• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I did the 16000 miles service.....
Chain and sprockets, brake fluid, air filter, sub-harness, oil and filter, valve adj. cooling system drain and flush. Busy day for sure................... Waiting for my tires to come in...

Well I haven't installed it yet but I bought a Aprillia Tunuo rear shock for mine today.
ze5a8yra.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today the Yoshimura R-77 slip-on came in the mail. I picked it up from IndySuperBikes for somewhere around $350 shipped I think. I went with Stainless steel and a Carbon tip.

Personally, I think it looks great. It's a little throatier than stock and not overly loud by any stretch of the imagination -- sounds a lot deeper than a Leo Vince, for instance. Weight wise, it's MAYBE a pound lighter than stock, not much lighter at all.

yoshi.jpg

Attachments

• yosh.jpg
    yosh.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 516
Last edited:
Installed my new top box

Installed my top box. I thought maybe it was too small but I think the 55 version would have been too big. This holds my Shoei Quest and my Jacket and seems like it will hold 2 bags of groceries. The helmet which is a small will not fit in upright like they show in their ads. That's okay because I usually chain it to the bike anyway. Haven't tested it on the road yet.

P1040252sm.jpgP1040253sm.jpgP1040256sm.jpg

Soupy's Performance lowering links and adjustable kickstand

Installed Soupy's Performance lowering links and adjustable side stand. Installation wasn't too bad since I already have the center stand installed. My first task was marking my garage door with the stock height of the headlight beam. I don't plan to drop the front until I get a chance to take a few test rides. I am hoping that pushing the rake out will stabilize the bike a little. This remains to be seen and I'll be riding carefully until I get a feel for the changes.

The adjustable links went in pretty easily, and were just a little longer than the stock bars, so I only needed to raise the back wheel a little to slide the bolts through. I used a short 1"x3" beam and a small 2"x4" block of wood wedged under the tire to raise the wheel. Just hammer the wedge forward until the bolt slides freely. The end links of the Soupy's links are sunken so you have to use a socket to tighten the bolts.

The side stand was a pain in the @$$! The position sensor switch didn't want to turn on the bolt, and I couldn't get the little tang on the switch to line up and engage the small hole in the new stand. I eventually got it freed up enough to be able to hold the switch from rotating with a screwdriver while tightening the through bolt. The Soupy's stand seems pretty loose after installation, like it needs some shims to take up the slack. Hopefully this will not be an issue and the springs will keep it still.

Before I installed the new links, I removed my seat slope mod (3/4" furniture bumpers) expecting the rear drop to level the seat. On my first test ride I felt like the seat height was OK, but the seat slope was like stock...bad. I reinstalled the slope mod, but then the seat height felt like it was only down to the stock height, which wasn't going to be enough, so I pulled the links out (I wanted to make sure they were still the same length) and extended them another 1/4" or so. The seat height feels really good now. Both feet firmly on the ground in riding boots. The headlight aim had to come down a few inches. It's REALLY hard to put on the center stand now, but possible. The back tires is about 3" off the ground. (Yeah, I know CTX700 center stand...) :)

I haven't had a chance to take another test ride with the last changes, and I'm hoping the weather with clear enough tomorrow. If I don't like the way it handles, I'll just raise it until I'm happy.

Installed Soupy's Performance lowering links and adjustable side stand. The Soupy's stand seems pretty loose after installation, like it needs some shims to take up the slack. Hopefully this will not be an issue and the springs will keep it still.

Mine is not loose but dealer installed it so I don't know if they added washers or shims. If you want I can take a picture of how it's mounted.

(Yeah, I know CTX700 center stand...)

Or NC700s center stand. That's what I have.

I replaced my chain for the second time and replaced the sprockets for the first time yesterday. After taking the old sprockets off and comparing them to the new ones going on, I could see that the old front sprocket was just barely beginning to show some wear, but the rear sprocket still looked the same as the new one. Color me impressed with the durability of these things!

What a ride! - Part II

I got a chance to make a couple adjustments to the Soupy's lowering links and get a good ride under my belt.

Once I felt like I had found the best setting, I decided the best place to test the new setup was to make a run up the mountain in the Shenandoah Valley. If anyone is familiar with Hwy 211 near Sperryville, VA, you know this is a great ride! My trip up the east side was brisk, but relatively sane, just making sure nothing unusual was going to happen, and nothing was going to rub. I intentionally took a couple turns with more lean than necessary, just to test everything. Felt really great!

** Police and MSF members can stop reading now **

At the turn around at the bottom of the west face, I was waiting for a small group of bikes to pass, and figured I would use this opportunity too see how bad they would leave me behind. The group included a Yamaha Virago, a Buell, a classic CB500 Super Sport (you old guys remember them, right?) , and they were led by a CB650F and FZR600. They were all riding in the right lane, so I just assumed (correctly) they they were out touring, so I decided to pass them in the left lane. But, as I passed the first four bikes, the two leader jumped in front of me, and the others fell in behind. OK, this is cool. I'll stick with you guys until it gets crazy, then I'll pull out of line and let you go. However, I soon decided they were still going too slow, so I pulled out and made the pass. The two sport bikes took exception, and gave chase. Were they just playing with me now? I don't think so. I was carving some pretty tight turns, at what felt like supersonic speed (I was close to the limiter in third gear, so it really wasn't THAT fast.) But, it wasn't until the last corner that the FZR powered past on the inside. I impressed myself, and I'm sure I impressed all of them as well. This NC is capable of some pretty sporty riding once you get all the ergonomics worked out.

The Soupy's Performance lowering links really transformed this bike for me. It no longer feels like I'm riding on top of a tall dirt bike, or a cruiser (when I had it lowered too far.) The handlebars fall right, the pegs are a little high, but that's the sacrifice I make for corning clearance. It still won't replace my CBR for all out mountain blasts, but it certainly can keep up with more capable bikes. :cool:

Finally got a day cool enough to install the Givi engine guards, the right side took about twice as long as the left.
I also managed to scratch up the case a bit on the right side getting the bolts out of a small bracket that was in the way.
First scratch accomplishment: completed. :)

I'm glad you guys like the light. I bought three more for my atv and my son's TW200. More light output for less wattage and hopefully a lot longer life.
I forgot to add to this thread, that I installed a Tutoro oiler which I love and have ground off a few more onces of Dales skid plate. How to get more ground clearance is becoming a high priority nowadays.

I'm glad you guys like the light. I bought three more for my atv and my son's TW200. More light output for less wattage and hopefully a lot longer life.
I forgot to add to this thread, that I installed a Tutoro oiler which I love and have ground off a few more onces of Dales skid plate. How to get more ground clearance is becoming a high priority nowadays.

I thought the HID on my F800ST lit up retroreflective signs/paint/stickers! This LED makes everything glow like they are all lit with bright lights from behind! :eek: :eek: I came up to a pedestrian crosswalk with two stickman walking figure signs, and honest to heaven thought they were lighted. "Boy those signs are bright, they must have some pretty powerful wattage inside those puppies!" Then I realized it was my LED making them glow all radioactive-like!

I can't say I am uber impressed with the NCX's stock beam pattern or projection, and IMHO the LED doesn't really improve upon it, but it does make the light itself much more noticable to others I think, without being obnoxious to oncoming traffic. I also prefer the higher contrast cool white to dull yellow.

The highbeam is weird. It doesn't seem to throw the light any further out, but in a strange likeable happenstance for me personally, it acts like an even better low beam when it's on high...

Two nice patches light up directly left and right, behind the throw of the low beam pattern. Since I have no intention of bombing around at high speed at night, but got my NC to go slow, off in the unlit boonies, I'm very glad it's not a pencil beam out to the horizon, with sucky darkness right in front of me. :D

This morning I checked my valves for the 3rd time (26,561 miles) and all was well. Tweaked the inner exhaust and intake valves on #1 just to get them smack dab in the middle of spec, but they were within spec. While I was at it I drained my coolant completely and refilled that.

14876588455_b66175867d_b.jpg

Next up was to swap out my PR4 with ~7500 miles on it for a fresh Pirelli Angel GT for my Colorado trip in a couple weeks. The PR4 might have made it just fine, but I'd rather not worry about it. I'll re-mount it when I burn up this Pirelli.

14878125235_1d67fe1a67_c.jpg

Took it for a spin to make sure I didn't screw anything up, got a some groceries, filled up with gas. Should be good to go for a long while!

trey

Replaced my chain and sprockets today at 18,800 miles.The rear sprocket had hardly any wear but the front was very worn.I went with a 15/43 combo and a D.I.D chain
pugary3a.jpg

First I used a grinder to flat end a pin on the old chain and pressed it out .
ytatu9an.jpg

Then after I cut the new chain to length I pressed the plates together with well greased O rings.
zehydybu.jpg

Then I pressed/squished the rivets .
9atejy7y.jpg

The finished product
5u9y7yju.jpg

First day I have had to work on the beast! Parts arrived all week.... Got the Rox risers on, bark busters VPS done, kisan pathblazer and tailblazer done, battery tender wired in, dzell radiator guard on, side case panels on, fenda extender yet to go and light bar still in route. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back