• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also had no issue removing the bolts to the bar ends when I installed the OEM heated grips. The key is to use the right phillips (JS2 type I think) bit, along with a ratchet wrench. Same way to tighten with red thread lock and torque wrench.

I also had no issue removing the bolts to the bar ends when I installed the OEM heated grips. The key is to use the right phillips (JS2 type I think) bit, along with a ratchet wrench. Same way to tighten with red thread lock and torque wrench.

Not to be too picky but red "loctite" might be over kill and not the best choice:

Loctite® Threadlocker Red 271™ is designed for the permanent locking and sealing of threaded fasteners. The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces. It protects threads from rust and corrosion and prevents loosening from shock and vibration. It is only removable once cured by heating up parts to 500°F (260°C).

Blue might be a better choice:

Loctite® Threadlocker Blue 242® is designed for the locking and sealing of threaded fasteners which require normal disassembly with standard hand tools. The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces. It protects threads from rust and corrosion and prevents loosening from shock and vibration. Loctite® Threadlocker Blue 242® is particularly suited for applications on less active substrates such as stainless steel and plated surfaces, where disassembly is required for servicing.

Installed first subset of painted plastic body parts. Will take some more time to finish the big part of it.
ph1_1.jpg

ph1_4.jpg

Not to be too picky but red "loctite" might be over kill and not the best choice:

Loctite® Threadlocker Red 271™ is designed for the permanent locking and sealing of threaded fasteners. The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces. It protects threads from rust and corrosion and prevents loosening from shock and vibration. It is only removable once cured by heating up parts to 500°F (260°C).

Blue might be a better choice:

Loctite® Threadlocker Blue 242® is designed for the locking and sealing of threaded fasteners which require normal disassembly with standard hand tools. The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces. It protects threads from rust and corrosion and prevents loosening from shock and vibration. Loctite® Threadlocker Blue 242® is particularly suited for applications on less active substrates such as stainless steel and plated surfaces, where disassembly is required for servicing.

I totally agree with you on that. However, I believe, the manual calls for using red locktite on the bar ends. I, however, did end up using blue locktite.

Installed Givi windshield, saddle bag and top box mounts, Givi E360N saddle bags and E460N top box, Givi engine guards. Now I am ready to ride. I
Had heated handgrips installed and center stand. Almost forgot I installed the ducktail, fender extender. Heated hand grips are great. Will post pictures as soon as I can. Very happy NC700x owner.

I totally agree with you on that. However, I believe, the manual calls for using red locktite on the bar ends. I, however, did end up using blue locktite.

Agree blue is good on a used bolt.............but being too picky again the shop manual points out use a new bolt each time.........that use pre-coated with a factory thread locker. Not likely for us DIY technicians and likely not followed in many dealers???????????

Installed new bolt for centerstand spring to replace the first one that broke first time I used it. That was fun. Do those engineers take college courses in how to make things more interesting to install for DIYers?

Agree blue is good on a used bolt.............but being too picky again the shop manual points out use a new bolt each time.........that use pre-coated with a factory thread locker. Not likely for us DIY technicians and likely not followed in many dealers???????????

most of the time we will reuse the bolts, if not damaged, honda says they should be replaced, because of liability, would be bad if no locktite was used, and it came of and threw someones windshield. most customers would not think of putting locktite on this bolt. dale

Put together a poorman's helmet bluetooth. This allows me to get GPS voice promps and mp3 music wirelessly to my helmet. Cheap helmet speakers can be bought on ebay for $5 and the bloothtooth adapter that I velcro'd to the back of the helmet was about $30. I wasn't happy with the sound quality of the $5 helmet speakers, so I upgraded and they cost around $40. I'll give this a roadtest review soon. Pictures are in the gallery section and the link below is where I got the idea.
Turning your motorcycle helmet into a bluetooth helmet in under 20$ guide - YouTube

You know how you sit in the interrogation room waiting to see if you get the good cop or the bad cop? You glare at the two-way mirror wondering if you're being watched. Well, I speak not from experience but from watching Castle. However, this is what was on my mind as I cruised the sun and shadowed curves through Sunol Regional Wilderness. I tried out my new mirrored visor. I had grown tired of squishing sunglasses in my helmet. I was disappointed that the inside of the visor reflected nearly as much as the mirrored outside. I presume wearing polarized glasses would reduce or eliminate this reflection, but that defeats the purpose of the cool visor! I may have to try a new helmet with the retractable solar visor. The new noise canceling earbuds worked very well. Completely eliminated the helmet wind noise, likely through a combination of isolation and electronic sound canceling. Great day for G's and 70+MPG!

You know how you sit in the interrogation room waiting to see if you get the good cop or the bad cop? You glare at the two-way mirror wondering if you're being watched. Well, I speak not from experience but from watching Castle. However, this is what was on my mind as I cruised the sun and shadowed curves through Sunol Regional Wilderness. I tried out my new mirrored visor. I had grown tired of squishing sunglasses in my helmet. I was disappointed that the inside of the visor reflected nearly as much as the mirrored outside. I presume wearing polarized glasses would reduce or eliminate this reflection, but that defeats the purpose of the cool visor! I may have to try a new helmet with the retractable solar visor. The new noise canceling earbuds worked very well. Completely eliminated the helmet wind noise, likely through a combination of isolation and electronic sound canceling. Great day for G's and 70+MPG!

I have found using polarized glasses on a motorcycle to be a very bad idea. There are visual anomalies, especially around water or wet pavement, that I find distracting. And I especially can't deal with two polarized lenses interacting. However, I am very sensitive to bright light and have been known to use both a dark shield and sunglasses. But neither are polarized. I am also not a fan of the mirrored visors - especially after they get some age and use on them.

Beemerphile I agree on every word.

I will add that I've found the most effective sunlight solution to be the tinted safety glasses that you get at the hardware store for $1-2. The arms are flat, they're shatterproof and if you scratch them, you're out $2 max.

My helmet has a retractable solar shield. Love it. Come around a curve directly into the sun, flip it down, then go into the shade behind a hill, flip it up. Wouldn't have helmet without it now that I have it.

My helmet has a retractable solar shield. Love it. Come around a curve directly into the sun, flip it down, then go into the shade behind a hill, flip it up. Wouldn't have helmet without it now that I have it.

I have had two of those - a Schuberth and a Caberg. Though I love the visor feature, neither helmet felt as protective and comfortable as my long-trusted Arais. I very much wanted the Schuberth to work, but my head isn't "built" for it. It was a wonderfully built helmet with bluetooth in the collar. But Arai is one of the few helmet manufacturers that understands heads come in different shapes as well as different circumferences.

I have a Scorpion EXO-1100 that has a retractable sun visor and I LOVE IT! However, this helmet will not fit in the frunk. I have a GIVI 52L on the back so no worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back