• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I locked my only key in the FRUNK. Got the joy of disassembling the plastics and FRUNK to get in.

Ugh!

You are living my fear. I have keys stashed everywhere. I had several extra made right after I bought it. I was always losing the key to my nighthawk. I always carried a spare in my jacket and I needed it twice to get home.

Mounted up the new skid plate. I think even with taking off the body panels to do the shock yesterday was easier than this. Like others I had to trim off some metal due to it contacting the center stand, then while I'm making the cut with my trusty Roto-Zip, like a dumb a$$ I grab the piece off hot metal that I just had cut to try and break it off the rest of the way and, OUCH! I burn some of my fingerprint off on my thumb and index finger. Stupid mistake. Oh, well. Here's some pictures or it didn't happen. I'll post more in the skid plate thread later.
6cac28f3b3af23480afefc23fa66e79b.jpg

86af5e41e6a663ded804444c138e9320.jpg

Went for my first ride of the season. Sure was awesome. Before my right knee was repaired, I could not reach the peg or the rear brake. I never thought a 50 mile ride could be so great.

Went for my first ride of the season. Sure was awesome. Before my right knee was repaired, I could not reach the peg or the rear brake. I never thought a 50 mile ride could be so great.

congrats on the ride and other things!

put on my first 25 miles, just bought it today. My in dash clock does not change though, has anyone run into that problem. i haven't searched the owners manual yet but will do later.

Mounted up the new skid plate. I think even with taking off the body panels to do the shock yesterday was easier than this. Like others I had to trim off some metal due to it contacting the center stand, then while I'm making the cut with my trusty Roto-Zip, like a dumb a$$ I grab the piece off hot metal that I just had cut to try and break it off the rest of the way and, OUCH! I burn some of my fingerprint off on my thumb and index finger. Stupid mistake. Oh, well. Here's some pictures or it didn't happen. I'll post more in the skid plate thread later.
6cac28f3b3af23480afefc23fa66e79b.jpg

86af5e41e6a663ded804444c138e9320.jpg
So the skid plate happened. Not sure about the burns. ;)

I felt it was time to update my carrying capacity and give myself a half birthday present. 37 liter Trax set! And a big shout out to twisted throttle for their customer service. I ordered these about a week prior to their ad coming out on the Memorial Day sale. 20% off SW-motech and manca products. I gave them a call and the nice man gave me the discount without any hassle!
bb23c6d8e11e12e0c5e6ef0ff30eafac.jpg
ef38b39e7b4a4b4167915afc811eadc9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mounted my Fenda Extenda. Thanks to those who recommended the 3M VHB double sided tape. That's some sticky stuff! We'll see how it holds up to my 100 degree commutes this summer.

I couldn't find my key anywhere. I figured it was in a pants pocket or a jacket or something, but it wasn't turning up. I finally went out to my bike and found my key...in the ignition...in the "on" position. (facepalm) Definitely not my brightest moment.

The battery was dead of course, so I took the opportunity to install charger/maintainer leads to the battery. She's charging up now. Hopefully I won't do that again.

Just ordered som things from NC700shop :) Just small things but i think that they will do good :)

I couldn't find my key anywhere. I figured it was in a pants pocket or a jacket or something, but it wasn't turning up. I finally went out to my bike and found my key...in the ignition...in the "on" position. (facepalm) Definitely not my brightest moment.

The battery was dead of course, so I took the opportunity to install charger/maintainer leads to the battery. She's charging up now. Hopefully I won't do that again.

D'oh! :eek:

;)

---> MICROSTART &bull; Antigravity Batteries <--- :D

The peace of mind having a micro jumpstarter tucked away in the bike is pretty awesome, if you can find one that fits your budget, I highly recommend them! :cool:

I think the last time I left my key in the ignition (not turned on though, thankfully) was in 1980 or so. In downtown Vancouver for the whole day, right out on the street. :rolleyes: I came back to find someone had taken the key out at some point during the day, and put it in the gas tank cap lock, as a gentle chiding reminder to be more careful lol

Decided to take a ride to Switzerland..... Little Switzerland that is in North Carolina.

View from room,
skyline inn.jpg

Spending the next few days riding the area with friends including LM15 and heading the 320 miles back home on Sunday.

I received a set of fork protectors and upper wind deflectors from the NC700 Shop and I added a pair of Honda Wing gas tank emblems to my side cowl covers today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back