• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SHAD Comfort Seat

If I could just move my belly fat to my backside, I could save a lot of money and be comfortable. But since I can't, I just ordered one of these fine seats. Boy, am I looking forward to this upgrade !

Called and talked to them today. Shipment got held up a few days in customs. They are expected within the next couple of days at their facility.

What discount code are you referring too ? Did I miss that along the way here ? With shipping, I paid $400 smackers ! My butt says it's worth it , but that's quite a discount .
Logo doesn't bug me at all. I ordered one and applied the discount code for a total of $341.10. I'll post up a review when I get some time on it which wont take long as I have a 72 mile commute, lol.

What discount code are you referring too ? Did I miss that along the way here ? With shipping, I paid $400 smackers ! My butt says it's worth it , but that's quite a discount .

1st 25 orders received a discount. the code was on the order page when active.

Well, that's my fault then. Day late and a dollar short as they say. But, on the bright side, my seat will be delivered thursday of this week. My butt feels relieved just knowing that. This forum certainly has been a great help to me in deciding what mods will work best in my situation. I'm really looking forward to tailoring the bike to my needs and my achy old bod. My hat's off to all that participate . Thank You.

Here's the latest. Looks like some confusion on their part as far as when they will actually come in. This latest info contradicts what I was told over the phone:

Dear Leroy,

We just received confirmation that our order of NC700 Comfort Seats have shipped from factory. They have been shipped by FEDEX International Priority, we expect to receive these on Friday the 24th. Our shipping department is on standby to make sure your order is shipped out the same day. You can expect to receive your SHAD Comfort Seat between Monday and Tuesday. Tracking numbers supplied will be traceable on Friday afternoon.

We thank you for your patience and apologize for the slight delay in getting your order shipped. We pushed as hard as we could to get the first batch shipped to us, however seeing this is just recently launched product it was out of our control.

We thank you for your business.

SHAD USA Co.

I think I misread the info they sent me. Not their fault. Closer reading shows the UPS tracking label has been made. Mine showed that the seats would arrive at Shad on the 23rd, not at my house. Sorry about my mistake. At least we know they are going to ship out rapidly and that's ok with me. Again, sorry for the confusion. I'm pretty good at such things as I get older. At least that's the excuse I'm using for now.
Here's the latest. Looks like some confusion on their part as far as when they will actually come in. This latest info contradicts what I was told over the phone:

Last edited:
My neighbor has an FZ8 and ordered a shad seat, he said is major improvement over stock seat! Very supportive and very comfortable. Sent me to this link:
Anyone purchased the Shad Seats? Vid inside - Page 2 - Yamaha FZ8 Forums - International FZ8 Motorcycle Community Forum

Looking to buy the seat for my NC but the code for discount does not work on the shad site, call the distributor and full stock will be available in two weeks, only the first 25 orders arrive on Friday. Anyone canceling the order or want to sell their shad seat? I have a long trip next week with my wife and really want the shad seat.

Just to think that Mother Honda could design and build the DCT, but not the seat..... Sheeeeeeeeeesh..... How much more would it take ...???? Amazing!

To be fair to Honda, and other manufacturers for that matter, they have to design their seats
to work with every combination of butt shape and rider weight out there. Really an
impossible task to please everybody when you think about it.

To be fair to Honda, and other manufacturers for that matter, they have to design their seats
to work with every combination of butt shape and rider weight out there. Really an
impossible task to please everybody when you think about it.

I think the Honda engineers missed the mark by a mile with this bike's seat! I don't think I've seen any compliments on it, only an occasional person willing to say it's ok or that it's tolerable! Hardly high praise! Maybe they had the junior designers working on it? Their forte is likely mechanics and not ergonomics by and large!

You maybe right in what you say,,,butt a badly designed seat is badly designed,,no if or butt,s ...Honda missed a trick here,this bike is a first class working bike not some race rep.From the off it should be comfy...Rant over..

Any differences between '12 and '13 NC700X's

Would this seat fit the 2013? Their site lists 2012...

I am not aware of any differences that Honda made to the 2013 as compared to the 2012, except raise the list price of the manual model and reduce the list price of the DCT model!
Go for the Shad, it will probably be a tremendous improvement in comfort.

I got an e-mail from Shad saying they would be getting their first shipment on Friday the 24. They would then turn right around and ship them out to waiting customers. They said mine would arrive Next Tuesday.

I assume that if they are getting them today, it will be quite amazing if they can do same-day turn around and get them out by the end of the day. BUT if they do, I imagine the online tracking would not show this until very late tonight or tomorrow.

Back