• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New, and a buying question

cornbiker

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been shopping for a bit and it looks like the NC700/750x platform is going to be my next bike. I was hoping that the Hornet/Transalp that was recently announced in the EU would be coming to the states, but it looks like that may not happen....? (correct me if I'm wrong here)

So, I'm seriously considering 2 choices:

1) 2016 NC700x DCT, it's got a few thousand miles on it and a couple of upgrades (luggage, seat, grip covers, wind screen). It's not in my state so I'd have to get it shipped to me. I like the color scheme better than the newer ones. The price is a little over half of what the newer bikes cost. I'm ok with the older spec, as I'm looking for more of a utilitarian ride anyway.

2) 2021-22 old stock or 2023 NC750X DCT, obviously zero or low miles (so I get the break-in period, etc), obvious it's the latest/greatest with more CC's and other upgrades, only 2 real color choices which don't move the needle much ('21/22 - red, '23 - blue), retail price once said & done is probably going to be north of $10k.

Main purpose for the bike is around town, fair weather commuting, and short/medium road trips (eventually longer ones). I like the DCT because of current issues with my hand/arm I'm dealing with, plus I find that I enjoy riding much more without having to shift or think about shifting.

Thanks to the site owners for providing this forum so that I can pick your brains.

Welcome to the forum! Good luck with your shopping. When you have questions, just ask.

In my opinion, latest and greatest is not always best. Evaluate the changes between model years and determine if they're favorable or unfavorable for you.

Welcome. No one knows if the new Hornet and Transalp are coming to the US, but with the 700 Yamaha series and the new Suzuki 800 series, I wouldn't bet against it.

From what you sound like you are going to use it for, an older low mileage DCT model just might fit your bill without being out a ton of cash.

No one knows if the new Hornet and Transalp are coming to the US, but with the 700 Yamaha series and the new Suzuki 800 series, I wouldn't bet against it.

I've read one other comment on the interwebs that says it's coming here, but I honestly doubt it. They have a pretty well known history of not bringing bikes from other markets here, and I suspect that if they did it would eat into Africa Twin sales. Plus no DCT option would make it a non-starter.

Like Ajay I bought an NC750X 2019 with 4000kms. Great bike. The frunk is incredibly useful and the mpg is hard to beat. It’s good for crossing town or provinces/states. He’ll maybe even countries!! You’d need a Sargent seat for that though. Would have bought 2022 had it been available but the were all sold out. Most recent incarnation has lower seat height that wudda been good but I’m managing ok at 65. Might lower it as I get progressively more decrepit.

Back