• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rode a lot more on Saturday than I thought. Nearly 300 miles on a whim. Sunday, met up with a bunch of friends from LouVin and headed to Madison, IN for a vintage motorcycle show on the river. Met up with David and good times were had. Put together a short video of both the ride in, as well as a walk-by of the show bikes.

[video=youtube;OBTA00fy-Bo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBTA00fy-Bo[/video]

Was that 142 from Louisville to Madison? Looked like some nice roads.

For an upcoming trip to northern CA...
Got a chain and sprockets on their way from Sprocket Center.
Pulled front and rear wheels to have new tires - RoadSmart II's - installed by a friend (I think the old tires -also RS II's - would have been fine but this is my first multi-day trip and I already had the tires on hand).
While the tires are being installed, I will have metal valves installed so I can install the FOBO tire pressure senders that are sitting on the kitchen counter.
Found a handlebar mount for my gps unit.
Pulled forks and changed fork oil - the old stuff came out sort of chocolatey and a little cloudy. Btw... When you're measuring the level of the oil in the tubes, make sure you do it BEFORE you install the spring and spacer. And... Fill them to the proper level while FULLY COMPRESSED ! Double DOH!
Bought one of those Walmart soft coolers to ride on the pillion seat.
Bought some small plastic boxes and made some fleece ditty bags to organize the frunk.
Fun day.
>Thom

I spent a breezy nite in Boise at a rest stop.

Found a spot where tired trucks wouldn't run over me and put the jack stands down.

IMG_4087.jpg

15 minutes later RV configuration is up and I'm ready for some snoring.

IMG_4091.jpg

A new day arrives.

IMG_4094.jpg

Disassembling RV conversion.

IMG_4096.jpg

Packed and ready to head to Denny's for a French Toast Slam using the money I saved from not having to stay at a motel.

IMG_4097.jpg

Ray

I had a day to kill in Boise prior to getting Racetech fork springs and gold emlulators installed/tuned so I went on a ride up into the local mountains.

image1.jpg

Traffic was extremely light, I found out why the farther I kept riding, smoke from a forest fire . No pictures of nice riding in the mountains next to white water rapids, the haze was just too much. I was glad to make it to Lowman and start the return leg back to Boise.

Ray

Rode to work in the rain again today. When I was buying boots, I had limited funds and I chose vented boots over rain boots because there are more hot days than rainy days usually. So a nice set of plastic bags over the socks and I got to work dry as a bone. Once again the Frog Toggs did their thing. I actually like riding in the rain, makes me feel "bad ***". When I raced bicycles if you trained in the bad weather you got known as a bad ***. Cold, wet, windy.... and I feel kind of the same thing about motorcycles. If you only ride in the nice weather, that's cool, that's your right, but if you ride in ANY weather that allows a motorcycle to actually drive (Ie. hail, and snow might be a bit much for commuting) then I feel like you earn a degree of Moto-bad-***-in-ness! ;)

Hotel called, housekeeping found my keys!! :D

You have no idea how badly I wanted to go gear up and ride the indirect route to go fetch them :confused: Gonna' have to let them mail them though!!

Hotel called again, not my keys but BMW keys!! :mad:

Glad I didn't ride to get them, wonder if the BMW owner has mine?!! Hotel checked again and will continue to keep an eye out.

Larger pic collection from the MotoAmerica race weekend in Pittsburgh. (Hit link below)
I do video for a living and all my "real glass" represents that. All close up glass, 10mm-22mm, 24 - 7mm0, 24 - 105mm, 35mm, 14mm.... so all I had for a power zoom was a 300mm "kit lens" to pull in the bikes from the distance of the fence...
They are not perfect, but the little kit lens did alright.

MotoAmerica Large Collection - Google Photos

I hate those stunt riders especially ; }

At least these guys are in a controlled environment. Which is better than what some past hooligan moron did on his 150hp stunt bikes...
The same guy that now calmly rides a 48hp wanna be adv bike. Ahhh the stupidity of youth :D

I like the one dude.. did he lose his leg stunting and still rides or???

Was that 142 from Louisville to Madison? Looked like some nice roads.

It was a number of roads. I was solo from Louisville to Lagrange, then the group went from Lagrange to Madison. I came into Lagrange via Sleep Hollow Road (1694) -> Covered Bridge Road (329) -> US42 -> 53. Then, we left via 53 -> 3223 -> US42 -> Madison. It was a relaxed ride, with so many different bikes, including a couple 250's. I came home simply - US42 -> 841 -> Westport Road.

I had a day to kill in Boise prior to getting Racetech fork springs and gold emlulators installed/tuned so I went on a ride up into the local mountains.

View attachment 34562

Traffic was extremely light, I found out why the farther I kept riding, smoke from a forest fire . No pictures of nice riding in the mountains next to white water rapids, the haze was just too much. I was glad to make it to Lowman and start the return leg back to Boise.

Ray

Do you leave the trailer behind when you do rides like this or do you always pull it?

Do you leave the trailer behind when you do rides like this or do you always pull it?
I am on the road now, two nites here in Boise and overnighting in rest stops, so no place to drop the Moto-Mule and leave it.

The loop was all paved road, so it just followed where I went. Sometimes you feel like a Pepper, sometimes you don't, that is how I feel about riding with/without the trailer. It's OK either way.

Ray

Rode to work in the rain again today. When I was buying boots, I had limited funds and I chose vented boots over rain boots because there are more hot days than rainy days usually. So a nice set of plastic bags over the socks and I got to work dry as a bone. Once again the Frog Toggs did their thing. I actually like riding in the rain, makes me feel "bad ***". When I raced bicycles if you trained in the bad weather you got known as a bad ***. Cold, wet, windy.... and I feel kind of the same thing about motorcycles. If you only ride in the nice weather, that's cool, that's your right, but if you ride in ANY weather that allows a motorcycle to actually drive (Ie. hail, and snow might be a bit much for commuting) then I feel like you earn a degree of Moto-bad-***-in-ness! ;)

15 years of full time work doing that. I'm over it. Workmates all know I am crazy.

15 years of full time work doing that. I'm over it. Workmates all know I am crazy.
I only lasted 2 solid years. I'm in central California where the lowest temps were just under 30°f and the hottest is 117°f. for a couple of years unless my motorcycle was broke (waiting on parts) then I rode to work 120 miles a day. Then the drought ended and it rained for a month straight with roads flooding most of the time. Yep I'll take the truck when I know it's going to rain now.

Last edited:
Frunk surgery after I broke the lock trying to break into it when I locked my key in there.

Old:

b64a0c2bd86a31496d29a74d7668ca3d.jpg

60d7b5fed61be95cfca914f6f1335e41.jpg

New:

3dfd2ad764cb3190383a20ea7f5e24bd.jpg

I installed a secret frunk pop string:

9a015bbfe75ecd80aa21efd96de78f6e.jpg

Now I have two sets of keys. [emoji52]

Edit: made a frunk knob:

2185b434a5b5be2c7c2c2bedde456729.jpg

0f52098a4554b41bb2c0c726fbf14efd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Frunk surgery after I broke the lock trying to break into it when I locked my key in there.
When the plastic panels are off is a great time to tie a wire to the frunk release mechanism and hide it above the engine. If you get locked out, fish for your secret wire, tug it, and frunk is open. There is a thread about it here somewhere.

Ray

Questions to you guys that make YouTube videos of your rides (or people that watch them) - I have about 4 hours of ride action from the loop we rode on Saturday, no one (except me!) wants to watch all of that, what kind of length video should I be aiming to cut that down to, 10 minutes, 15, more, less?

I have access to Premier Elements but have not done any video editing, any tips/tricks/URL's for tutorials that you've found especially useful? I know some of you add music, what's the deal with the licensing on that?

Thanks in advance!

FezUSA, watching someone just riding can become really boring really quickly. I really enjoy watching videos where the rider is talking over the video explaining where they are, what they're seeing, and how much they are enjoying the ride. Or not. Then it doesn't matter how long it gets, it can still be enjoyable. Here is one of my favourites 3 day Southern Alps Motorcycle Ride, South Island, New Zealand - BMW R80s - Motovlog Documentry - YouTube

I warn you though, if you watch this you might want to travel to New Zealand. I'm still hoping to ride there one year.

Here's a good vid on a true Adventure Bike:

[video=youtube;p3koj9BvYrU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3koj9BvYrU[/video]

When the plastic panels are off is a great time to tie a wire to the frunk release mechanism and hide it above the engine. If you get locked out, fish for your secret wire, tug it, and frunk is open. There is a thread about it here somewhere.

Ray

Yup, I did that, and now that I have an extra frunk key that won't start the engine, I hid that on the bike as well....

Didnt do anything yet.... BUT Ordered some new Michelin Pilot road 4 front and rear. As well as a Mmotoracks Engine guard From Ukraine on 8/14/17. (Hopefully i get SOMETHING from them soon otherwise i'm just gonna cancel my paypal payment :confused:). Tomorrow going to rip the plastics off the front to add a frunk key latch release as well as add my oxford heated grips in anticipation for the winter! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back