• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Throttle Lock?

I have the omicruize. It seems to work best if I increase throttle just a bit as I roll the lock on.
I have trouble making myself screw it down tight enough.

I bought the o ring, but it doesn't hold the throttle open. Did you tighten down the gap between the throttle and the bar end?

I bought the o ring, but it doesn't hold the throttle open. Did you tighten down the gap between the throttle and the bar end?

I think it's hit or miss on different bikes. I've used this method on many bikes, but a few months ago was my first time trying on the NC700x and it didn't work well for me either.

I vaguely recall a trick to use two of them? Have one sitting in there all the time, then roll the 2nd over when you want to lock the throttle. Might work.

Am I the only one here that just built my own?

I built mine out of a wire coat hanger and some silicone tape for grip. It was practically free, easy to use, has never slipped once I had it adjusted properly, and makes those 400km stretches of strait Saskatchewan roads much more enjoyable to ride.

Am I the only one here that just built my own?

I built mine out of a wire coat hanger and some silicone tape for grip. It was practically free, easy to use, has never slipped once I had it adjusted properly, and makes those 400km stretches of strait Saskatchewan roads much more enjoyable to ride.

I can't see the pics you posted ;)

Yah Yah pics or it didn't happen...
TL3.jpgTL2.jpg
My phone sure does take nice pictures of the gravel in the background...

Its just a piece of wire folded in half and twisted then bent into shape and covered by that stretchy self-sealing tape, it works brilliantly.

You push it on with your thumb, I wish I added a second thumb tab to dis-engage it without rolling off the throttle.

I bought the o-ring, but it doesn't hold the throttle open. Did you tighten down the gap between the throttle and the bar end?

I had the same problem with the o-ring. It holds just enough for me to lose 5mph on flat ground in 5 or 6 seconds...not even long enough to shake it out my hand good. I gave up on it and ordered the Go Cruise that [url="http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/10934-throttle-lock-post158063.html#post158063]L.B.S. recommended earlier[/url]. I'm anxious to try it. I was adjusting my CrampBuster last week at a red light and it fell off. I had to circle back to get out of the road and someone had already ran over it. I loved that, but now I get to try something new.

Back