• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Picked up a hitch hicker on the NC

Thangmorian

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I was just minding my business on my home from buying groceries for the week for my family of 6 (it all fit in the frunk no problem. Its like a TARDIS). When a bug flew straight into my zipper/neck area. It was hot so the zip was down a bit. I didnt think anything of it. Happens all the time. I never find them. So I didnt give it a second thought. Not until I got home and took my jacket off. I felt the unmistakable scratch of bug legs UNDER my shirt. Thinking it was a Japanese Beetle or a June bug or something I just reached up and plucked it out. Well I knew something was off as soon as I touched it. It was gargantuan! I instinctively plucked it out threw it at the table my wife was at, knowing that at 5'2" and 105# she would be the best source of proctection abvailable to me in my forthcoming battle with what was obviously something of Mothra proportions. But it wasn't to bee (have you seen the pic yet?did you see what I did there?) It just calmly flew over to a bottle of fizzy water and started to clean ny fear off of its antena. After a brief photoshoot it flew at mach speeds straight into the triple window in the dining room where it had no problem latching its pincers (wasps have pinchers right? And stingers? And flame throwers? Right?) onto the glass. It then proceded to stare longingly at our side yard for some less pathetic prey. Well at least until the cat came over and ate it. [emoji2] Here's a pic of the beast in all its inky malevolence.

uploadfromtaptalk1441124514313.jpg

I can relate completely! I had a swarm of hornets fly into my jacket when I was in college. I was on a Kawi 750 Vulcan at the time and almost lost it. I got stung several times but survived.

I only have two multi-legged beastie encounters to tell in all my years riding, and one of them wasn't me, but my buddy, heh heh.

Was riding in Washington State on my '80 CB400T and despite being completely decked out in a fully zipped up set of racing leathers, boots, gloves, full face helmet, I was forced to pull over and do the jumping around, frantic clothes removal, slapping at self lunatic dance on the side of the road, lol

A wasp had hit me right in the only exposed place, my frigging jugular. Then proceeded to spitefully sting me for all it was worth all the way down inside my jacket, only stopping my pants waistline.

If that wasn't bad enough, the throttle pull cable promptly snapped, as I was gingerly trying to leave the scene of the injustice. I had to swap the push cable over to the pull side of the carb rack spool. This meant for my entire trip home, the throttle was backwards. Let me tell you, it nearly did me in. Operating the gas backwards, was infinitely more difficult to wrap my brain and years of riding experience around, than I could have ever imagined!

Other story took place in Dallas, I think. Might have been Houston, can't remember now. Buddy and I are riding our bikes down to Galveston from Canada. Brutally hot. (for us) We split on Motel 6 room with air conditioning. (lol, I think the cost per double bed room back then was something like 18 dollars, and we could barely, grudgingly, scrape up the cash, hahaha :eek:)

I put my helmet on the chair, and he set his on top of the floor mounted air con unit. We leave the next morning, and about twenty yards out of the Motel lot, he suddenly starts spazzing and shaking his helmet, swerving about, and generally acting like he's having a seizure of some kind. He pulls over, rips his helmet off, and is slapping at his head. Helmet now falls of the bike, rolls down into the dirt, lol.

Ants! Auuugh! They're biting me! Auuugh! *slap* Get them off! *slap slap* Auugh!

I was in tears and could barely keep my bike upright long enough to put the side stand down.

Some kind of tiny, bitey red ants had filled up his helmet during the night, while it was sitting on the air conditioner lol lol

I've not come across anything like that here but in Turkey I have.
we were riding on a 125 scooter as always when on hols.
we rode through a swarm of bees and we only had short's and 'T' shirts on and did not get stung once!
just lucky I guess.

Back