• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hopped on it this morning in full rain suit and rode it 35 miles to work, in the rain and dark. I love this bike.

Fitted my R&G radiator guard.

vhsrjn.jpg

inbcat.jpg

We were blessed with perfect weather in SE Texas, so I got out for a 220 mile ride. Actually got a little sunburned. The NC performed flawlessly and averaged 74.8 mpg! My highest mpg so far. The Puig windshield and the helmet bluetooth worked very well too.

Last edited:
Billy budd i just wanted to say i have the same color.the pic with the desert looking background and the way the sun hits the bike it looks sweet.very nice.

Did my first oil change, managed not to drop anything into the oil catch pan, a first for me. I also installed my Fleabay hugger. I still need to adjust it some, but there is plenty of room around it.

20130215_113051_zpsebacc67d.jpg

20130215_113040_zps2552b5c5.jpg

20130215_113126_zps8d4863d0.jpg

Finally got my oh so slow rear tire leak fixed.

[video=youtube;U0j65zmX4pk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0j65zmX4pk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Popped the ole wheel off:
wgwgoldwing-albums-misc-nc700x-stuff-picture2792-tc2.jpg

Used my tire changer to break the bead:
wgwgoldwing-albums-misc-nc700x-stuff-picture2791-tc1.jpg

And gave the beads a light coat of the good stuff:
wgwgoldwing-albums-misc-picture2778-beadsealer.jpg

Happiness is...tires that hold air. :cool:

WGW

Is there a story behind the leak? A bead leak is very uncommon on a bile that is so new.

I've had a slow leak since I got the bike last year. I've just been topping it off before each ride. I thought maybe it was temperature fluctuations, but the front was always perfect and if it was a temperature change they should both loose a few PSI. I couldn't find any foreign objects in it so I assumed it was a bead or valve leak. After reading a thread in the "Tire Tech Talk" section I finally hunted for the cause. I've owned a number of bikes, have always changed my own tires and never encountered a bead leak. It is really odd that 3 or 4 other NCX owners have had bead leaks too. I thought maybe I'd find a defect in the rim or tire, but everything looks normal. So, bead sealer to the rescue.

Here's a link to the other thread started by duk2n back in August 2012:

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/tire-tech-talk/484-pressure-drop.html

WGW

wgwgoldwing , what brand is your tire changer, I have been looking today but have not come accross that one. looks like a good one. BigE

wgwgoldwing , what brand is your tire changer, I have been looking today but have not come accross that one. looks like a good one. BigE

Well, don't laugh, but it's from Harbor Freight. Here's a link:

Portable Tire Changer

For $40, it's been a great investment. The top piece is specific for motorcycle tires and I think it was another $40, but I don't see it on their page. I've probably dismounted 2 or 3 dozen tires with this thing and it just keeps on working. I ran some anchors into the floor so that I can bolt it down when I use it. Dirtbikes, supermoto, goldwing, crusier, sportbike, tubed, tubeless, and even truck tires, no problem.

WGW

Well, don't laugh, but it's from Harbor Freight. Here's a link:

Portable Tire Changer

For $40, it's been a great investment. The top piece is specific for motorcycle tires and I think it was another $40, but I don't see it on their page. I've probably dismounted 2 or 3 dozen tires with this thing and it just keeps on working. I ran some anchors into the floor so that I can bolt it down when I use it. Dirtbikes, supermoto, goldwing, crusier, sportbike, tubed, tubeless, and even truck tires, no problem.

WGW

Seriously, a Goldwing tire? Have you done it? I was paying a guy $20 to change my GL1800 rear tire, and he darn near destroyed his expensive No-Mar machine. After that I went to a guy with a truly professional machine and it did the Goldwing tire, no sweat. If I knew for sure I could do it with with the HF unit, I'd buy one.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back