• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Btw I had the pleasure of riding thru the Driftless area two years ago on my way to visit, Ill, IA, Wisc, No & So Dakotas. What a wonderful surprise that area was to ride in. I was on my CB 1100 though and not my NC

Hi, my name is Alex, I am 52 yo, riding different bikes for a few years, moved to the San Francisco Bay Area in 2023 with my family and recently bought 2016 NC700XD, which I like.
It would be nice to meet someone to ride together, a lot of beautiful places around.
Welcome to this great forum.

Hi, my name is Alex, I am 52 yo, riding different bikes for a few years, moved to the San Francisco Bay Area in 2023 with my family and recently bought 2016 NC700XD, which I like.
It would be nice to meet someone to ride together, a lot of beautiful places around.
Howdy Alex. Lots of big things going on with the move and a new bike! Enjoy the new bike and congratulations!

My name is Kenny. I started riding when I was 57, kind of late in finding out how wonderful this sport is, but it is never too late. I bought a Honda ST1300 when I was turning 60, joined the ST Forum, my handle there was ST460. When I was turning 70, I sold the ST and bought a Honda GL1800 Goldwing. I joined the Goldwing Forum , my handle there is GL470. Well, I am turning 75. Just bought a 2017 NC750XDCT and joined this Forum. My handle here is NC475. I recognize some of the handles here from other forums. I am looking forward to tapping into the wealth of knowledge on this site and enjoy the conversations with other members.

My name is Kenny. I started riding when I was 57, kind of late in finding out how wonderful this sport is, but it is never too late. I bought a Honda ST1300 when I was turning 60, joined the ST Forum, my handle there was ST460. When I was turning 70, I sold the ST and bought a Honda GL1800 Goldwing. I joined the Goldwing Forum , my handle there is GL470. Well, I am turning 75. Just bought a 2017 NC750XDCT and joined this Forum. My handle here is NC475. I recognize some of the handles here from other forums. I am looking forward to tapping into the wealth of knowledge on this site and enjoy the conversations with other members.
Welcome to this great site Kenny. I’m located in Victoria. I bought my NC750x in Sept. after selling my Goldwing. Took it off the road in Nov. and can’t wait for May (I’ll be 74) to get back on the road again.
Where are you located?

Howdy Kenny and welcome to the forum. Good on you at keeping riding at 75. I turn 74 in 3 months and find my 21 NC 750DCT very "user friendly". I'm sure you will as well.

007, I am in Surrey BC. The NC I bought is from Victoria, BC. You may know him. He is an retired RCMP, now he is working as an engineer. I just ordered some Givi E22 side cases for the NC. Plan to do more over nights trips this year. Weather is breaking, probably will be riding this weekend. I still have the Goldwing, taking most of the accessories off and will sell it in March.

Welcome to this great site Kenny. I’m located in Victoria. I bought my NC750x in Sept. after selling my Goldwing. Took it off the road in Nov. and can’t wait for May (I’ll be 74) to get back on the road again.
Where are you located?
Hi 007, please see my reply to you on post # 2271. Tx.

Howdy Kenny and welcome to the forum. Good on you at keeping riding at 75. I turn 74 in 3 months and find my 21 NC 750DCT very "user friendly". I'm sure you will as well.
I like user friendly. I like Honda motorcycles, but there is no model in their sports touring line-up besides the Goldwing. This 2017 NC is a little tall for me, seat height is 830mm. The new NC seat height is 800mm, that would be perfect for me. I just ordered a lowering kit to bring mine to 800mm.
You are doing quite well yourself, 74 and still riding. We call guys like us Super Seniors.

007, I am in Surrey BC. The NC I bought is from Victoria, BC. You may know him. He is an retired RCMP, now he is working as an engineer. I just ordered some Givi E22 side cases for the NC. Plan to do more over nights trips this year. Weather is breaking, probably will be riding this weekend. I still have the Goldwing, taking most of the accessories off and will sell it in March.
Welcome to the forum neighbour :)

Howdy, my name is Dusty. I'm 67 and have been riding since I was 12. I've had about 40 bikes, so too many to list. I have arthritis in my hands- particularly in my left hand, so getting a 2024 NC750X DCT seemed a good fit, and it is. The bike is an effortless joy to ride and I would definitely choose it again even without the arthritis.
Well, I almost didn't get the NC. I was concerned that even without the clutch it might still bother my hand too much just holding the grip. Fortunately, while looking over a shiny, new 750 at Temecula Motorsports in California, I ran into a 63 yo 2017 NC700X DCT rider named David. He was a wealth of information and among other things told me about a little piece of plastic called a Crampbuster. I went on to purchase the NC and two Crampbusters for both grips. I do believe these will help me immensely, especially now that the left grip has become a very comfortable perch.
I would very much like to thank David. If anyone happens to know him I would greatly appreciate if he could contact me.
Thank you

Howdy, my name is Dusty. I'm 67 and have been riding since I was 12. I've had about 40 bikes, so too many to list. I have arthritis in my hands- particularly in my left hand, so getting a 2024 NC750X DCT seemed a good fit, and it is. The bike is an effortless joy to ride and I would definitely choose it again even without the arthritis.
Well, I almost didn't get the NC. I was concerned that even without the clutch it might still bother my hand too much just holding the grip. Fortunately, while looking over a shiny, new 750 at Temecula Motorsports in California, I ran into a 63 yo 2017 NC700X DCT rider named David. He was a wealth of information and among other things told me about a little piece of plastic called a Crampbuster. I went on to purchase the NC and two Crampbusters for both grips. I do believe these will help me immensely, especially now that the left grip has become a very comfortable perch.
I would very much like to thank David. If anyone happens to know him I would greatly appreciate if he could contact me.
Thank you
Welcome, I am new too. I use Grip Puppy, a sponge overgrip, on both on my grips. They make the grip bigger around and really help to reduce hand cramps.

Thank you
Welcome to this great site Dusty. I’ve been using a cramp buster for years on my old Gold Wing and they do help. I’ve only used it on the throttle, but might be a good idea on the left side as well. You may also want to consider adding a simple manual cruise control.
Enjoy the NC.

Welcome to this great site Dusty. I’ve been using a cramp buster for years on my old Gold Wing and they do help. I’ve only used it on the throttle, but might be a good idea on the left side as well. You may also want to consider adding a simple manual cruise control.
Enjoy the NC.
Thanks NC475 & 007. I'll look into the grip puppies and manual cruise control. I have already spent hours reading most of the posts in this thread. It looks like I've landed on the right site!

Back