• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the 600 mile service. Filter was damn tight, and three wrenches kept slipping. Finally the Autozone guys idea of drilling a hole and using the screw driver worked. Initially was worried about the metal shavings (which is normal) I was in the oil pan, but later realized that it came from my drilling. It took about 2oz more than 2.6Qt though, may be due to my shaking of the bike with filter and drain plug off.

Did notice couple of things, my battery strap was not connected, second head of the lower fairing screw is almost stripped, which i thought is strange for a screw to strip after first use.

I did the same thing on Saturday (first 600 mile service) and yep, that filter was crazy tight. I had to use a big pair of channel locks to get it off.

WGW

A few thoughts:

1) I have used thin rubber sheet under a filter strap wrench before to provide some traction on difficult filters. In a pinch, a rubber glove can work for this.

2) My battery strap was not connected either. It is a bit difficult to do and I figured the $7 per hour teenager that my Honda dealer probably employed to set up my bike went into Attention Deficit Disorder mode before he got it connected.

3) Were you using ball-end wrenches on these bolts? With a button head screw, the hex is not very deep and a ball-end will not make full contact. I have buggered a few and now only use straight cut hex keys for these kind of bolts.

1. I tried using a piece of bicycle tube and get it out as it was too thick i guess.
2. Exactly my thoughts
3. I used T-Handle hex wrench, and I have never seen a bolt head strip like this on any of my prior Japanese bikes

Paducah, Ky to Santa Rosa, NM. Stock seat, but I stand on the pegs a lot. The rostra cruise helps a lot. Honda tall wind screen, (it could be bigger), Honda bags, heated grips, ( they work great), light mount and twisted throttle minny lights.

You da man. :D

Paducah, Ky to Santa Rosa, NM. Stock seat, but I stand on the pegs a lot. The rostra cruise helps a lot. Honda tall wind screen, (it could be bigger), Honda bags, heated grips, ( they work great), light mount and twisted throttle minny lights.

Your a tough cookie!

Details please! Real cruise control is nice.

Tough cookie and tushie! Wow. I have yet to go on a really long trip, but I look forward to it. Stock seat and all ;P

I just went over 500 miles taking a short joy ride at lunch today! The weather is perfect for riding right now here in Texas!

Well, 600 Mile service and new chain due to the recall. BTW...I had a DID Japan Chain. They replaced it. Whatever....

Wow! That's a nice ride. I did manage to get caught in a thunderstorm in Friendswood yesterday when the Weather Channel said 0% chance of rain. Texas...

Installed my new Puig touring windshield yesterday. Improved over the factory, but still not tall enough for me. Still, it's nice not to get rocked going 70mph. I was almost 85 yesterday and didn't even know it, the ride was a lot smoother.

Well, 600 Mile service and new chain due to the recall. BTW...I had a DID Japan Chain. They replaced it. Whatever....

ACTUALLY...they said my chain was fine. My VIN was within the range but my chain was the correct chain.

Mine is a DID Japan chain, I'm in no hurry to take it in and get crossed off the list. I have not received ANYTHING from Honda concerning this recall, have you? No e-mail or phone call from the dealer, no letter from Honda...nothing. I guess they have become as dependent on internet information as we have! Ha!

Installed the feet wind deflectors, the dealer was quickly delivering them, just one day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back