• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That'd be it. I plan to run them all from the front master cylinder. The Mark 1 Human Being connected to my right hand already has a brake pressure computer and controller built-in.

My bike is an ABS model. Probably you already know it but, FYI, it runs 2 pistons from the hand lever and the other one from the pedal in combination with the rear, so there are two hoses comming to the front brake. I like the ABS, but hate that combined thing. I have plans to modify in some way the hoses to have the hand lever pressuring the 3 pistons and left the pedal only for the rear, so I will follow with interest your progress here

I brought mine home for the first time Saturday. I took delivery on a standard tranny version from one of the local dealers (they say they've been here selling bikes since 1948, which darn near makes them as old as me!) and spent a couple of hours taking the scenic route route home. The scenic route is the one that's about 90 or so miles astray from the direct path home...

My bike is an ABS model. Probably you already know it but, FYI, it runs 2 pistons from the hand lever and the other one from the pedal in combination with the rear, so there are two hoses comming to the front brake. I like the ABS, but hate that combined thing. I have plans to modify in some way the hoses to have the hand lever pressuring the 3 pistons and left the pedal only for the rear, so I will follow with interest your progress here

Honda has many versions of "Combined ABS" in the market. In their marketing descriptions of the various systems they cite the need for a sport bike to respond differently from a Gold Wing or a scooter. The 'net is full of people who have read the description of one system and believe that it applies to every Honda Combined ABS system, which it does not. I got lambasted by someone on another site for even thinking of modifying the system because it was "brake by wire" and the two human inputs were only "suggestions to the computer". The system he was describing was the electronic combined ABS system that Honda uses on the high level sport bikes. That is not what we have on the NC. The main way to tell is that the plumbing to the two calipers on the electronic system is one hose to each vs. two hoses to the NC front caliper. Without falling into the trap of hearing one system description and applying it to all, I have not seen a thorough (technical, not marketing) description of how our particular system operates. Since I don't have ABS, I am not worrying about the modification that I am undertaking, but if I did have ABS, I would have the same desire as you to eliminate the combined functionality. The way I would test it is to block the hose to the center piston with a blind banjo bolt and cover the connection to the center piston to prevent dirt getting in it. Then I would carefully road test it in limited traction unpaved roads) to assure that front and rear ABS functionality was still correct with the disconnected front hose. If I was happy with the result after careful testing, I would leave it that way for an extended in-use test. If I was still happy, I would attach a second hose to the front through the ABS controller. From a plumbing point of view, it would involve plugging the original port and putting a double banjo bolt on the front caliper with a short hose looping to the second front caliper connection point; or, making a double front connection to the ABS controller and using the existing parallel front hose. The second option may be easier to restore, if needed.

Two other considerations: There is a delay valve in the front and a proportioning valve in the rear. The delay valve would automatically be out-of-service if you plumbed it as I described. The rear proportional valve would have to be taken out of the circuit. It has no purpose without the front connection.

On mine, I am simply running two hoses from the front master cylinder. One to each hose connection on the caliper.

New bike, Ex love. Paid a visit to my ex bike today after farkling up my new bike.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348405507.715957.jpg

Also went for a ride...
2012-09-23111703_zpse989a57d.jpg

birthdayride004_zpsa88c4a90.jpg
1348454039_zps80975e6e.jpg
1348453917_zps694341c8.jpg

Last edited:
I installed new horns on my NC700X and my Victory. Now, hopefully other vehicles won't think the road runner is loose on the freeway when I have to honk!

I installed a pair of Grab On grip covers on my NC700X today. My hands and wrists give me a great deal of pain after even 30 miles or so. I have arthritis in both hands. I have hi hopes these covers will at least a little bit. They do increase the diameter of the grip quite a bit. Some riders may not feel comfortable with that. I'm going try them out today and we'll see if they make any difference. I think they may help with my carpel tunnel as well. I'll report back after my trial run.

I installed a pair of Grab On grip covers on my NC700X today. My hands and wrists give me a great deal of pain after even 30 miles or so. I have arthritis in both hands. I have hi hopes these covers will at least a little bit. They do increase the diameter of the grip quite a bit. Some riders may not feel comfortable with that. I'm going try them out today and we'll see if they make any difference. I think they may help with my carpel tunnel as well. I'll report back after my trial run.

I am sure they will help. I have the same issues and I have used them for years. I have a set on my NC over heated grips. I have found that some heat on the grips is helpful for arthritis pain even when it is not that cold out.

Yesterday I put 150 miles on my NC. Took a nice little stroll from Friendswood TX down to Freeport TX. Was a nice little 4 hour outing and get to stretch her legs out a little on the open road.

I installed new horns on my NC700X and my Victory. Now, hopefully other vehicles won't think the road runner is loose on the freeway when I have to honk!

Hmmm, I just wondered....
For someone from Texas telling that the horns got mounted, can that be the honky horns or the ones usually fond in the front of the cars over there?
I guess that you are taking the loop of the 610 and honk all you can to the cagers? :)

Got my "recalled" chain replaced yesterday. So today, I got to ride it to work. Who Hoooo!! Also got my Honda tall windscreen yesterday. Will mount that this weekend.:cool:

Last edited:
Lubed my chain at 03:52 in the morning during a lull at work. Then this afternoon I had to patch up a small nick in the cover of the pillion seat which looked at though it might have been made by a cats claw

I rode it 190 miles and got the adjustable National Cycle Wind Deflector set up right for me. Now I need to find a piece of flexible acrylic to make a small wind deflector for the back side of the instrument pod.

Added stuff to my bars

First I added the things I needed to my bars. From left to right:
12v Power Outlet
RAM iPhone mount
Faceshield Washer (the tennis ball)
RAM camera mount

Then I had to go for a "test ride" to see how it all worked, of course...

Attachments

• BTW's Dashboard.jpg
    BTW's Dashboard.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 396
Rode about 425 miles in the pouring rain yesterday to visit with family in DFW, so today I cleaned/lubed the chain and then gave her a bath. She earned it.

Bike did great yesterday in the rain -- no issues at all, and it was really coming down pretty much the whole time. Only got 54 mpg on the way up fighting the headwind and wet roads, but the Bandit I just traded would've probably done around 38 mpg in those conditions, so I'll take it. The storage area didn't leak a drop either.

Really loving getting to know this bike. With ~600 miles on it now I can tell it's starting to loosen up and smooth out.

trey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back