• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What's anyone using for a better seat on a '20 NC750X?

FIRE UP

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Folks,
Well, you've all helped me get to this point with many of the mods and or alterations to my super fun '20 NC750X DCT. As some of you that own a '20 and earlier NC, the seat, while a nicely done seat from Honda, it has the issue of causing the rider to eek forward until the "boys" are scrunched up against the backside of the frunk. Soooo, with all that being said, for those of you in the U.S., who's maybe done some changing to an aftermarket seat or set of seats? As usual, I scope out youtube and there seams to be some nice ones available on the other side of the pond. If you take a look at the very first section of this video, you'll see what I would consider to be the ULTIMATE seat for an NC. This fella is really lucky to have that made for him. Man, does it look comfy or what?

The NC seat, as in '20 and earlier, is not a complicated seat like a Goldwing etc. So, a reasonably talented upholsterer *should* be able to at least augment the padding/foam/gel etc. and maybe even still use the factory vinyl. If they can't use the factory vinyl, then come up with something that maybe resembles the factory looking vinyl. I see that a company called "Shad" was offering some seats but to the best of my searching, I'm not finding that they are making replacement seats for a '20 and earlier. What say all you NC experts, ideas?
Scott

It is very difficult to look at a seat and know that it would be comfortable for me. To me, that seat in the video apparently fixed the forward slope, but it is too wide at the front for my taste. It is also not possible to know the foam density or the intended rider weight by simply looking at an unladen seat. It’s “just another seat” until I tried it out in person.

I tried 7 seats on my 2012 NC, including the original. I custom ordered the foam density and did final shaping of the foam on the final version myself based on what I had learned from the first 6 seats.

People could respond to the thread recommending any of a dozen aftermarket seats, but what works for one rider may not work for another. Also, there are already many, many, many past threads on seats, so I won’t bother to list again the seats I tried and what I thought of them.

I have a Shad that came with my 2013 and I don't care for it. The foam is very soft and at first it is very soft but after time if crushes down and hot spots form under my sit bones. I removed it and tried the Corbin that also came with the bike. I like it and can ride it all day. Corbins are hard seats and don't have much give to them. The comfort comes from the shape supports my legs and butt, probably by spreading my weight over a larger area.

If you wanted to try the 2014 - 2020 NC75X seat Shad you can order it from here. I'm not sure they still sell it in the USA.

Az előző Nc ülését szakemberrel végeztettem. Súly, popsi forma és + zselés betét figyelembevételével. Egy másik dimenzió. Nincs fájdalom, utazás, vibráció, és nem akadályozza a versenyszerű kanyarodást.
Hamarosan hozom nekik is az új Nc-t!IMG_20190929_152244.jpg

Az előző Nc ülését szakemberrel végeztettem. Súly, popsi forma és + zselés betét figyelembevételével. Egy másik dimenzió. Nincs fájdalom, utazás, vibráció, és nem akadályozza a versenyszerű kanyarodást.
Hamarosan hozom nekik is az új Nc-t!View attachment 52276
Szép moci, tetszenek a részletek... A Tommot kb 50.000 HUF volt, jól gondolom ? Köszi !

Szép moci, tetszenek a részletek... A Tommot kb 50.000 HUF volt, jól gondolom ? Köszi !
Kösz! A 2020-as Nc750Xd jelenlegi ára 120 000 ft. Az első ülés formázott, zselésített, új 2 színű bevonattal és csak hátsó bevonattal

I bit the bullet and sold my soul for a Corbin. After trying a few other options, I realized that selling a kidney on the black market was better than losing the feeling to my junk after 20 minutes. I can’t say it will solve all of your problems but it was worth it to me in the end.

Hey Folks,
Well, you've all helped me get to this point with many of the mods and or alterations to my super fun '20 NC750X DCT. As some of you that own a '20 and earlier NC, the seat, while a nicely done seat from Honda, it has the issue of causing the rider to eek forward until the "boys" are scrunched up against the backside of the frunk. Soooo, with all that being said, for those of you in the U.S., who's maybe done some changing to an aftermarket seat or set of seats? As usual, I scope out youtube and there seams to be some nice ones available on the other side of the pond. If you take a look at the very first section of this video, you'll see what I would consider to be the ULTIMATE seat for an NC. This fella is really lucky to have that made for him. Man, does it look comfy or what?

The NC seat, as in '20 and earlier, is not a complicated seat like a Goldwing etc. So, a reasonably talented upholsterer *should* be able to at least augment the padding/foam/gel etc. and maybe even still use the factory vinyl. If they can't use the factory vinyl, then come up with something that maybe resembles the factory looking vinyl. I see that a company called "Shad" was offering some seats but to the best of my searching, I'm not finding that they are making replacement seats for a '20 and earlier. What say all you NC experts, ideas?
Scott

I don't know about the 750x. I haven't really looked at replacing the seats completely on my 2012 700x. Instead I'm going to have the seats reworked. Seems a more cost effective option to me instead of completely replacing them and the replacements maybe not being to my needs. I will have mine raised about 3 inches and a hump made on both the pillion and riders seats to avoid the sliding forward issues. Also having the pillion seat widened for better pillion comfort.

Back