• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New owner from Quebec, Canada, traded a GL1800 for a nc700x !!!

FrankQC

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, that's right...

I am a long time rider. Last three bikes were: Suzuki Volusia C50 2003 (800cc), Suzuki C90 (1500cc), Honda Goldwing GL1800 2008... You get the point, always going bigger and bigger. A couple weeks ago, I had a service bulletin (recall) for my Goldwing, so I went to my local dealer to get the fix done. While he was looking at my big bike, he gave me the key of a NC700S. He told me "take a little ride with it and come back in half an hour". Took it from the showroom, just besides the X, and gave it a try. After 15 minutes, I came back telling to my rep "Hey Buddy, I don't like the riding position of the S. May I try the X as well ??" Yeah, sure ! I got outside with a brand new loaded NC700X and had the fun of my life. I was leaning in the curves like I never did on my customs. Goldwing was not too bad at this, but never like this X !

When I got back (an hour later lol..) I asked the price of that little thing. I was sold, too much fun for the price. I purchased my GL1800 three years ago, thinking that my GF and kids would want to ride with me, which never happened.. So I always ended up riding solo. Don't get me wrong, the Goldwing is a great bike, and I've ridden the heck out of it, scraping its pegs every time I could ;-) Lots of power and everything. The fact is a smaller bike is another game, and I was maybe a little tired of driving a car with two wheels.

Sooo, long story short, they offered me 8000$ + a brand new NC700X for my 2008 Goldwing, which I accepted. Have I done a mistake ? I don't think so. Only time will tell. At least, it will be a lot cheaper to run and a lot more fun in the small roads I like to ride.

Anyone else from Quebec in here ?

Last edited:
Welcome aboard from sunny Florida, there are quite a few converts from bigger bikes on this forum. I was a sport bike freak who traded my hot rodded GSX-R for the NC and have loved every minute of it. Don't forget to put a pin in the members map for yourself, it gives you a good idea of where your fellow NCX'ers are.

Hi Welcome to the forum from the Uk. I would love a GL1800 however my wife can think of 25000 reasons why I shouldn't have one all of which aew £s.Yes £25000 is the price here. I had a GL1000 when they first came out and a few Gl1100s inc an Aspencade. Anyway I'm sure that you will like the X so please keep us updated on your experiances with it.

Welcome to the club! I have an 85 GL1200 also its for sale also. These little bikes are so fun, especially if you ride alone.

Having never ridden a Goldwing I don't know what you have given up. But I know you will enjoy the NC. Great story!

Salut,
commentaire intéressant!
Je viens d'acheter une NC700X 2012...j'ai tellement hâte au printemps.

Haha, SebasQC, c'est original ;) moi j'ai ma X depuis le mois d'octobre, j'ai eu le temps de rouler un peu avec avant de la remiser.. J'ai aussi fait quelques modif si tu cherches un peu sur le forum. Tu es de quel coin ?

Since that's an English forum, maybe you can PM me if you would like to chat in French.

Having never ridden a Goldwing I don't know what you have given up. But I know you will enjoy the NC. Great story!

Well, that post was about 4 months ago, but I have not ridden the X a lot since then... Maybe that screenshot will give you a hint :

2554-so-what-did-you-do-your-nc700-today-meteo2.jpg

If you get the chance to ride the 1800 you should do so. I think that it is a great experience. If I ever win the lotto my first purchase will be a house with a large garage and the second will be a GL1800

I also swapped my fully loaded 2012 Goldwing for the NC. Less worry at slow speeds (though I mastered it quite well), much more flickable (not a word in the dictionary) and best of all virtually double the gas mileage (GW - ~35MPG).

I am also really impressed by the 2:1 gas mileage between my GW and this NC. Ok, not the same 0-60 but who cares, flickability wins !

I too had a gold wing, but a 1500 in my past. Over the years I've had so many bikes. As I turned 57 I'm learning that motorcycles are to have fun! They should be easy to move around in the garage, jump on and go. They should be nimble in parking lots, and fun on the twisties. I believe the nc700x is perfect for me and I should be happy a long time.
Welcome and I wish you great times on your 700. Backinsaddle.

Back