• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hit a new animal yesterday

Gigs

Reaction score
Visit site
I was riding home last night and a buzzard flew out in front of me and went through my wind screen, hit me in the head then died. I only have a swollen lip thank to my RF1400. I did not go down and eventually finished my ride home. Very shaken up. So always wear your helmet riders. Birds suck and are way heavier than you think.

Attachments

• IMG_2938.jpeg
    IMG_2938.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2939.jpeg
    IMG_2939.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2940.jpeg
    IMG_2940.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2941.jpeg
    IMG_2941.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2942.jpeg
    IMG_2942.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 51
Get that helmet checked out to make sure it’s still road worthy. I think Shoei has this service for free. Glad you’re not seriously hurt.

Glad you made it, hope you can wash that helmet thoroughly!

I took a bird to the hand guard at night once. I know my hand would have been shattered without it, but I'm not rocking them right now...

you really have to admire something that can stick it's head into the guts of a road killed skunk that has been laying in the sun for 3 days.
When I was piloting gliders I would seek buzzards out because they are big and easy to see circling in thermals, columns of warm rising air, that lift them and a glider up into the atmosphere. They and other soaring birds can stay aloft for hours and cover many miles with hardly a flap of their broad wings. I came home from a day of soaring and remarked to my wife and mother in law how I felt a kinship with this particular buzzard that shared a thermal for an extended period of time with me as we climbed nearly 5000 feet together. It was the best day soaring ever because that bird showed me how to “core” that thermal and maximize the lift. My MIL looked at my wife and said “something is not right with him.”

Last edited:
I was riding home last night and a buzzard flew out in front of me and went through my wind screen, hit me in the head then died. I only have a swollen lip thank to my RF1400. I did not go down and eventually finished my ride home. Very shaken up. So always wear your helmet riders. Birds suck and are way heavier than you think.
Just think if you were wearing a half helmet and on a naked bike. I was wearing a 3/4 helmet last week and a huge flying bug hit me hard on the face shield. Many years ago, something flying hit me in the eye, and it almost knocked me out.

Just think if you were wearing a half helmet and on a naked bike. I was wearing a 3/4 helmet last week and a huge flying bug hit me hard on the face shield. Many years ago, something flying hit me in the eye, and it almost knocked me out.
When my dad rode he was hit in the chest with a June bug and he thought he’d been shot. After that he started wearing a helmet and then gave up riding altogether.

When my dad rode he was hit in the chest with a June bug and he thought he’d been shot. After that he started wearing a helmet and then gave up riding altogether.
I had a sparrow hit my shin one day, cried like a baby. :)

Glad you're OK! Always good to be reminded of why we have to gear up ( even though I dislike it ) - your incident probably would have ended WAY worse without...

Glad you're OK! Always good to be reminded of why we have to gear up ( even though I dislike it ) - your incident probably would have ended WAY worse without...
Many years ago, it was T shirt, tennis shoes, jeans, and no helmet (for many years). A bug hit me in the eye one time but that's it...............just lucky. Not to mention going through my small-town main street at 2AM at a hundred MPH and a lot of drag racing.:rolleyes:

Years ago I was riding with my jacket open and just a T-shirt underneath. My chest was covered in bruises from all the flies.

Back