• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weather was a cool 72 F yesterday so I took my 1st ride of the year .North thru the GA and Nc mountains.Not a long ride as it was under 100 miles ,but the green buds popping out let me know spring is in the air. Yes God made this day just for me !

The weather was a cool 72 F yesterday so I took my 1st ride of the year .North thru the GA and Nc mountains.Not a long ride as it was under 100 miles ,but the green buds popping out let me know spring is in the air. Yes God made this day just for me !

MMMMmmmmmmm.............................be there in 42 days.........MMMmm.

51313042209__651D2BC0-C219-4641-8463-7BCBF595C397.JPG034.jpg037.jpgAdded a taller Honda windscreen. VERY easy to install. Now if I could just find the right pegs to go on my Puig Engine Guards! These don't fit! They are 1 1/4 inches and I think the Puig are 1 inch in diameter. Dang...And ideas of how I can make them fit?

Last edited:
View attachment 32991View attachment 32989View attachment 32990Added a taller Honda windscreen. VERY easy to install. Now if I could just find the right pegs to go on my Puig Engine Guards! These don't fit! They are 1 1/4 inches and I think the Puig are 1 inch in diameter. Dang...And ideas of how I can make them fit?

I think many if not most engine guards use 27mm tubing (just over 1" diameter). Finding hwy pegs with a 27mm clamp is almost impossible. They are all usually 1.25" or 1.5"

The one you have is the one I installed on my SW motech guards. They work ok for the little I use them. I just tightened the shite out of them (without using the smaller u adapter).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last Sunday I took the Honda out for her first ride in 2017. Battery was fully charged and so on.
Looks like I will have a lot of time this summer to ride. Watch out for my pictures!

Added a taller Honda windscreen. VERY easy to install. Now if I could just find the right pegs to go on my Puig Engine Guards! These don't fit! They are 1 1/4 inches and I think the Puig are 1 inch in diameter. Dang...And ideas of how I can make them fit?

View attachment 32991

Can't help you on the fit other than suggesting what GregC did with maybe some rubber from a heavey duty inner tube inside, but what pegs are those? Nice and non-bulky and BLACK. Sweet!

Another ride just to be riding today. In spite of the slow progress to better weather, I've been out quite a few times on each bike now...

I tried those pegs, and even though they seemed to fit, they would not tighten enough to be useful.
I bought some inexpensive chrome ones meant for a Harley and painted them.
#14 mod at 5:00.

YouTube

Grrr. Had to take the truck to work again today. Guess 3/5 days on the bike wasn't too bad for this time of year! Good news according to the tracking # though is that a package is ready for pick up - Madstad has sent me the <hopefully> correct mounting hardware so that I can maybe get the windshield mounted this weekend!

2017-04-07-07.33.59-web.jpg

Grrr. Had to take the truck to work again today. Guess 3/5 days on the bike wasn't too bad for this time of year! Good news according to the tracking # though is that a package is ready for pick up - Madstad has sent me the <hopefully> correct mounting hardware so that I can maybe get the windshield mounted this weekend!

View attachment 33003

This late season snow BLOWS... I had "Soggy sock" all morning from getting into my cage this morning and walking through the 4" of slushy snow.
I hate soggy sock.

If you order them let me know how the process goes.i want to get some too

2014 nc700x -Rox risers-22in madstad-barkbuster storms.

They are great but pricey with shipping...only issues I had was the shipping took more almost a month here in OR and the bolts supplied are not of the correct size (length) when taking into account the thickness of the gaurd mounting plate and one of the holes (front left lower iirc) dont align correctly

They are great but pricey with shipping...only issues I had was the shipping took more almost a month here in OR and the bolts supplied are not of the correct size (length) when taking into account the thickness of the gaurd mounting plate and one of the holes (front left lower iirc) dont align correctly

Seems like a lot to deal with for some crash bars.

Posted question this morning on how to fix alignment of handlebars after wind blew my bike over in January (First day off since I found it on its side) Used good advice to fix after work today. Spent last hour catching up on 44 pages of "What did you do with / to your NC today" as this is first time on this year with only 2 days home in last 13 weeks. Work got really busy first quarter. Next few days will catch up on other threads in forum. Glad to be back and will catch back up on riding time in 2nd quarter.

I rode to Tulsa for the 100th anniversary Auto Show.
There was a nice Audi sports car for just $200,000.
I was just a bit short, like $199,000.

I hope this link works, I am getting tired of youtube turning into a control freak.

That was 220 miles, the most I have ridden in one day. Mostly on route 66, but I did hit some twisties on the way back.
Between Spavinaw and Salina is a very nice section of road, Oklahoma 20 -82.

YouTube

Last edited:
Finally got my aerostich r3 light. Can't wait to get a ride in this weekend!

Didn't do anything with or to my NC, but bought a welcome gift for it.
A second hand IXIL Hyperlow XL slipon :)

Today I rode (still riding!) the Kettle Moraine Scenic drive in Wisconsin. I am doing the south to north route and will superslab it back home.

Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive - Wisconsin DNR

In the middle of it is the Holy Hill Basilica, a very old and big church on a hill, which I'm at right now:

a5e77f9a5beeb3505a54c9412194b7a2.jpg

084e5284479c16dc85e9b24c4724843f.jpg

fdbe3a89275b122be162f512fe125b54.jpg

Rode NC to Triumph/Ducati dealership, where I participated in demo rides. All in all, I rode Bonneville T120, Street Twin and Ducati Scrambler. All nice bikes. Ducati had hooligan exhaust, which I enjoyed listening more than I would like to admit. Regardless, I felt at home when I hopped back on my NC.

Triumph.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back