• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

nc750x as a dirt bike

my first movie :)

[video=youtube;q817cqs-ZMM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q817cqs-ZMM[/video]

Nicely done on that bike. But as said before a real dual sport would cover that ground at a much faster pace without even noticing the roughness. But it is what it is and as long as it is fun it is all good. I think if the 750 had the suspension the new CRF1000 has it would be very capable. It is a great motor for off road.

Nicely done on that bike. But as said before a real dual sport would cover that ground at a much faster pace without even noticing the roughness. But it is what it is and as long as it is fun it is all good. I think if the 750 had the suspension the new CRF1000 has it would be very capable. It is a great motor for off road.

yea, of course I could go faster but freaking suspension would shake the video completely regardless I was standing on pegs :(
It's a pity honda put so crappy suspension in this bike.

It's a pity honda put so crappy suspension in this bike.

Yes, it really is a pity that Honda put a street suspension (and street tires) on a street bike. What were they thinking?

Looks like a great place to ride with a variety of terrain. Great for learning how to ride off-road. Upgrading the suspension does make a big difference on rocky terrain. The base suspension doesn't handle the sharp bumps very well. That also goes for on the street. Upgraded suspensions rides a lot smoother.

Yes, it really is a pity that Honda put a street suspension (and street tires) on a street bike. What were they thinking?

wrong, first of all they classified it as adventure bike, meaning all kinda roads.
Second honda didn't even put proper street bike suspension on ncx, rear dumping is nonresistant.
Don't assume all streets are like track even without bumps and sh@#$.
In US you have mostly good roads but there is not such case in all other countries.
Whether you like it or not the ncx suspension is the biggest drawback with this bike.

Honda may have classified it as an "Adventure" bike, but I never took that word literally. I regard my NC as a street bike and use my XR for the rough stuff.

P1010143.jpg

In the U.S. the NC is said to be ADV style and the ads and pictures do not show it off road. Honda Power Sports web site features section talks about gnarly pavement.........

41mm Fork
With 5.4" of travel, the NC700X strikes a perfect balance between a long-distance and a short-hop street machine. This gives it a wide range of capability, good handling and helps inspire confidence.

Offering 5.9" of rear-wheel travel and teamed with a Honda Multi-Action System (HMAS) rear shock, the NC700X eats up the gnarliest pavement while giving you a smooth ride.

As for the CRF1000 it will be awesome but it is likely to be over twice the price of the NC........lighter weight, tons more power and suspension cost BIG $$$$$........plus there still will upgrades and better stuff to add more $$$$ to the bottom line.......bet it will need a better seat ???????;);)

Last edited:
Honda may have classified it as an "Adventure" bike, but I never took that word literally. I regard my NC as a street bike and use my XR for the rough stuff.

yes of course you can do this but for me it's no challenge, fun at all. It's just too easy, almost like riding a bicycle, not too mention for longer offroad trip you cannot load enough luggage because of a weaker frame.

Offering 5.9" of rear-wheel travel and teamed with a Honda Multi-Action System (HMAS) rear shock, the NC700X eats up the gnarliest pavement while giving you a smooth ride.

yeah, this is just marketing BS :) I am swearing every day when I ride on some bumpy roads around mu house. Again, if you have perfectly even roads you won't notice it,
but we are supposed to have suspension for bad roads not for good ones are we?

yes of course you can do this but for me it's no challenge, fun at all. It's just too easy, almost like riding a bicycle, not too mention for longer offroad trip you cannot load enough luggage because of a weaker frame.

I wouldn't try to take my NC up this. It's enough of a challenge on the XR (no bicycle ride here)...and trust me, the XR frame is not weak. It is a solid, reliable, and virtually bullet-proof old-school four stroke. You could load that bike up but I don't use it that way.

I'm glad to see some riders push the envelope with their NCs offroad. I don't have the stomach or physical size for it given the bike's weight compared to my dual sport bikes.

P1000510.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't try to take my NC up this. It's enough of a challenge on the XR (no bicycle ride here)...and trust me, the XR frame is not weak. It is a solid, reliable, and virtually bullet-proof old-school four stroke. You could load that bike up but I don't use it that way.

I'm glad to see some riders push the envelope with their NCs offroad. I don't have the stomach or physical size for it given the bike's weight compared to my dual sport bikes.

View attachment 25469

shoot, nice hill..where is it? I'll go there with my nc750x ;)

I don't see a CRF 1000 in Honda's lineup...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BUT........twice the power to get you out of trouble.......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Still no skid plate ......................

Back