• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bike is sitting in the garage mad at me. My dumb hip has gotten so bad I can't ride for more than 10 min. July, 19th, I go for an appointment to see if they can cut my torso off and leave me pain free and legless.

OR... maybe I can get some shots or SOMETHING to help and ride more than 10 - 30 min at a time. :(

Have you considered a scooter?

1.JPG

Get well soon!

Scooter? Nobody wants THAT!

tenor.gif

A group of three of us met at various locations along the way and rode ~100 miles through the foothills to a sandwich shop in San Andreas.
We got there about 11am and it was around 85º - 90º, they have outdoor seating but at least it's shaded.
Rode about 100 miles back through the Delta so it was a bit cooler. :cool:

Have you considered a scooter?

View attachment 34094

Get well soon!

HAHA. I was joking with my wife about this... I can't even get the AARP discount on a Rascal Scooter for 9 more years!!!

My problem comes from the fact my Mom was insane and would never take me to the Hospital. I cut my hand to the bones with tendons showing, she put a butterfly on it. When I was 16 I was riding a 4 wheeler, mine dies and my buddy was driving me back to his truck on his, he hit a bump and my foot got sucked under the back wheel and ran it around and over so that my knee was hyper extended. My knee looked like a pumpkin for 6 weeks. My Mom got me a pair of crutches and an ace bandage. So after years of favoring that knee (and two operations on it when I was 28 - 38) the favoring the right knee took it's toll on my left knee and especially my left hip. It's mauled. No cartilage left. (And when the bone on bone contact happens... You FEEL IT!)

Anyways, long story short.. take ya kids to the hospital if they are really hurt!! :D

Last weekend a 500+ kms ride to Tsivlou Lake and not only with my fellow riders :
[video=youtube;tmlCTHbQOgk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmlCTHbQOgk&t=923s[/video]

I went for a bit of twisty stuff early, before the heat was too bad.
I saw a car broken down, stopped to check on the guy, flat tire.
He had hit the curb (cell phone, naturally) and ripped a big hole in the side.
I helped him get the spare out. The retaining screw was stripped and seriously buggered up.
I then found where the jack was supposed to be - no jack. No tire tool.
The vehicle was full of odd stuff and it began to occur to me it might all be stolen.
So now I am thinking, "Are my fingerprints on any of that stuff?"

At this point I told him to call a tow truck, but he didn't want to, and had moto gear so I went the extra mile and went home for a jack and a tire tool.
The lug nuts were weird and there was no room around them for my tire tool.
He said his wife was on the way, so I gave him a bottle of water and told him (again) to call a wrecker. By now I was soaked in sweat.

I know I shouldn't let this influence how I treat someone, but he would not put the phone down to talk to me and I tired of that quickly.

Sounds like you went above and beyond already, going home and getting the jack. The fact you thought the stuff might be stolen and guy was distracted/rude would have been enough for me to leave touching as little as possible.

I'll be around this weekend if you wanna check out the seat. Also have the Sargent if you wanna give that a chance. Will probably sell that one as the SC is working better for my butt. But the Sargent is pretty darn good!

Today (and a few days ago)

Today I went and did this little trip, which is pretty scary because I figured out that I can do it before/after work it's that close.

071317%20Alpine_zpsw0rhyg8l.jpg

071317%20Alpine2_zpsbbb0ueqv.jpg

071317%20Alpine3_zpsnxfdvwuo.jpg

And I forgot to post this from Sunday, but I went on a Charity ride. Felt a LITTLE out of place but went anyways!

070917%201033ride_zpszyzjpy3t.jpg

I'm looking at getting a camera soon, so that I'll be able to take more pictures, but these aren't bad off my Phone.

Last night I took my eldest daughter to the classroom section of the MSF BRS course. She's been on the PCX150 scooter for over a year, riding only with me in car parks and on quiet back roads. Time for us both to get some real training. As I was never taught to ride I told her I'd do it with her. I've also never ridden a bike with a clutch lever so figure this is a great opportunity to learn, and you can never get enough low speed practice either!! This weekend we have our range classes, looking forward to it. $50 for this training is stupidly low!! I told her that we will be doing this class and the next one too.

Tuesday a friend and I rode some great back roads in the upper corner of TN and western corner of NC. Total ride miles was 338 (which included several stretches of crushed rock roads). New seat cover sure makes the difference. Yesterday I cleaned and inspected the chain (no adjustment needed) and washed and dried Redbug. He's in the garage for a couple of weeks as I rotate it with my cruiser.

Last night I took my eldest daughter to the classroom section of the MSF BRS course. She's been on the PCX150 scooter for over a year, riding only with me in car parks and on quiet back roads. Time for us both to get some real training. As I was never taught to ride I told her I'd do it with her. I've also never ridden a bike with a clutch lever so figure this is a great opportunity to learn, and you can never get enough low speed practice either!! This weekend we have our range classes, looking forward to it. $50 for this training is stupidly low!! I told her that we will be doing this class and the next one too.

Good for her ! AND you !

Motorcycle Ohio is a great program.

I bought a spare stock windshield on eBay, shortened it, and put black plastidip on the back.
Since I took the Madstad off for summer I have remembered why I put it on!
I am hoping cutting the stock down will decrease buffeting.
Riding without a windshield would be interesting to try.
It would need to be nice weather, as the electronics would be exposed.

Ended up with the morning off and after yesterdays ride, decided to tackle the next mountain.
071417%20Nebo_zpstydm87y1.jpg

071417%20Nebo2_zpsgqkxppmh.jpg

071417%20Nebo3_zps3ltgxdvg.jpg

This one was just as fun, but quite a big longer. Had a run in with some Cows, and it really cools off when you hit the 9000' elevation mark. It was great for riding. Ran into a TON of BMW riders, apparently there is a rally here in SLC tomorrow, so they were all out in force. This was also the longest trip I've taken in one sitting, and the seat comfort problem that I read became noticeable. So I had to take a few breaks, but getting a cushion is going to have to be a priority until I can afford a new seat.

I made myself a 'Tennessee Road Box'.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Covered up the Dole Banana logos with reflective stickers and aluminium tape. I'd like to say that it was free but I had to buy some bolts and nylon lock nuts which came to $5. I got the box from the grocery store, had the stickers and tape already.

Mounted to my excellent SW Motech Alurack.

Pro's:
- Big
- Cheap
- Looks like hell

Cons:
- Falls apart in the rain
- Can't lock it, insecure
- Cheap
- Looks like hell

Tennessee Road Box? Ask Ackme!

Last edited:
Went for a group ride organized by Voss helmets. Not a bad first event. Could have been better organized but that what is learned from trying things versus talking about them :) Had about 40 bikes that were mostly sport bikes. One of the local dealerships lent a demo NC750X and an Africa Twin for two guest riders from the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back