• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bought a new truck!

Great looking truck and I've heard nothing but good things about that 3L diesel in those trucks. Buddy pulled a huge bass boat from Indiana to Northern MN last year and got great mileage from it.

I couldn't image being without a truck to be honest, I'm still driving my old Avalanche... 2011 but in such great shape I can't justify trading it in! And it rides really good as well, no leaf springs on these.
1714685910549.png

P.S. You'll love those "saddle bags" on the Dodge, my Avalance has had those from the beginning. Amazing what I can put in there and not have it in the cab or the box. Bungies, ratchet straps, receiver hitch, gloves, collapsible cooler, etc.

Great looking truck and I've heard nothing but good things about that 3L diesel in those trucks. Buddy pulled a huge bass boat from Indiana to Northern MN last year and got great mileage from it.

I couldn't image being without a truck to be honest, I'm still driving my old Avalanche... 2011 but in such great shape I can't justify trading it in! And it rides really good as well, no leaf springs on these.
View attachment 54030

P.S. You'll love those "saddle bags" on the Dodge, my Avalance has had those from the beginning. Amazing what I can put in there and not have it in the cab or the box. Bungies, ratchet straps, receiver hitch, gloves, collapsible cooler, etc.
That is a very well cared for vehicle. As @the Ferret knows, I appreciate a well maintained vehicle...with doors or without.

MY22 makes that the 3rd-generation of that VM Motori diesel, doesn't it? I know they made some changes to try to address the very poor durability of the earlier generation(s) of that engine. Hopefully they got them mostly sorted. Check for open (and completed) recalls. They recalled ~~60,000 vehicles with those engines for bad fuel pumps in late 2022, and I _believe_ that included the 3rd-gen version of the engine (or maybe it was _only_ for the 3rd gens).

I thought they (these VM Motori diesels) drove pretty nice when I tried 'em, so if they got the durability problems worked out for gen3, it should be a good pickup for you.

Was that a dig? :rolleyes: I'll have you know I washed my NC before it was serviced a couple weeks ago, so it got its yearly bath early this year. ;)
More a friendly jab than a dig.

You know what? No. It was a dig. You should clean your bike, Mickey. It’s disgusting.

Tongue in cheek of course.

MY22 makes that the 3rd-generation of that VM Motori diesel, doesn't it? I know they made some changes to try to address the very poor durability of the earlier generation(s) of that engine. Hopefully they got them mostly sorted. Check for open (and completed) recalls. They recalled ~~60,000 vehicles with those engines for bad fuel pumps in late 2022, and I _believe_ that included the 3rd-gen version of the engine (or maybe it was _only_ for the 3rd gens).

I thought they (these VM Motori diesels) drove pretty nice when I tried 'em, so if they got the durability problems worked out for gen3, it should be a good pickup for you.
Yup. This is a 2022 and it had the whole shebang replaced, lines, pump, etc. My understanding of the gen 3 is that it was nearly incomparable to previous generations and has great reliability. But, someone I know who knows a lot about these engines (former GM engineer…now working on AI for self driving vehicles) does insist that 7500 is too long of an oil change interval for this engine when not used primarily for highway driving. Obviously I can’t attest to any long term reliability, but I can say it is pleasure to drive. Reviews (professional and consumer) on the engine give me a lot of optimism. There are not a lot of problems reported on the ram forums. The good news is I negotiated for a bumper to bumper Mopar warranty (no additional cost to me) that goes for 54 months 75K and the CPO warranty kicks in for the drivetrain for an additional 12 months after that to 100K.

Back