• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20140825_090837261.jpg

600mi service. You guys weren't lyin'; that filter was a booger to get off. Even using the tool part of the metal was still sheared off.

Oil was in great shape; clear, deep amber with no fuel odors or milkiness. Running Honda dino for a while longer (3k?) before going to synthetic.

Keep us posted with your overall thoughts when it's done!

I finished oil change and valve inspection and adjustment in 5 hours...I took my time. I watched the video that is in Youtube and followed the service manual directions. Next will be change of tires and probably chain and sprockets depending on condition.

Last edited:
Your chain should go around 20,000 miles + !!!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be really happy if this is the case, but I'm not counting on it, lol. I'm only somewhere in the 12,000 KM total mileage, and haven't had to adjust it yet, despite massive neglect. It's been my experience with chains, that they aren't linear in their wear. Once you start to have to adjust them, they seem to begin the accelerated decline, and never last as long to the end lifespan, as from new to first adjustment period.

I would maybe be a bit surprised if the chain wears out on me in within another 12K km's, but not completely miffed. If it lasts up to 30,000-ish km's, I would be more than ok with that. With the little mileage I'm totalling up, that probably wouldn't be for another two or three years at least! :eek:

I just changed my stock chain and sprockets at 18,500 miles.The front sprocket was very worn the rear was still in great shape and the chain had tight spots but could have gone atleast another 1,000 miles.I ABUSED my chain with 3,000+ miles of heavy duty offroad in temps as high as 111 degrees for extended periods of time .
a6fedab9161d72adf5dfbe2463f40eab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_20140825_090837261.jpg

600mi service. You guys weren't lyin'; that filter was a booger to get off. Even using the tool part of the metal was still sheared off.

Oil was in great shape; clear, deep amber with no fuel odors or milkiness. Running Honda dino for a while longer (3k?) before going to synthetic.

That's why I don't even bother anymore. I stick a screwdriver through it and rotate it out.

I would be really happy if this is the case, but I'm not counting on it, lol. I'm only somewhere in the 12,000 KM total mileage, and haven't had to adjust it yet, despite massive neglect. It's been my experience with chains, that they aren't linear in their wear. Once you start to have to adjust them, they seem to begin the accelerated decline, and never last as long to the end lifespan, as from new to first adjustment period.

I would maybe be a bit surprised if the chain wears out on me in within another 12K km's, but not completely miffed. If it lasts up to 30,000-ish km's, I would be more than ok with that. With the little mileage I'm totalling up, that probably wouldn't be for another two or three years at least! :eek:

That's where mine was. I had to make my first adjustment at 11k miles (bike was making a clunking noise when the clutch would be let out from slow speeds and you could hear the chain hit the swing arm).

At 11,800 miles, it needs adjustment again.

Bottom line: It gets new chain and sprockets at around the 12k mark -- a little later as I gotta assemble the rest of my "service" parts, but you get the idea.

I used the traditional spin-on filter hand tightening so I figure future removals will be easier. I hope.

That's all I ever do as well. Each and every time I go to remove it, it's impossible. It's been 4 times now.

Last time I just didn't even try, smacked a screwdriver through it, drained it, and used the screwdriver as the lever to turn the filter off.

bamamate

Replaced the stock mirrors with doubletake

Let me how the mirrors work on the bike, vibration? I have them on my DS bikes and they are great for the dirt.

Nice! Did you get the wheels and tires off ebay? I had been eye balling a set on there for a while. Just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger though.

Yes I got them off ebay. I've been watching prices for a while which are ridiculous in my opinion for used rims...........Saw these, and got them for $500 shipped which seemed like a good deal considering they came with good tires.

I'll give my opinion on the DoubleTake mirrors after I've used them a while. Initial impression was good on a short ride today but we shall see long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back