• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the local motorcycle show. Kind of disappointing for me personally. Nothing of real interest. The best part when I was leaving I saw a couple wearing Aerostitch two piece suits. It was nice to see them up close for the first time.

The show had a much larger attendance than last year so hopefully that bodes well for the local industry.

Gonna go out a little bit tomorrow, enough at the very least to warm the chain up and do some maintenance as well as spray her down and get some soap on her.

I've rode mine twice this year. First time was two weeks ago and I got rained on both coming and going from work. Going to work wasn't bad, just a mist, going home was heavy reason. Needless to say, gore-tex pants have moved to the top of my "things to buy" list. My boots, gloves, and jacket already have it, and I started dry there.

Second time was Friday, nothing dramatic, but I was out there.

I'm surprised this brutal cold hasn't killed my battery. My bike lives outside and I don't keep a charger on it. Not bad for the stock battery. (Bought bike new January 2013)

I thought about riding it yesterday; however, my county doesn't salt its county roads during snow/ice storms-the county uses asphalt cinders and the roads around my house are slick as snot with all those cinders (if you are old enough, you may remember the high school tracks which used to be cinders-same analogy). Supposed to rain heavy this afternoon and then turn cold again for 2 days then start a warm up again. If so, Thursday and Friday will be commute day into work on the bike...

Ordered Cogent DDC valves and springs yesterday. Plan on installing when I pull the wheel for new tires.

55 degrees and sunny, so I rode south to the Langley-Spavinaw-Salina road, one of the best rides in Oklahoma.
The NC got some admirers at a gas station.
Not very good gas mileage due to riding into the wind and spirited twisty action, 58.5. Also have let the bike warm up quite a while on the last two rides.

On the way home there was another rider heading home from work. It's not very often that I see another nut riding in the rain :)

I bought a 2013 with 511 miles on it two day's ago.
Today was my first day off of work and it now has 732 miles. I'v had maybe 30ish bikes over the years and have been riding for 25. This is bike number four that I own right now. I'm so impressed I could go on and on wow...... What a frunky bike

Finally! First ride since the first weekend in December. Yep, it's been that long, unfortunately. But, it was a nice trip, save for the *** behind me who would not turn off his brights... But, he'll end up in the river and unable to open his doors because they'll be locked.

So, last night made sure I could FIND all my heated gear (especially the cable that plugs in the bike) and that I had enough gas. This morning, donned the heated liner, jacket, helmet, heated gloves, got everything plugged in and turned the key. Lights came on, hit the starter and she fired right up as if the long sleep of winter never happened. The ride was uneventful, and not that exciting. I forgot how much colder it can be riding by a large river than further in town. My garage was 37 degrees when I left, it was 39 when I got into work. It is supposed to peak near 60 today, so I had to ride. Rain projected tomorrow, but Sunday may be begging for another ride.

All in all, happy with the morning. heated gear worked great, bike came on without even a cough, didn't die.

OH! And it was the first ride with the Forma ADV Boots (short), and man, they are comfortable! The grip easily fit with the pegs, they were warm (only had cotton socks, and feet didnt feel any slight from the cold) and they felt very stable when at stoplights. These are definitely a welcome addition to the gear family, which is really now complete.

I bought a 2013 with 511 miles on it two day's ago.

Good score, Stones.........wow!!! Only 511 miles on a 5 year old bike = garage queen (the kind I like to find!!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Looked at it again.
Have not even started it since Dec.
Am now of the age that medical things have a real impact. Sucks that it is now me......

Parked the snowmobile in the tarp-shed beside the NC to keep it out of site while I am gone for the month of February. Test fired the bike and she started right up at -25˚C, no battery tender so I was pleasantly surprised.
IMG_20180127_181146.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back