• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

I am Danny and have owned my 2013 NC700X for 2.5 months and have added 6k miles to the 8k it came with. It has quickly become an all-time favorite motorcycle of mine with it's purring engine and ~52mpg fuel economy and ample storage space(it came with a Givi box). I live in in northern California, and as long as I don't have to deal with the rare snowfall I ride it nearly everyday. So far I have had to deal with a broken ignition key(easily resolved with an RFID kit), but besides that it has been trouble-free.

I am Danny and have owned my 2013 NC700X for 2.5 months and have added 6k miles to the 8k it came with. It has quickly become an all-time favorite motorcycle of mine with it's purring engine and ~52mpg fuel economy and ample storage space(it came with a Givi box). I live in in northern California, and as long as I don't have to deal with the rare snowfall I ride it nearly everyday. So far I have had to deal with a broken ignition key(easily resolved with an RFID kit), but besides that it has been trouble-free.
Welcome! And I already have a question. When you say RFID kit, did you somehow add a keyless RFID ignition to your bike?

Welcome! And I already have a question. When you say RFID kit, did you somehow add a keyless RFID ignition to your bike?
Yes, that is correct. The front trunk coupled with a couple wire-width holes in the trunk removable plastic panel from the prior owner's poor-man's immobilizer(push button system of some sort) made installation easy. I was back in business in a couple days instead of 2+ weeks waiting for a new lock cylinder. This is the one I went with: 12V Car Ignition Switch RFID... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BSFNY2WQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share.

Yes, that is correct. The front trunk coupled with a couple wire-width holes in the trunk removable plastic panel from the prior owner's poor-man's immobilizer(push button system of some sort) made installation easy. I was back in business in a couple days instead of 2+ weeks waiting for a new lock cylinder. This is the one I went with: 12V Car Ignition Switch RFID... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BSFNY2WQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share.
Very cool idea. I would never thought of that before. Thanks for posting.

Howdy Dane and welcome to the forum. I also have a 2021 DCT. Will turn over 38,000 miles in the next couple of rides. Been a good bike so far. Goes in for its 6th set of tires next week. The most expensive thing about this bike so far lol.

Greetings from the People’s Republic of Vancouver Island! I just signed off on the paperwork today for a Seal Grey Metallic 2012 NC700SA. I have lost count of the bikes I have owned, but I’m looking forward to this one. No pics yet, as it is still at work waiting for the weather to clear on Monday to bring it home (I work at a motorcycle dealership, and bought from our used inventory). Unlike some of you folks, I will start with “unmodifying” my bike. It has Kouba lowering links, and I’m 6’5”. That’s gotta go. My most recent street bike (for the past 7 years) has been a CBR300R, so I don’t think I’ll notice that the NC lacks horsepower. The biggest adjustment will be that the CBR only really had power between 7K and 9.5K RPM. A bit of culture shock there…

I have no plans for long tours, just commuting and prowling the roads of the PRVI, with possible occasional trips to Greater Canada. Even in Canada, the NC700S is thin on the ground, so if you’re on the Island, and you see a grey one with yellow accents, ridden by a big gangly fellow, say Hi!

Greetings from the People’s Republic of Vancouver Island! I just signed off on the paperwork today for a Seal Grey Metallic 2012 NC700SA. I have lost count of the bikes I have owned, but I’m looking forward to this one. No pics yet, as it is still at work waiting for the weather to clear on Monday to bring it home (I work at a motorcycle dealership, and bought from our used inventory). Unlike some of you folks, I will start with “unmodifying” my bike. It has Kouba lowering links, and I’m 6’5”. That’s gotta go. My most recent street bike (for the past 7 years) has been a CBR300R, so I don’t think I’ll notice that the NC lacks horsepower. The biggest adjustment will be that the CBR only really had power between 7K and 9.5K RPM. A bit of culture shock there…

I have no plans for long tours, just commuting and prowling the roads of the PRVI, with possible occasional trips to Greater Canada. Even in Canada, the NC700S is thin on the ground, so if you’re on the Island, and you see a grey one with yellow accents, ridden by a big gangly fellow, say Hi!
Congratulations Dan
This is a great forum with tons of info.
I’m at the south end of PRVI (View Royal).

Hello all,
My name is Will from North Carolina and I picked up a 2017 NC700x with 700 miles a couple months ago.
Welcome! It always makes me give my head a shake when I hear about motorcycles like that.Great deal for you, but how on earth does a perfectly good motorcycle sit unused like that?

Back