• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Collected a shelf and door for the kitchen- rode home with one strapped front and back (of me, not the bike!)
Always had a soft spot for the Ninja Turtles.

Got a call that the Honda tall wind screen finally arrived! I bought it with the bike so install was included. I wrote the 25 miles to the dealer off freeway. I took samples with my left hand to remind myself where the wind hit me. Right in the middle of the face shield (I'm 6'2"). At speeds over 45 MPH, the rush of wind seemed to start to pull my helmet up and off! After twenty minutes at the dealer I was back on the road (with the stock screen in the frunk). Honestly I immediately missed the unobstructed view the small screen originally offered. The new screen did provide far more protection. I jumped on the freeway and hit, well, lets say the speed limit, yeah that's it. The air swept up and over my head. No more helmet lift. However, even when backing down to 45 after returning to the frontage roads, the wind noise seemed much greater. My guess is while the wind now whips up and over my head, it forms eddy currents as it passes over, rather than gets cut by my helmet. Oh well, next will be a test switching from foamy Hearos to noise canceling earbuds. Still a fun day as is any on a bike!

Last edited:
Got a call that the Honda tall wind screen finally arrived! I bought it with the bike so install was included. I wrote the 25 miles to the dealer off freeway. I took samples with my left hand to remind myself where the wind hit me. Right in the middle of the face shield (I'm 6'2"). At speeds over 45 MPH, the rush of wind seemed to start to pull my helmet up and off! After twenty minutes at the dealer I was back on the road (with the stock screen in the frunk). Honestly I immediately missed the unobstructed view the small screen originally offered. The new screen did provide far more protection. I jumped on the freeway and hit, well, lets say the speed limit, yeah that's it. The air swept up and over my head. No more helmet lift. However, even when backing down to 45 after returning to the frontage roads, the wind noise seemed much greater. My guess is while the wind now whips up and over my head, it forms eddy currents as it passes over, rather than gets cut by my helmet. Oh well, next will be a test switching from foamy Hearos to noise canceling earbuds. Still a fun day as is any on a bike!

Good luck...these are the most effective and the most comfortable ear plugs I have found.
Highest Blocking Moldable Ear Plugs

Did the seat slope mod, Pulled the light bar off and painted it black, just didn't like the look of it silver.
Figured out the hand guards I bought aren't going to work, was trying to save some money and bought some generic ones. Will have to pony up for the ones made for the bike. There is just too much in the way to mount the others.
And went for a ride!!!

Figured out the hand guards I bought aren't going to work, was trying to save some money and bought some generic ones. Will have to pony up for the ones made for the bike. There is just too much in the way to mount the others.

Don't give up. Which guards did you buy? Most of the universal kits just require you to use a spacer to move the mount out a bit to clear the MC and clutch adjustment wheel.

Here are some posts:

About halfway down I posted pics of my spacers - http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-...did-you-do-your-nc700-today-36.html#post18418

And starting with post # 29 - http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/520-another-possible-scource-handguards-2.html

Good luck!

trey

Good luck...these are the most effective and the most comfortable ear plugs I have found.

I looked at this Web site for these earplugs. I'm sold. Among the testimonials was this one that says it all:

{ "I ride a Harley" }
"I absolutely love your ear plugs. I ride a Harley and I won't use anything else.~~~~"
Claude Mathis--USA---May 26, 2012

Rode it home from the previous owner's place.

20 miles in the rain, fog, and dark at 35 degrees. But man, what a sweet ride! Slipped on some ice on my driveway and spun the rear wheel a bit, and I am amazed at how easily the bike balances. I have a 30" inseam and was worried about the height of the bike, but it is simple and very approachable.

Thrilled with the purchase. :)

Chris

Craig,
Thanks for sharing. I think I'm also sold on these. I've been looking for good (inexpensive) earplugs for a while but to no avail. I've been using the Hearos plugs from the Honda store that seem to do a decent job for me but not my daughter. My daughter (who rides with me regularly as a passenger) uses the disposable foam ones I bought from Academy. She struggles to get them in her ear correctly (the ladies version and pink). Hopefully these will be easier and much quieter. I ordered the 6 pair pack.

Ron

fitted Philips Motorcycle Xtreme Vision H4 light bulb and oiled the chain

Welcome to the Forum, kedzis :)

Please keep us up to date if you can, how long your headlight bulb lasts.

Unfortunately I have never had a brighter bulb (ie: $$$) last me very long, before going kaput. :(

My last Phillips Xtreme only lasted about a week! (not on the NCX though)

Last edited:
I added a Bruudt rad guard to the bike and posted a pic in the Mods section. Very nice bit of German engineering that adds some nice purposeful bling to my naked S :)

I added the Omni cruise to my bike and the type that can (within 15 seconds) be transferred to another bike. I'm working on a friends '07 Shadow Sabre 1100 and just test it on that bike. This is nicely machined, powder coated and just simply works!

With a little help from Beemerphile with wire colors (thanks again buddy) I was able to install my brake flasher in the area below the taillight where the reflector sets. The biggest problem was knowing which bolts released which parts. If you decide to get one of these low cost flashers from Strobes N' More (got mine 3 days after my order) and you don't have a manual, contact me and I will share all the things that I learned by spit balling my way through. It's hard to tell from the video but the thing is wildly bright and I suspect will get the attention of anyone coming up behind me.

[video=youtube;2QyV9zA4R7Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2QyV9zA4R7Y[/video]

[video=youtube;EkNrdMZvi7g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EkNrdMZvi7g[/video]

Last edited:
1. I added 5mm rubber spacers on the front seat bottom to take the slop out of the mount and increase the slope.
2. Added strobe brake light to tail with on/off switch under seat.
3. Tightened coolant hoses, all Hondas I've owned were too loose for me.
4. Hard wired GPS power, Battery Tender lead, and cig. lighter.
5. Replaced steel exhaust hangar bolts with stainless steel and antiseize, they broke off my St-1300.
6. Installed factory larger windscreen with frame.
7. Installed Twisted Throttle luggage rack.
8. Installed fenda extender
9. Put antiseize on steel lower bodywork bolts, chain adjuster threads, (experience again.)
10. Added 10mm spacer to front fork springs to increase rider suspension sag to 2".

Remaining:
Rad guard ?
Make attractive mud flap to protect shock. Huggers too expensive.

Waiting for winter to pass......

Last edited:
Just brought him home from the dealer...Waiting for the weather to have some mercy soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back