• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My two sons and I paused at an overlook (during day 2 of our 5-day ride) to take in the sights... and were interviewed by a couple news reporters writing about the overlook (my son is checking something on his '78 BMW.)
393219b36cdde94de1bdb65d4c24684a.jpg

My two sons and I paused at an overlook (during day 2 of our 5-day ride) to take in the sights... and were interviewed by a couple news reporters writing about the overlook (my son is checking something on his '78 BMW.)

The last time I was in your part of the country I made the mistake in the summer time of getting on the toll road out of Chicago to Wisconsin. Now that is hot, hot, hot!!

Re-keyed my panniers to match my ignition. Tried to post a 'how-to' but the forum keeps telling me that my jpg is not a valid image file???

Also.... installed the "emergency rear seat latch release".

Also ..... received my new front tire - A RoadSmart 2 for the front of Skookum. The new rear (also an RS2) should be here in the next few days. I still have plenty of rubber on my original TrailMax's (I'm at 3k miles right now) but I thought I'd get the next set of rubber in hand now.

>T

Last edited:
Picked my bike up from the Honda dealer yesterday. It has been serviced(12 000km). Sadly my fork oil seals are bad but i don't have the cash to change it now so not much i can do about it now. Also my chain and sprockets are okay for now but i will have to change it soon.

Was going to upload a couple of photos but the forum machinery was having none of it. Did them in the usual way .JPG but nope. "Not a valid image file" it appears.

Was going to upload a couple of photos but the forum machinery was having none of it. Did them in the usual way .JPG but nope. "Not a valid image file" it appears.

The administrator of the site is looking into the picture upload problem.

Put 50 miles on running errands last night with a stop at the liquor store to give the RokStraps a good testing out. They work awesomely! Not a drop was spilled on the way home.

we did a 230 miles stint today and our backside is telling us.
glad to get home. it was hot today our coats(summer) were wet with sweat and my helmet was soaked to.
it was just nice on the move but soon as stopped
1222.gif

we went to Cumbria and over to honister pass ,it was breath taking really beautiful .
how come we've missed this rout I'll never know.
got told about this on another biker forum with pictures and I showed my wife it .
we decided to go today. heres some pictures....

DSC03016_zps1ivkgu2k.jpg

DSC03018_zpscrrvnwqr.jpg

DSC03023_zpsk3tfka5j.jpg

DSC03022_zpsorujusrg.jpg

index.php

Last edited:
I so love your guy's pictures of little tiny roads meandering through what looks like the ends of the earth, so far away and peaceful looking.

Did a 300 km ride today. Visited my grandmother, also i went to a friend and we put some sausages on the grill :)

WP_20150630_14_59_08_Pro.jpg
WP_20150630_14_59_21_Pro.jpg

I so love your guy's pictures of little tiny roads meandering through what looks like the ends of the earth, so far away and peaceful looking.

yes thats why it take us so long to get there.
98 miles in 2 hours!
in the 1st couple of pictures it use to be a slate mine.
theres one still going its just past over the top of that little road.
could have better pictures but the camera was in the frunk.
I'm going to have to get a key made just for the frunk like some of you guys have.

Last edited:
Last night I noticed that there was a little rust on my chain and it was a little loose. I cleaned it with chain cleaner, a grunge brush (only used on the sides of the chain to prevent o-ring damage), and water. Once I got the rust off, I let it dry overnight. This morning, I adjusted the chain, lubed her up nicely and let it sit so as not to sling it all off. Once I was satisfied that the lube was set, I rode to work. Fun times!

Rode another 250km today. It was not a cloud in the sky and about 25 degrees C so it was perfect. Went to a couple and buddies and we bought some meat and threw it on the grill. It was a really good day :) Also i passed 5000 ridden km on my NC since i got it in the end of January. I am very pleased with the bike! It really is versatile! :) Today i've been out for about 12 hours so you get a couple of nighttime pics too :) They were taken around 11:30 pm.

WP_20150701_16_22_35_Pro.jpg
WP_20150701_23_00_33_Pro.jpg
WP_20150701_23_00_56_Pro.jpg
WP_20150701_23_02_45_Pro.jpg
WP_20150701_23_03_06_Pro.jpg

Rode about 150 miles into the mountains, at our top-off gas stop it was 95º F at 09:30. :(
When we got to the lake it was in the lows 80's with a light wind. Lots of trees so we were able to have lunch in the shade.
I was so concerned about keeping hydrated for the return trip with projected temps of 110º - 115º that I forgot to take pictures... ended up "only" around 100º.

Ran some Feral-Cat errands/business,
EDIT... Lets just say I had such a bad time, that I'm thinking of selling the bike and getting a cheap car. It's just too dangerous around here now, and riding is no longer enjoyable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back