• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I went in search of every mud puddle I could find to test my newly added rear fender extender and a 2" extension added to my front fender extender. The rear worked better than expected while the front could be longer. But the front extension (a piece of black ABS) still managed to contain all the mud to the skid pad and keep it off the engine.

I liked the Formotion thermometer I just added so much I ordered a Formotion compass. I also ordered an old school rear carrier to use with my tail bag.

Picture taken yesterday before it rained showing the fender additions:

IMG_2375.jpg

Last edited:
Today I went in search of every mud puddle I could find to test my newly added rear fender extender and a 2" extension added to my front fender extender. The rear worked better than expected while the front could be longer. But the front extension (a piece of black ABS) still managed to contain all the mud to the skid pad and keep it off the engine.

I liked the Formotion thermometer I just added so much I ordered a Formotion compass. I also ordered an old school rear carrier to use with my tail bag.

:D

--->

ZKAjasL.png

Let us know what you think of the Honda Tall windscreen. I ended up replacing mine due to wind noise.

I couldn't resist the urge. When I got home from work today I jumped on Sofia and took her for a ride to test out the wind redirection with the tall windscreen. There is a big front is blowing in and the flags are perfectly perpendicular to the flag pole they're attached to and in some cases the pole is bending. I took a quick 5 mile ride head on into the wind at 45MPG and there was an incredible improvement. There is some nose on the top of my helmet but completely manageable. Overall, I give it 4.9 out of 5 stars at this point.

Barkbusters are on the truck for delivery today... Can't wait to do that project while we're taking on some snow this week.

Today, i ordered some new parts for Skookum (she has a name now). Ordered a radiator guard, Storm hand guards, and an engine guard. That's all she gets until she and I get to know each other better.

Also got my longest two-lane twisty ride so far. Only about 20 miles but it reminded me how much fun a bike can be!

Now, if I can just teach my left side to relax (left hand is always reaching for a lever and left foot is feeling for a shifter), all will be well with the world.
>T

Sorry you missed my post and hope you don't have same result. My Formotion compass glass turned black so the compass could not be seen. It went in trash after a couple months.

Bummer. I read some reviews before purchasing the Formotion compass but nothing like that! The big thing was possible interference from metal and electronics.

I checked my order status and I'm a day late on order cancellation and may end up $50 short on this purchase. :(

GPS is certainly the best way to navigate but on many rides I try to get as lost as possible in the deep back country and rely on the sun and the time to get my bearings. That doesn't work on cloudy days.

Bummer. I read some reviews before purchasing the Formotion compass but nothing like that! The big thing was possible interference from metal and electronics.

I checked my order status and I'm a day late on order cancellation and may end up $50 short on this purchase. :(

GPS is certainly the best way to navigate but on many rides I try to get as lost as possible in the deep back country and rely on the sun and the time to get my bearings. That doesn't work on cloudy days.
I bought mine to upgrade from the $2 plastic suction cup one I bought at Walmart. I like a compass and often just take unknown roads in the general direction I am going. Really frustrated me to have the glass turn black making it useless. Hopefully something was off with mine and you won't have the problem. Can't believe they could keep selling them for motorcycles if they all have my problem. Check back in after 6 months and let us know.

Got the bike back from the shop with the new rear tire :). Shop owner told me can't beat the price of the tire with the mileage I got on the old one :) 11,000 miles on the old one before the wear cord showed in the flat spot. I could have got at least 1000 more miles (maybe 2000) if 1. didn't flat spot due to soccer mom, and 2. Less interstate miles- 2 trips from Indiana to Florida and back and one of those was my IBA 1000, also my 76 mile round trip commute to work includes 60 miles of Interstate.

Barkbuster Storms: Partially installed. It's a bit of a challenge to get the weight bar out. I will go back and tackle the throttle side tomorrow. Need more tools for this job.

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_1982.jpg

Me and a buddy last weekend riding part of the K.A.T. (Kentucky Adventure Trail)....My "Jool" was absolutely covered in mud by the end of the day.....and had one creek crossing we couldn't do, due to all the rain we've had the last few weeks.... but had a good day of riding :)

David, what was the final cost on the tire and install? I may need to look into it soon...

Deckyon, I got the Continental Motions. I could have got the rear tire about $20 cheaper at Cycle Gear ($90) if ordered/pickup at Cycle Gear ($105 if ordered online and delivered to door). My local dealer the rear tire was $110 plus $45 for them to take the wheel off and put back on plus taxes. I don't have a centerstand (I will get one next month for the bike) and I like to help keep my local mom/pop shop in business-due to an equine injury to my right clavicle/shoulder, it is difficult for me to re-install wheels and take tires off/on rims (I also don't have a bike lift) If you order from Cycle Gear, take the wheel off and take it to cycle gear, CG will change the tire for $10 so about $100 at Cycle Gear if you do all the work yourself for the rear. The continent motion front is about $10 cheaper than the rear, depending on where you get them.

I never noticed if your bike has the centerstand, but if you do, it is not difficult to take the rear wheel off (is harder to put back on if you don't have extra hands to help hold the axle adjustors in place while lifting wheel, inserting axle, etc...).

Last year when I replaced the full set, it was $270 for everything (tires, labor cost, taxes) at my local mom/pop shop (they did all the work).

I dont have a center stand yet. Kelly said he would assist with anything like that. I need to get a hold of him and see about getting a few pointers as well concerning a couple other maint. items. It is nice, he only lives a couple miles away from me.

Must be nice to have him so close. My best buddy riding pal who could help me with this stuff lives 2 hours from my house outside of Spencer Indiana :(

I couldn't resist the urge. When I got home from work today I jumped on Sofia and took her for a ride to test out the wind redirection with the tall windscreen.

Barkbusters are on the truck for delivery today... Can't wait to do that project while we're taking on some snow this week.
When I first read this posting I thought Sofia might be your "girlfriend"! :rolleyes:And you were going to write about your love life? :p

Barkbuster Storms: Partially installed. It's a bit of a challenge to get the weight bar out. I will go back and tackle the throttle side tomorrow. Need more tools for this job.

View attachment 23672
There is really no need to remove the Honda internal bar end weights. I installed my BarkBusters using the stock weights. I only had to source two longer bolts to make the install. You're making a big job out of a simple project.

There is really no need to remove the Honda internal bar end weights. I installed my BarkBusters using the stock weights. I only had to source two longer bolts to make the install. You're making a big job out of a simple project.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll give that a shot tonight. I'm all about not making a mountain out of a mole hill. They sent me 75mm bolts which I hope will be long enough. Report to follow.

No riding tonight, even though I was really tempted... I mean, REALLY tempted. However, I have been putting off an important task for far too long...

I washed Raven.

She is now black again, instead of the bug-gut green and yellow and road salt gray. Forgot just how good-looking this motorcycle is! Well, not really, because under all the different road-grime colors, her lines and curves were always visible. But I feel accomplished. I did need to get the salt off from all the winter riding I was able to do despite the temperatures and crappy weather.

I am still tempted, but I have some other things to get done tonight. But I am really tempted. I will be riding tomorrow into work, as I have to be able to make it to the far south end of town for my Motorcycle Safety course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back