• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

nc750x as a dirt bike

OK, I have visited today motocross track on my NC and for the first time I have backed off from the ride main trail. :mad:
Way too many rocky up and down hills so skid plate is a must, minimum 200 mm ground clearance, switchable or no ABS (got tired putting my NC on stand and fooling ABS) ,
a lot better suspension and finally less weight would be nice. I'll be back on this fantastic place probably with crf250l and eventually crf1000l.

View attachment 26250

View attachment 26251

View attachment 26252

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I really look up to any future CRF1000L comparison by you sir! :cool:
It looks like the NC copes well with getting laid all too often.

I wish nc750x had at least 19" front wheel...

I think you could have some off road spoke wheels from off road kits for the 500X but no idea if a 19'' fits there or it would smash things upon suspension bottoming....
How do the solid rims take the abuse? Still in shape?

Last edited:
19" front will not fit unless you install some longer forks.
The tire will contact the radiator and cylinder head .

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

Just sharing one of my many videos where I off road my NC700XD. Though the video starts with my little girl taking a dirt nap, that was user error. Poor line plus the fact that my short legs didnt reach the ground caused the drop. The NC with a TKC80 in front and Shinko 805 on rear do the trick off road. The only issue I find with the NC when taking her off road is the lack of clearance but if you do a better job than me picking your lines, she can go just about anywhere......and she does it well......AND more importantly she is a BLAST!!!

[video=youtube_share;v4Gj5WR94rg]https://youtu.be/v4Gj5WR94rg[/video]

Just sharing one of my many videos where I off road my NC700XD. Though the video starts with my little girl taking a dirt nap, that was user error. Poor line plus the fact that my short legs didnt reach the ground caused the drop. The NC with a TKC80 in front and Shinko 805 on rear do the trick off road. The only issue I find with the NC when taking her off road is the lack of clearance but if you do a better job than me picking your lines, she can go just about anywhere......and she does it well......AND more importantly she is a BLAST!!!

good job! although in the end you lost some momentum and throttle hence the drop :)

How do the solid rims take the abuse? Still in shape?

My rims are still fine because I ride relatively slow on rocky terrains.
Most of my nc abuse takes place on sand, mud and gravel.

Just sharing one of my many videos where I off road my NC700XD.

Just want to add my thanks for your videos! They are most entertaining and allowing me to pleasantly pass time watching them (I'm in the Singapore airport, at 5am, waiting on a space-a flight to Japan that doesn't leave till tomorrow and have lots of time to kill), dreaming of the next shiny bit to install on my NCX. Keep new videos coming!

Ray

Last edited:
Hi guys,

First of all; you have great looking bikes!! The dirt tires make the bike look very cool and rough! :)

Now my question, do one of you know how much extra fuel consumption the dirt tires produce, in comparison with normal street tires? Does the bike consume 3km extra per litre compared to the normal tires?

Thanks in advance!! Edwin

Hi guys,

First of all; you have great looking bikes!! The dirt tires make the bike look very cool and rough! :)

Now my question, do one of you know how much extra fuel consumption the dirt tires produce, in comparison with normal street tires? Does the bike consume 3km extra per litre compared to the normal tires?

Thanks in advance!! Edwin

to be honest I don't know, on dirt I don't care much but computer shows 5l/100km. On pavement it is definitely a factor decreasing mpg because since I put tck 80 on
I cannot get back to my original low consumption rating. As soon as I get second bike strictly for dirt riding I'm putting road tyres back on my nc750x.

couple of inches??? :( that's bad, makes little sense to me since nc clearance is already low. BTW, if sump is cracked I lose oil and cannot ride, but how much does it cost to replace? wonder is it more expensive then skid plate or not?
Not really. I have a skid plate and lost about 1/2 inch if that with the SW-Motech plate.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back