tested the Givi engine guards this morning. They work well. Very well. Combined with handguards there is no significant damage on the bike after sliding for a few meters (like 10 or so), on wet road. I could pick the bike up and ride on. Yeah I lost the rear.

c5fc972fed67e88f6151f0bc5587c8e7.jpg
Good news on the bike. How's the rider?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Fine, thanks. Fairly low speed (40 km/h or so), no obstacle, clean slide with little initial impact. I always wear riding boots and motorcycle pants, that helps. And an airbag vest that did not trigger as it is cabled and I stayed on the bike.

And also kudos to Honda for the little DCT oil cover protection (below the cover), that avoided a punctured cover.

Fine, thanks. Fairly low speed (40 km/h or so), no obstacle, clean slide with little initial impact. I always wear riding boots and motorcycle pants, that helps. And an airbag vest that did not trigger as it is cabled and I stayed on the bike.

And also kudos to Honda for the little DCT oil cover protection (below the cover), that avoided a punctured cover.

Glad you're ok! Good news about the bike, as well. Thankfully you had the protection on you and the bike.

Installed new brake pads on the rear. Ordered new set from Amazon, even though description stated 'rear brake pads', the shipping statement stated 'rear brake pads', they shipped the front brake pads,,,, arghh…. Shipping those back but I went to Bikebandit on Wednesday, ordered the new rear brake pads, and they delivered yesterday (Thursday) and I didn't pay for extradited shipping-discovered bikebandit has a warehouse in northern Indiana. Yep, correct brake pads. 15 minutes and they were installed...
I was going to replace the front ones also but after taking off the caliber, the front pads are 60% good, so nope, keeping those on there for now.
Probably ride over to Rabbit Hash again Saturday-have to work till noon, leave and ride over-about 3 hours from Louisville on the back roads...

I took the Madstad wind deflectors off. A friend is coming over for a ride and I will see if it gives me a little more air for the hot weather.

I may just take the windshield off and ride without one. I have a drz 400 that I put a windshield on for winter and take off when it warms up. All that air feels good, at least until it hits 95.

Update: Very humid today, wind deflectors off helped, but taking the windshield off sounds good.

We rode over to Neosho, Missouri and rode up and back on Old Scenic Road and Lime Kiln Road, which parallel Shoal Creek on the east and west banks.

What beautiful country! Truly two wheels is the way to see scenery.

Last edited:
Enjoyed a great ride today. My second tank on the 17T primary sprocket both netting me in the 82 mpg range. First tank was mostly horsing around town, to/from work and some spirited freeway rides. Today was a great ride from Post Falls north up SH41 to Oldtown, then east on 2 to Sandpoint and stopped at the PanHandler Pies again for a burger/fries and of course PIE! No ice cream this time though. Then headed south on US95 to Silverwood and Diagonal rd to Rathdrum, then south on SH41. The MoTech skid plate, highway pegs and 17T sprocket are working great. Now to keep saving for that Russell DL seat! :{)

Can you post a pic of your highway pegs?

Borrowed a chainsaw from a co-worker, my house is 60 miles from work, ROK straps are awesome
70976602906ebafe14d8b562ff0f4e6a.jpg
1c5c24e2e1e6874569fc488247513f8f.jpg

Never seen a chainsaw that clean, except first time out of the box.

Mount it on the front fender and you’ve got a real adventure bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back