• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rode my NC for about 80 miles. First time after my bike accident month and a half ago when I broke my left wrist.

20170627_152105 - Copy.jpg.

It wasn't bad. Didn't have any problems with vibrations... Wait! There is no vibrations on NC. ;)
Tomorrow I have check up. Better say sorry than ask my surgeon for permission. :D

P.S. Actually, it was yesterday but didn't have time to post it...

After having a bad week of hip pain, I finally rode to work again today. Started to throb a little just as I pulled into the parking lot.
I refuse to quit! Screw you hip!!! Will continue to ride, maybe just stand up more and I might try a set of highway pegs to offer my dumb hip a different position on the highway.

After having a bad week of hip pain, I finally rode to work again today. Started to throb a little just as I pulled into the parking lot.
I refuse to quit! Screw you hip!!! Will continue to ride, maybe just stand up more and I might try a set of highway pegs to offer my dumb hip a different position on the highway.

Will you make it to Bike Nite on Wednesday?

OK, so technically this was back in May, but I just found the video and got it uploaded. Thought it was lost to the ether.

This is THE Copperhead Road (Copperhead Hollow Road, Johnson County, TN) from the song by Steve Earle, "Copperhead Road"

I was here back in May of 2017 (during Rick's Eastern Rendezvous) and wanted to ride the famous road. It was not actually all that exciting. It was flat, not too curvy, potholed and loose gravel all over the pavement. But there was one reason I wanted, had, to ride it:
So I could say "I came back from Copperhead Road!"

Map: Google Maps

Actually, I wanted to hit the Watuga Winery, which is at the west end of Copperhead road, and with it within 100 yards, I just had to ride it.

As I do not own the rights to the song, I cannot include it in this video. So, I just included some free country song from YouTube's library. Upsetting, I know.

[video=youtube;lYAyzc3TbNE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYAyzc3TbNE[/video]

[video=youtube;xvaEJzoaYZk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvaEJzoaYZk[/video]

As I do not own the rights to the song, I cannot include it in this video. So, I just included some free country song from YouTube's library. Upsetting, I know.

I do video for a living, and yes you are correct that you "can't" use a song on a video. BUT with youtube, they have partnered with most record labels and will allow the songs on your videos, but will not allow you to profit share for that particular video. So if it's just a fun video, use what ever song you like, Youtube may say "Copyright infringement" but still allow the song and just cut monetization from that particular video.

So SONG AWAY!

Here's one of my favorite projects I did...
Pitstop EPI 3 Tommy Goes Stadium Truck Racing on Vimeo

Last edited:
Installed 12v power plug (loose/no drilling) and a USB hub to charge multiple devices at once.
Seems I needed it so badly because my 2 cameras and phone died on me when taking a ride from 4 hours.
Had a powerbank, but that one drained because of 1 camera and to charge the phone.

Well now I have 5 USB plugs (1 not seen), to charge everything on the bike :)

AWQFtTAh.jpg

Charges the next few things:
- Phone/gps
- Camera no.1 (face/windshield)
- Camera no.2 (helmet)
- Sena SR10
- Empty/powerbank

I had shoulder replacement right after thanksgiving. Slow recovery. Cleared to ride after 6 months. Still have small issues. Doc said time will help.

So I went to a bike night today and I saw first hand the decline of motorcycling. 7000+ motorcycles and 6996 SUCKED.
Stupid baggers with 40" front wheel that could not handle a 15 deg turn. Giant 2000 (circa OCC 16' NO ONE CAN RIDE MORE THAN 5 MILES choppers.) Busted *** sport bikes with guys who felt it was cool to drive in and hit the rev limiter for 5 minutes. With blown out after 100 burnout tires. I usually like motorcycle people. i HATED almost 98% of the people here. 50 - 60 year old guys with awful hair and leather vests doing devil horns to Motley Crew songs,( I don't mid the crew but stop the 18 year old antics) 50 - 70 year ladies in leather bikinis and awful clothes... I'm 46 and was like WTF is going on here.

The younger crowd consisted of extended swing arm Busa's with LED's and such macho attitudes that it was seriously funny. Out of the 7000 people there I met 1 other ADV guy named Dan who had a CSC 250 WITH 30,000+ MILES ON IT AND WAS THE RADDEST MOST "RIDER" there.

The Biker culture is like watching geriatrics defend the 1950's and leather vest futures. Or awful non ridable BUSA's and Stunt bikes.

STOP THE MADNESS!!

I'm so happy to wear full gear, and appreciate the ride on or off road, make myself happy and not pursue the "motorcycle look".
<puke>

Today the UPS truck arrived with my Seat Concepts 'Low' foam and seat cover set. Carbon fiber sides with a gripper top. Got the matching pillion cover also.

After having good results with the foam and cover set for my '89 Honda NX250, I pulled the trigger and got their 'Low' option for the NC. Even with only a seat pan and foam the seat felt much better. Comparing the two foams there was an obvious difference in height.

I am going to have a local seat cover company do the front seat due to the multiple contours. The pillion can't be harder to do than my NX seat.

I am so excited to take it out this weekend for a good long ride for breakfast.

My dad said I had to buy a Sena SR10 as soon as they were on stock so I bought one.
Now I'm happy with the buy because talking over a 2 way radio with a shitty wired mic and shitty wired speakers didn't work out all that well.

Now I can use the 2 way radio with my Sena intercom :)

LrYueEYh.jpg

Took the long way home and went a few miles on a dirt road that has a lot of loose sand. I have street tires and no off road experience. I did okay, didn't lose it, kept my eyes up, cleaned and lubed the chain when I got home. This is my fourth bike, and by far the most fun! When the street tires wear out, I'll replace them with some 80/20ish tires like the Shinko 705s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back