• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel bad for everyone in the cold weather. No really, I do. Rode about 100 miles on country roads today. It was mid 70's with lots of sun. Have a 200 mile ride planned for tomorrow.

I feel bad for everyone in the cold weather. No really, I do. Rode about 100 miles on country roads today. It was mid 70's with lots of sun. Have a 200 mile ride planned for tomorrow.

No worries, mate. I will feel bad for you when Texas is 105*F and too much sun!

Greg

Cold only bothers me when I'm on a leisurely ride and the temps drops dramatically. If I'm riding to work, I have my heated gear on and stay toasty! My fuel mileage takes a big hit in the cold weather though.
I drove my 12 mpg cage 26 miles last night, so I could drive another 200 miles after a twelve hour shift to get my boys. Now that sucks! 4 hours sleep and go back to work another twelve.
One day driving the cage cost more than 1 1/2 months of commuting on the NCX.

Cold only bothers me when I'm on a leisurely ride and the temps drops dramatically. If I'm riding to work, I have my heated gear on and stay toasty! My fuel mileage takes a big hit in the cold weather though.
I drove my 12 mpg cage 26 miles last night, so I could drive another 200 miles after a twelve hour shift to get my boys. Now that sucks! 4 hours sleep and go back to work another twelve.
One day driving the cage cost more than 1 1/2 months of commuting on the NCX.

The temp here in Ottawa is in the -20 to -40 Cs (-4 to -40 F), and the roads are icy...how is it in Missouri, since we are at similar latitudes...maybe I should get the heated gears too !!!

We had a rain today on they way to pick up my boys. Black ice on the road and about 20 cages demolished.
Glad I was aware of the road conditions. I didn't check the temps since the heater in my cage is like plasma.

Installed the barkbusters hand guards with storm covers (twisted throttle part number BB.BHG.48.SBK). I was concerned they might not work on the DCT due to parking brake, but they fit fine. The clearance from the tall windshield at full lock turn is only about 1/2", but fit is fit. The included hardware allowed installation while leaving the handlebar weights in place. I then took a short ride with my daughter. The "helmet morse code" was a bit irritating but fun to share the sights and sounds,

Got out for a 216 mile adventure today. The weather was perfect, high around 75, and the roads were AWESOME. The NC did fantastic, except for the seat, and I even washed it for the first time after the ride. What a peach to wash...it only took about 45 minutes!!! I took this poor quality vid on the last good road before getting home. This is my first and last attempt at taking vids this way!
bois de arc - YouTube

Last edited:
I finished my http://http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/1574-seat-mod-slope-change-5.html#post21615.
I also oiled my first motorcycle chain. Do you guys clean you chain every time you lubricate it? I was planning to do lubricate weekly and clean monthly.

I don't clean mine every time. If I ride in rain or dirt, it gets cleaned though.

Installed fender extender and Admore flashing break/tail/turn bar. One day I’ll figure out how I can always turn a 1 hour job into 3+ hours.

I do the same thing! It took me longer to decide when to mount my connectors than it took to add my lights.

I learned that I hate trim clips! I broke two before I figured them out. I hope they are cheap. I hate the way this bike's body work is put together. I began my day tearing the bike down for the sub-harness-accessory-heated-relay-grip installation. I took a lot of work figuring out how to get it all apart even with the service manual. After breaking the clip I was careful not to force anything which slowed me way down. My hole saw was too course which made the bit jump and scar the outer frunk wall. I ended up drilling some holes and using a circular rasp to get the correct size. Next hurdle came with the throttle cables. Having never removed them before, I was sure I was going to damage them. YouTube support was ineffective. I finally made it through. Heated grips work fine but the accessory socket does not. I'll troubleshoot that another day. I put my tall windscreen on and then tried replacing the body work. Again I had to learn how to use the trim clip in reverse. Had 3 bolts left over when I was done so I guess that makes me a master mechanic! I was too tired and cold to figure out where they belonged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back