• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed 2 inch handlebar risers. It was more difficult than I thought, rerouting those cables and snipping the cable clips.
Anyone know where to get new ones?
It's stupid that Honda didn't leave enough room to add risers without modifying the clips n such.

Installed OEM center stand. Chain and sprockets arriving soon. Going to attempt the install myself.
b75f5f02bb7d86c8952f71438f061d81.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed 2 inch handlebar risers. It was more difficult than I thought, rerouting those cables and snipping the cable clips.
Anyone know where to get new ones?
It's stupid that Honda didn't leave enough room to add risers without modifying the clips n such.

I thought all the Honda handlebar cable ties were the reusable types. They were on mine. Anyway, I would just substitute black (UV resistant) wire ties (aka tie-wraps) for your snipped ones. Leave them a little loose when installing to allow flex when the bars are turned.

On a strong recommendation from DCTFAN I signed up for May 6 MSF Dirt Bike School - Closed Ranges and May 7 MSF Dirt Bike School - Introduction to Trail Riding, both in Alpharetta, GA. Chose to use their MCs so the initial learning experience won't involve dropping my bike. Sure plenty of that will come later

I wish they had something like this in my area. I have seen stuff you can do with your own bike but nothing with one included for dirt bike/trail riding... jelly :_(

Put 138 miles on the NC today. The Sargent seat I got in the swap area ROCKS.
The fitment at the front isn't great, but the seat is awesome.

My only problem is I have a bad hip and at about the 100 mile mark the pain got bad. This having an aging broken body is a new thing for me. 46 next week. I can't imagine how I'm going to be able to walk when I get older!
Paying for all my stupidity of my youth... :(

Took my daughter to the local Honda event so that she could check out some different rides. She's been on the PCX150 since last year, and will probably be riding it for this season too; but it was her birthday at the beginning of the week so I thought she might enjoy it! She liked the look of the new Rebels, especially the 500. But then she sat on the CTX!! She's not too fond of the height of the NCX, but she took a shine to its sibling!! She sat on it for a while and when the car park wasn't too busy she rode it around getting accustomed to the weight & handling etc., and then we took off for a 20 minute or so ride. She sure hated getting back on that PCX I tell you!! She now has a savings goal while she works on getting her mum to 'approve'. She's about 50% there on the initial cost of the bike, but about 0% of the way there with my wife!!! That should give her time to save for the rest of the bike, some additions, & insurance...!!

20170422_125712-web.jpg

In the meantime they had an AT DCT out and ready, so I tried that while my daughter was adjusting to the CTX. Nice, but unless I start off-roading there won't be one in my future!! Wouldn't of minded a go on the VFR1200X, but that was inside...!

20170422_130831-crop-web.jpg

I thought all the Honda handlebar cable ties were the reusable types. They were on mine. Anyway, I would just substitute black (UV resistant) wire ties (aka tie-wraps) for your snipped ones. Leave them a little loose when installing to allow flex when the bars are turned.

Yep, they are indeed reusable ones, but I mean the ones next to the ignition keyhole, those are difficult to remove.
The reusable handlebar ones are still intact.

Took my daughter to the local Honda event so that she could check out some different rides. She's been on the PCX150 since last year, and will probably be riding it for this season too; but it was her birthday at the beginning of the week so I thought she might enjoy it! She liked the look of the new Rebels, especially the 500. But then she sat on the CTX!! She's not too fond of the height of the NCX, but she took a shine to its sibling!! She sat on it for a while and when the car park wasn't too busy she rode it around getting accustomed to the weight & handling etc., and then we took off for a 20 minute or so ride. She sure hated getting back on that PCX I tell you!! She now has a savings goal while she works on getting her mum to 'approve'. She's about 50% there on the initial cost of the bike, but about 0% of the way there with my wife!!! That should give her time to save for the rest of the bike, some additions, & insurance...!!
I have several friends very happy with their CTXs. If I wanted one there are lots of used ones out there in good condition far less costly than new. Of course she will have to accelerate convincing Mom.

I like the CTXs; it they were shaft drive, one would be in my garage in a heart beat. No more chain driven bikes will be purchased.
Back to topic; installed my rear wheel with new tire on the NC700x yesterday evening-had too much stuff to do to go for a long ride-just rode it down the road and back to ensure everything was back on correctly.

Installed a small LED strip on 3x AA batteries, in case I forget to turn them off.

IMG_20170424_155945_zps83bmvk81.jpg

Gives off a lot of light, and it's warm white, so it's easy on the eye :)
Now it's much more easy to find my stuff in the frunk :D

Added 2" risers today and a set of Dale's Nut Plates and man both were some of the best mods... so comfortable and so solid. Best "unseen" mods so far.

All I need is a set of decent panniers and I think I'm almost done.

Over the last week I've installed
4d16bc0562633646e0bbda9fb3d4efa1.jpg

kick stand foot. In the center stand discussion I was convinced they are worth buying and now I agree
acf4a0b1ff9ad77897188246218f87df.jpg

I drilled out the center and ground down the inside of the OEM bar weights so the bolt that comes with the bark busters would fit and reinstalled those
643ce00547b0232d2c61332e0fc90d2f.jpg

Between this cheepo adjustable bar and the larger OEM bar weights I've completely gotten rid of handle bar vibrations until around 4600-4800 rpms so a huge improvement for me

Last edited:
i pissed around with my frunk trying to get it to stay shut more reliably. damn crap design on that latch and its release. if it weren't for locking when away, i'd just spread a Rok Strap across it and down to openings in the side plastic, and that would keep it from whapping me in the chest when i'm least expecting it ; }

i pissed around with my frunk trying to get it to stay shut more reliably. damn crap design on that latch and its release. if it weren't for locking when away, i'd just spread a Rok Strap across it and down to openings in the side plastic, and that would keep it from whapping me in the chest when i'm least expecting it ; }
I think that happens to most everyone. I'm thinking of installing a bright light with a pressure switch that turns the light on inside the frunk when the frunk is open. 3/4 off my riding is in the dark, I guess you could install a flashing led instead? Or you could add weights to the inside of the lid?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back