• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
298.3 miles today. only 14 photos, four stops to wash the bugs off my face shield, and three changes of layering ; }

110 more miles before first major service interval and new tires. not bad considering i started riding it on july 8.

One good thing about Montana's big sky's is that translates into big miles. Shame no "safe and prudent speed limits" anymore!

All of her friends chickened out because of possible snow. She's riding a KLR650, on 2-day loop coming from a B.C. Canada dude ranch where she cooks for 70 people. Doesn't get many days off so she was grateful for the spectacular weather to ride in.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/greenboy667/29681712516/in/album-72157671403283132/

29681712516_91b7699d12_h.jpg

out again ...we're getting good at this never been out on the bike as often as we just have lol.
weather was nice yesterday afternoon sooo off we went .road over to the moores heading towards the seaside .
what a difference a few miles make in the weather. soon we got to the seaside it was foggy and a bit nippy to.
had a coffee in whitby then back over the moors weather changed for the better no picture of the fog!
DSC03412.jpgDSC03413.jpg

298.3 miles today. only 14 photos, four stops to wash the bugs off my face shield, and three changes of layering ; }

110 more miles before first major service interval and new tires. not bad considering i started riding it on july 8.

14 pics and you only post one? Dude quit teasing

Incidentally, that photo from yesterday ^^^ was taken a few miles after I hit 8000, and now I'm at 8103. So, now it's time for the first real service and a new set of tires. I could ride longer on the Battlax BT023R but the rear tire TWI has not that far to go (though it felt great in the twisties yesterday when the road was mostly free of traffic) -- and I'd love to get that Mitas E-07 on.

After about 2,000+ miles with the new Madstad mounting bracket holding my 24 inch windscreen on, I can say I'm a happy camper again.

Last Monday I arrived at the Madstad factory in Florida and was met by Blair. He had Cody (the guy that designs stuff there) take a ride on my 2016 NC700XD with the mounting bracket they originally sent me for the 2016 change of bolt pattern.

Coming back from the test ride, Cody agreed there was too much turbulence. Immediately he designed and fabricated a new bracket, moving the windscreen in much closer in the same manner as the previous model years are. Remounted and off for test rides, both of us agreed it performed as it is supposed to.

I let Cody design, fabricate, and test another mount and he was happy with its results too.

Off I went, 1,500 miles back up to Minnesota and now in South Dakota, and couldn't be happier with the performance of my Madstad windscreen again.

Ray

Thanks Ray, today I ordered the Madstad clear 20" adjustable windshield for my 2016.

In Rapid City, SD, I stopped for some service work at the Honda dealer which they had to keep my ride overnight. They allowed me to set up and stay overnight on their lot, so I had my first opportunity to set up the moto-mule RV all by itself. It worked!

Here it is with the bike attached.

IMG_7658.jpg

Here it is in standalone mode.

IMG_8821.jpg

Under the cover, connected or standalone.

IMG_7663.jpg

Ray

"Infiltrated" a 40,000+ participants Harley Davidson weekend rally today in Tomahawk, Wisconsin. Lots of black. (I parked outside of the event.)
Nice 200 mile ride... including about 60 miles of winding river road.
b24985f5993150ee759afb30ca5561ee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
another grand day out grommet!weather was lovely and sunny.
a little on the nippy side 1st thing this morning but as the day went on it got warmer to the point that I struggled a little to get my arms outa ma coat.lol
we decided to go for a little picnic over the moors.
the 1st 3 pictures were taken at the same spot looking different directions.
DSC03428.jpgDSC03429.jpgDSC03431.jpg

this was taken over westerdales beautiful little place all moors.plenty of ups/down and bends ideal for bikes but not sports bike.
DSC03433.jpgDSC03438.jpgDSC03439.jpg

this is what left of Danby castle,just behind it is a little museum.
this road is another beauty to ,again not the sport biker. .most road we ride on are for the sit up and beg type of bikes.
2nd picture this where we had our bite to eat just at the bottom of the road. I've put pictures up of it before.
3rd picture is at the top and this is the wildernest.certainly wouldn't like to break down here.lol
DSC03434.jpgDSC03435.jpgDSC03437.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back