• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Shinko 705's en route!

That's not available yet, said July in post and I wanted to get both on now. Mine is the 130/80-17 and unfortunately I was unable to get it to seat on the rim today. I have a compressor that goes to 120lbs but I couldn't get the bead to expand enough to catch the sides of the rim. Any suggestions would be more than welcome.

Tie a rope around the center of the tread, tighten it and force the sidewalls out a bit more as you're airing up.

They are available now,there are several people on ADVrider with them.
I was thinking about trying one but I'm going to stick with the TKC front,they are the same price and sometimes cheaper and I can can over 10,000 miles out of it.I have found that a 705 rear,TKC front works pretty darn good.

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

That's not available yet, said July in post and I wanted to get both on now. Mine is the 130/80-17 and unfortunately I was unable to get it to seat on the rim today. I have a compressor that goes to 120lbs but I couldn't get the bead to expand enough to catch the sides of the rim. Any suggestions would be more than welcome.

Did you have the valve core in or out ??.
If you take out the core you get a bigger rush of air and that will sometimes seat the bead.

Did you have the valve core in or out ??.
If you take out the core you get a bigger rush of air and that will sometimes seat the bead.
Also before I mount a tire I put a few 5-6" pieces of 2x4 between the beads and leave them in out in the sun or in the house for a couple of days to spread the bead apart.

Tie a rope around the center of the tread, tighten it and force the sidewalls out a bit more as you're airing up.[/QUOTE
The 705 is really stiff and doesn't really flex much. I just tried that and it doesn't want to come down enough to contact all the way around. Maybe this is an older tire and that accounts for the stiffness. I am probably headed for a tube.

Tie a rope around the center of the tread, tighten it and force the sidewalls out a bit more as you're airing up.[/QUOTE
The 705 is really stiff and doesn't really flex much. I just tried that and it doesn't want to come down enough to contact all the way around. Maybe this is an older tire and that accounts for the stiffness. I am probably headed for a tube.

Before you do a tube,take the tire off and put something between the beads all the way around and leave it in a warm place for several days.This will spread the beads and after several days in a warm place the beads will stay out and you should have no problems seating them.

Before you do a tube,take the tire off and put something between the beads all the way around and leave it in a warm place for several days.This will spread the beads and after several days in a warm place the beads will stay out and you should have no problems seating them.

I am a lazy bastard, so I have pulled one side up and used the rim to hold up the 2x4 blocks. I plan to leave it in the car tomorrow and hope that will do the stretch. With my luck it'll be one of the 3 cloudy days of the year here. Then I have to pre-stretch the rear tire, if it gets in tomorrow like it's supposed to. This is my primary transportation so I have to get this done ASAP.

Last edited:
I am a lazy bastard, so I have pulled one side up and used the rim to hold up the 2x4 blocks. I plan to leave it in the car tomorrow and hope that will do the stretch. With my luck it'll be one of the 3 cloudy days of the year here. Then I have to pre-stretch the rear tire, if it gets in tomorrow like it's supposed to.

Hey that's s great compromise,that should work.

Linking these posts together because the info can be helpful if your looking at 705.

Post # 69 in this link shows Shinko 705 now available in NC sizes.

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/tire-tech-talk/4984-tires-fit-nc700-7.html

The 705 120/70R-17 front I just installed is marked TUBELESS.

It appears the Bike Bandit site is offering more choices of the 705 than other retailers.
Some retailers do show the front tire for the NC.

Bike bandit just sent me an email, letting me know the tubeless 120-70-17 was in stock, so I ordered a set.

I use a ratchet strap around the center of the tire. Has worked multiple times to get the bead close enough to the rim to seat.

Took me a bit of time to understand "around the center=circumference" and my trusty racheting tie-down got'er done. Thanks for the suggestion. Got them mounted, a few scratches were a reasonable price to pay. The handling difference was scary. It seemed so easy to change direction compared to the the OEM Metzlers.

IMG_1010.jpg

Last edited:
anybody receive a 120/70-17 front yet

I ordered the tubeless 120/70-17 on 5/22 when Bike Bandit sent a email stating the tire was in stock. When I checked the oder status, it said back ordered. I have no idea when it will arrive. Hopefully other resellers add the tubeless front in the future.

Back