• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Riding with no screen or a low screen is fine for short rides. If you start doing distance you will enjoy a dead air space and quiet air. Constant wind and wind noise will fatigue you more than you think over many hours riding

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I only commute but I'm sure you are right. I'm looking for max wind when it is 100 degrees this summer.

Riding with no screen or a low screen is fine for short rides. If you start doing distance you will enjoy a dead air space and quiet air. Constant wind and wind noise will fatigue you more than you think over many hours riding

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I've never owned a bike with a larger windscreen than my F800ST, and even with adding to it's height trying to get rid of awful buffeting, never found true comfort.

All of my longer trips to places like Mexico, Texas, Alaska, Yukon, etc., were done with little or no windshield, on smaller cc bikes (DR350, CB400T, RD350LC's CX500T and so on) and ironically, never did any real distance riding with my bigger bikes (Interceptor, GSXR1100, Katana 1100 etc.) Mind you, all my big bikes had little or no windscreens either, lol.

I've often wondered what it must be like to ride around on a Goldwing or ST1300 or Concourse, etc., with great huge screens. Alien concept! :eek:

Just for info of L.B.S. and others, one of the best things about the Palmer brackets is that you can not only adjust but also remove your screen completely in a minute or two without tools if you opt for their manual clamping knobs (about USD16 extra cost). When I had my 700X, I got Palmer to supply me with an extra pair of screen-side brackets that I fitted to my standard small screen. This meant the changeover between touring and OE screens was a breeze. I'll be doing the same on the 750. Another neat design feature is that they have locating indents (3 for height, 3 for rake) giving you 9 pre-set positions to choose from. This means that you can easily return to preferred settings and that you don't have to hold the screen in position to stop it collapsing while you tighten the clamps up.

...I've often wondered what it must be like to ride around on a Goldwing or ST1300 or Concourse, etc., with great huge screens. Alien concept! :eek:

The Concours (ZG1000) and ST1300 are great! Especially the adjustable windshield on the ST. Don't have those bikes anymore. Too heavy for me!

The NC is also my first bike with a decent wind screen (especially now that I have the MadStad). When temperatures started going up a few weeks ago, and I switched to my new Air Intake Mesh Jacket, I initially thought the jacket didn't flow as well as my cheap AGV jacket I have been wearing for the last two years, then I realized I had no air hitting my chest to flow. I lowered my MadStad to the lowest setting and it still wasn't enough so I drill a new set of holes about 2.5" lower and I think it is about right. The bottom of the screen is just above the headlight at the lowest setting now. In the mornings when it is in the 50s I tilt the screen up to the standard 55-60 degrees, in the afternoon when it is in the 90s I drop it down and as far back as possible, probably about 45deg angle. It literally is scooping air underneath it, hitting me at about the shoulders, and with the MadStad the air is smooth, laminar flow with no turbulence. I love the adjust-ability of the screen and the clean air flow.

We will see in the summer when it gets 110+ if I want to lower it even further or just remove the screen and leave the aluminum plate or switch back to stock screen.

The Concours (ZG1000) and ST1300 are great! Especially the adjustable windshield on the ST. Don't have those bikes anymore. Too heavy for me!

As well as the FJR. My screen is 3" wider and 2" higher than stock with a reverse "flip". The electronic adjustment will raise it about another 6" or anywhere in between on the fly. It would be a difficult feature for me to give up at this point. So convenient to lower it if you want some breeze and raise it to block out just about all wind and noise. ;)

Tag1-1.jpg

Installed my new Leovince EVO II Black exhaust :D

Attachments

• 2014-04-16 18.01.24.jpg
    2014-04-16 18.01.24.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 421
  • 2014-04-16 18.01.11.jpg
    2014-04-16 18.01.11.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 446
Performed my 16k mi. (and some change) maint. yesterday. Changed the oil did the valve checks, changed the brake fluid that I didn't do at 12k. Don't think I bled the rear brake good enough as it was squishy this morning. At least the front feels great! Once I take care of bleeding the rear, I'm pretty much set for the season until I need another set of tires or the air filter replacement. Time to ride!

Installed a PR4 rear tire, did 8000 mile service, valve adj, oil, filter, etc. Installed HondaBikePro skid plate I got from eBay (waterblckjon), dual fiam round freeway blaster horns, and added some accent lighting.

uhade7eq.jpg

asajeqa7.jpg

era5a4ar.jpg

I think I am almost done with farkles...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Installed a PR4 rear tire, did 8000 mile service, valve adj, oil, filter, etc. Installed HondaBikePro skid plate I got from eBay (waterblckjon), dual fiam round freeway blaster horns, and added some accent lighting.

uhade7eq.jpg

asajeqa7.jpg

era5a4ar.jpg

I think I am almost done with farkles...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

No your not. !!!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back