• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally switched out the grab handles and installed the rear rack, then installed the Givi Traffic tail box I had from my last bike.
Now that I've done it, I could probably do it again in half the time if not less.
There was a slight alignment issue between the new handle and the rack mount, it is plastic so a few minutes with a round file got it to where I could get everything loosely bolted, then all was good once tightened up.

Installed Danmoto Jisu with baffle. Sounds like I hoped it would, nice deep tone and not obnoxious or too loud. Appears that Danmoto changed the design of the baffle a little. The one I received looked different then others I have seen, it has a metal cylinder covering the baffle (should have took a pic before I installed it). I did have to file a few of the welds down to get the baffle installed, but that only took a couple minutes. Overall install was very easy (hardest part was keeping the rubber on the tie down strap). Also installed a frame mounted helmet lock, so I can keep the frunk storage for other items.

Also installed a frame mounted helmet lock, so I can keep the frunk storage for other items.

Did you already try the helmet doodad in the toolbag? Loops around that bit under the pillion, through the helmet buckle. Helmet held snugly against pillion.

My danmoto just shipped. Waiting as it trundles across the ocean...

Installed a Comagination S75H4 headlight modulator. 5 minute install and works fine.

Not to the bike yet, but ordered some supplies.
Ron Ayers was running a banner that said free shipping on orders >= $89, so I bought two oil filters, an air filter, 4qts of the GN4 dino for 600mi service, and 4qts of HP4S synthetic for the next oil change.

Did the math and with the free shipping the RA order delivered to my doorstep was 29.8% less than at the local stealer. If free shipping were not available on this order it would still have been 19.76% less than the stealer. My nearest Honda shop is about 20mi away and I work weird hours, so I might mail order it even if the price were the same.

Last week I put one these ATV seat pads on.(20.00 Walmart).I see them a lot on the adv fourm.I cut some of the front off and so far it seems to help.the squares help displace my weight,and no sliding forward and it also serves as a zipper guard on the lower part of frunk.

Can you post a pic of it on your bike?

I put on some Givi PL1111 racks in preparation of my back ordered Tusk panniers.

Can't wait! (But I'll have to...(sad face goes here))

Did you already try the helmet doodad in the toolbag? Loops around that bit under the pillion, through the helmet buckle. Helmet held snugly against pillion.

I took a 4 ft Kryptonite cable and loop it through my chin bar and back under the pillon seat for a helmet lock.

I took a 4 ft Kryptonite cable and loop it through my chin bar and back under the pillon seat for a helmet lock.
I do the same,but I use the cable that came with the bike and a gun cable lock.the helmet sits on the seat and givi boxes so it dosent dangle.

Tried the cable thingy that came with the bike a few times and then used a cable gun lock a few times. I decided the frame mounted helmet lock was for me. Quick and easy to use and I don't have to pull out a cable or lock each time. Its small enough you don't even know its on the bike unless you are looking for it. Congrats on the Danmoto, I think they sound perfect on the NC's.

I put on one of those Crampbuster things today; much easier to hold throttle on my long commute.
Seems like the grips are a small diameter but I think it's a misperception on my part.

Hi Jason,

Tell me more about your headlight modulator. Did you have to remove a lot of plastic to get in to where you needed to be for the install? What did the wiring involve? Is there a sensor to shut off the modulator at night?

Thanks,

Rich

Hi Jason,

Tell me more about your headlight modulator. Did you have to remove a lot of plastic to get in to where you needed to be for the install? What did the wiring involve? Is there a sensor to shut off the modulator at night?

Thanks,

Rich

Rich, hate to hijack your question but here are some threads about modulators:

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/2449-headlight-modulators-anyone.html
http://nc700-forum.com/forum/garage-mechanical-help/2668-headlight-modulator-install.html
http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/4359-signal-dynamics-headlight-modulator.html

This is a topic we should add to the FAQ. Quick answer is I installed mine without removing any plastic. Law requires that the headlight not modulate at night, so all models come with ambient light sensors.

Did you have to remove a lot of plastic to get in to where you needed to be for the install? What did the wiring involve? Is there a sensor to shut off the modulator at night?

I didn't have to remove anything but my arms on the slender side. Couldn't quite get to it from the top so I went in from the bottom in the gap between the forks under the headlight. Bigger guys might want to enlist a thinner-armed person to plug it in for them.

No wiring to be done; just pull the original plug out the back of the headlamp assembly and plug in the modulator. Reattach the original plug into the other end of the modulator and you're done with wiring. :)

The light sensor is a thin black thing. I ran mine up the brake line and used the (provided) black ziptie to hold it in place. Discreet and unobtrusive. I gathered up the excess wiring length and ziptied it up to keep it tidy and hidden.

I am a hardware moron and had zero trouble. Very happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back