• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hi my name is Eric and Im an alcoholic!

Oh, wrong group

I fulfilled a childhood dream of riding a motorcycle at 45 (I rode back seat with my dad as a kid, had a scooter) and purchased in 2016 a brand new NC as my first bike. I have have ridden 52k/km since with minimal maintenance. Fun and reliable!

I did my first solo bike/camping trip last summer. I plan on doing this every summer

Im in Quebec, near Montreal.

Miguel from Colorado here. I've been a member for a couple of years now and somehow missed this new member welcome thread. Well, better late than never. Proud owner of 2014 NC700XD. First DCT bike I've ever owned. I just love this machine! It's taken me on several multi-state get-aways, on back country dirt roads, and served as an awesome commuter for me here in Denver. Can't beat the fuel consumption or the ergonomics. Oh, and the frunk! Love it!

IMG_2845.jpg

Miguel from Colorado here. I've been a member for a couple of years now and somehow missed this new member welcome thread. Well, better late than never. Proud owner of 2014 NC700XD. First DCT bike I've ever owned. I just love this machine! It's taken me on several multi-state get-aways, on back country dirt roads, and served as an awesome commuter for me here in Denver. Can't beat the fuel consumption or the ergonomics. Oh, and the frunk! Love it!

View attachment 53441
Welcome and enjoy it safely!

I'm Steve, just bought a 2018 NC750X with 2200 miles on it. I went from OK to NM to get it. I liked the style, riding position, 270 degree crank. centerstand, tubeless tires, weight and 6 speed and the idea of a frunk even though it won't hold my neotec 2.

I plan on just riding it because Im thinking it will be fun which is what I wanted. I also have a concours 14 if I need to take a longer trip and more wind protection and storage.

I have only ridden it a few blocks at the dealer as I haven't registered it yet. Looking forward to putting some miles on it. It has a Shad seat already which seems comfortable but a ride will tell.

I'm not sure that I ever posted here, but in late Sept. I picked up a lovely 2020 NC750X: 13K miles, and kitted out nicely by the previous owner. I've come to this bike from a 1985 Nighthawk 650 (81K miles), so it feels like I've stepped into the future. I love the torque, weight-distribution, and DCT, as well as the phenomenal MPG.

Attachments

• MyNC750X.jpg
    MyNC750X.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
Hi, I'm Chris and will soon be retiring/relocating to Arkansas. I was originally going to invest in a new CB500X but found a used 2015 NC700X locally. With 50+ years experience around bikes, I know how dependable a used Honda is so I jumped on the deal. Love the ride, lines, ergonomics, efficiency and will soon be traveling and camping around North America on my bike. I really want to check out South America too. Initial recce indicates the community here is well behaved and friendly. I've found some valuable insights and hope to share some of mine in the future.

Hi, I'm Chris and will soon be retiring/relocating to Arkansas. I was originally going to invest in a new CB500X but found a used 2015 NC700X locally. With 50+ years experience around bikes, I know how dependable a used Honda is so I jumped on the deal. Love the ride, lines, ergonomics, efficiency and will soon be traveling and camping around North America on my bike. I really want to check out South America too. Initial recce indicates the community here is well behaved and friendly. I've found some valuable insights and hope to share some of mine in the future.
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on finding a good used NC. I enjoy riding the roads in northwest Arkansas and the Buffalo Nat’l River area. You should have good road riding opportunities when you relocate to Arkasas.

A lot of members here have experience all the way back to 2012 NC models, so you should be able to get assistance with any questions you might have.

Hello, Lance from WI new member here. I'm here to learn about the NC750XD and decide if it is my next ride. I have ridden one for all of 5 minutes when a friend bought one last year, but I've been aware of and interested in it for years.

I currently ride a 2013 Victory Vision which has been a fantastic bike for me the past 10 years. I bought it new and I've but 45k miles on it riding all over the area here in Western WI and taking an annual week long trip to other parts of the country. Yellowstone, Sturgis, Maggie Vallley (Tail of Dragon), Bourbon county (Kentucky), Lake Superior Circle tour etc.) This year our ride was down to Texas and back covering 15 states in total in a 2600 mile loop, Talimena Byway and Nachez Trace included!

I'm at the point where even though the Vision is very nimble and easy to ride (rides like its on rails), it is still 900+ pounds and BIG. It takes up a lot of room in the garage and can be a bugger to move around the garage or push backward when riding etc. a 500lb bike sounds good to me.
I would also like to take the gravel roads and occasional forest type road when I can.

So, my concern(s) will be:
1. Protection from the elements (rider pocket)
2. Riding comfort for touring
3. Fit - 6-1 with 32" inseam

Would really love to find one near me that I could rent and ride for a day or two and put a few hundred miles on to see how it fits me and my riding style. I'm wondering if the 2018-2020 model years would fit me better than the 21+ model.

Currently in the garage:
2023 Trail 125 - Seriously fun little bike
2013 Victory Vision Tour
1983 Goldwing Interstate - torn down and being refurbished (been in the family since 83).

Last edited:
Hello, Lance from WI new member here. I'm here to learn about the NC750XD

I'm at the point where even though the Vision is very nimble and easy to ride (rides like its on rails), it is still 900+ pounds and BIG. It takes up a lot of room in the garage and can be a bugger to move around the garage or push backward when riding etc. a 500lb bike sounds good to me.
I would also like to take the gravel roads and occasional forest type road when I can.

Howdy Lance and welcome to the forum

W/ regards to question 3 I do think pre-21 would fit your stature better

Question 2 comfort for touring which I really think goes hand in hand with question 1 and protection:

Imo to make the NC touring capable you need a Madstat shield, an aftermarket seat, heated grips, Givi or Hondaline bags, and a luggage rack with trunk or dry bag

In my experience, coming off liter class + bikes since 1977, adjusting myself to the meager power output was the biggest adjustment. Sure it'll do the proverbial " 80 mph all day long" but thats not it's forte'. Again imo this is not an open road freeway bike, but a 45-60 mph back roads bike. Its a 750 ish with mid 50s hp bike. Hauling 2 up with a load while passing is not in its job description.

Since you mention an interest in the XD, the DCT model, know that it takes a little while to get used to, but once you do, you'll find it brilliant in concept and execution. One downside the DCT model cannot be bump started, it would have to be jumped.

Pushing the NC around in the garage is a revelation. Compared to my other bikes, it feels like a bicycle. The gas mileage when running under 70 mph is fantastic, but it doesnt hold a lot of gas. You'll be stopping every 150-175 miles to fill up.

The Frunk is a nice feature, but not a game changer for me. Others feel differently.

It's a very nice motorcycle as long as you realize and accept its limitations.

After 57 years of riding, 31 motorcycles, close to 800,000 miles thru all 48 lower states, 2 provinces of Canada and 5 countries in Europe, I'm glad I bought one.

Last edited:
Hello, Lance from WI new member here. I'm here to learn about the NC750XD and decide if it is my next ride. I have ridden one for all of 5 minutes when a friend bought one last year, but I've been aware of and interested in it for years.

I currently ride a 2013 Victory Vision which has been a fantastic bike for me the past 10 years. I bought it new and I've but 45k miles on it riding all over the area here in Western WI and taking an annual week long trip to other parts of the country. Yellowstone, Sturgis, Maggie Vallley (Tail of Dragon), Bourbon county (Kentucky), Lake Superior Circle tour etc.) This year our ride was down to Texas and back covering 15 states in total in a 2600 mile loop, Talimena Byway and Nachez Trace included!

Would really love to find one near me that I could rent and ride for a day or two and put a few hundred miles on to see how it fits me and my riding style. I'm wondering if the 2018-2020 model years would fit me better than the 21+ model.

Currently in the garage:
2023 Trail 125 - Seriously fun little bike
2013 Victory Vision Tour
1983 Goldwing Interstate - torn down and being refurbished (been in the family since 83).
Welcome to the forum.

For the fit of the 2018-2020 vs ‘21 and up, I think the rider triangle is the same. The 21 and up is just closer to the ground. I’m a 32” inseam and have no trouble reaching the ground on a pre ‘21.

In stock form there really is no rider pocket element protection on the NC. You need to modify it for touring, but it will still never have the calm pocket of a touring motorcycle. That said, I’m good with how I’ve modified mine for touring. I do long trips on my NC, including a 6200 mile round trip to Newfoundland from the Midwest.

Another common “sorely” needed modification to tour on the NC is a better seat than stock.

Welcome to the forum.

For the fit of the 2018-2020 vs ‘21 and up, I think the rider triangle is the same. The 21 and up is just closer to the ground. I’m a 32” inseam and have no trouble reaching the ground on a pre ‘21.

In stock form there really is no rider pocket element protection on the NC. You need to modify it for touring, but it will still never have the calm pocket of a touring motorcycle. That said, I’m good with how I’ve modified mine for touring. I do long trips on my NC, including a 6200 mile round trip to Newfoundland from the Midwest.

Another common “sorely” needed modification to tour on the NC is a better seat than stock.
Thanks for the insights, much appreciated! As good as my Vision is, I still get a bit of buffeting at my helmet, so I'm used to that. I'll be lurking in the forums until I decide which way to go. Kinda hoping I can find a fly and buy

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks, and thanks for the welcome. I'm reading and learning. Hope to make a choice by late spring.

Howdy Lance and welcome to the forum

W/ regards to question 3 I do think pre-21 would fit your stature better

Question 2 comfort for touring which I really think goes hand in hand with question 1 and protection:

Imo to make the NC touring capable you need a Madstat shield, an aftermarket seat, heated grips, Givi or Hondaline bags, and a luggage rack with trunk or dry bag

In my experience, coming off liter class + bikes since 1977, adjusting myself to the meager power output was the biggest adjustment. Sure it'll do the proverbial " 80 mph all day long" but thats not it's forte'. Again imo this is not an open road freeway bike, but a 45-60 mph back roads bike. Its a 750 ish with mid 50s hp bike. Hauling 2 up with a load while passing is not in its job description.

Since you mention an interest in the XD, the DCT model, know that it takes a little while to get used to, but once you do, you'll find it brilliant in concept and execution. One downside the DCT model cannot be bump started, it would have to be jumped.

Pushing the NC around in the garage is a revelation. Compared to my other bikes, it feels like a bicycle. The gas mileage when running under 70 mph is fantastic, but it doesnt hold a lot of gas. You'll be stopping every 150-175 miles to fill up.

The Frunk is a nice feature, but not a game changer for me. Others feel differently.

It's a very nice motorcycle as long as you realize and accept its limitations.

After 57 years of riding, 31 motorcycles, close to 800,000 miles thru all 48 lower states, 2 provinces of Canada and 5 countries in Europe, I'm glad I bought one.
Thanks for the thorough reply! I've ridden the DCT once and have 2 buddies with Goldwing DCTs. I'm looking forward to that. And I'm definitely into the back road traveling with the occasional slab so I think the NC fits that well.

Back